All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

Jets have the same cap space as the Bills and still need to sign their draft picks and Rodgers.  Love to see how they make this work.  Rodgers will need to only have a 10M cap hit this year which will push future hits to 60-70M per year.  Looks like the Jets are all in this year at a major expense to any long term success.  With the Jets and Dolphins pushing their chips all in, this only helps the Chiefs as they are pretty much a shoe in to get the #1 seed.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

In what world does going from Zach Wilson and Mike White to Aaron Rodgers make the Jets less concerning?  🤣

One Super Bowl from 2008-2022 as a starter bro.  The media hype about Aaron Rodgers is beyond ridiculous.  The talking heads of football need something to constantly talk about.  (have you watched ESPN or ESPN 2 every weekday?)  Either him or Lamar Jackson.  Blah Blah Blah.  Its the world of the 2020's.  Take me back to NFL films with John Facenda at the mike showing old Raider classic games from the 70's.  That was football.  

47 minutes ago, Success said:

I was more concerned about the Jets last year, when they had a talented young team and looked like they could build a contender for years.

Now, they are set to go all in for a year or 2 on a semi-washed QB, who might get them to the playoffs but probably not a SB, and it will make them much weaker in the long-term.

You removed all credibility from this post when you called the guy who has won 2 of the last 3 league MVPs'a a "washed up QB".

Homers gonna homer.

The Jets beat us last year with Zach Wilson at QB. Their defense is nasty. If they had ANY semblance of an offense, they would have been in the playoffs last year.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

You removed all credibility from this post when you called the guy who has won 2 of the last 3 league MVPs'a a "washed up QB".

Homers gonna homer.

The Jets beat us last year with Zach Wilson at QB. Their defense is nasty. If they had ANY semblance of an offense, they would have been in the playoffs last year.

You're not exactly the "credibility guy."  So, ya know - I'll take that w/ a grain of salt & all.

8 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

One Super Bowl from 2008-2022 as a starter bro.  The media hype about Aaron Rodgers is beyond ridiculous.  The talking heads of football need something to constantly talk about.  (have you watched ESPN or ESPN 2 every weekday?)  Either him or Lamar Jackson.  Blah Blah Blah.  Its the world of the 2020's.  Take me back to NFL films with John Facenda at the mike showing old Raider classic games from the 70's.  That was football.  

The point, bro, is the Jets went from Zach Wilson to Aaron Rodgers (presumably). If you think the Jets downgraded with that switch, that’s all I need to know about your football acumen. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He said that OBJ was on his way to SB MVP when he got hurt. A lot could have changed, but he was on pace for over 100 yards and 2 TD's when he got injured.

Credibility isn't a person. It's formed or removed by the argument made by a person in any individual argument.

You called a QB who won 2 of the last 3 league MVP's, "washed up".

A QB who was 7th in passing TD's and 11th in yards last year... "washed up".

It's absurd on its face. No need to even delve deeper.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Why would the Jets and Packers be in "no hurry" to get their deal done?  You would think the Jets would want to firm up their cap space and draft picture, and ditto the Packers.

It's been covered @ length on Sports Radio. If the Packers wait til after June 1st to trade him they take less of a cap hit. The Jets feel the longer they wait, especially after the draft, the more the market dries up for the Packers to trade and hence lowers what they can receive in trade for him.  Rodgers is basicly playing for the Jets or no one and everyone knows it. Plus he already knows Hacketts system. The alternative here being they cut him and get nothing and a dead money cap hit and he still signs with the Jets. 

Just now, Einstein said:

Credibility isn't a person. It's formed or removed by the argument made by a person in any individual argument.

You called a QB who won 2 of the last 3 league MVP's, "washed up".

A QB who was 7th in passing TD's and 11th in yards last year... "washed up".

It's absurd on its face. No need to even delve deeper.

I was actually careful not to say "washed up."  I said "semi-washed," which many objective observers of Rodgers' play last season agree with.  He is, without a doubt, not as good as he used to be.

He'll make the Jets a LOT better - next year.  But I don't think good enough to challenge us for the division, and they'll sacrifice a fair amount of future improvement to go all in for the time they have him.

I dont care if you disagree w/ me.  Disagree all day. But saying Rodgers is not playing as well as he used to is not a homer take.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Too content, too complacent here in Buffalo

When the media doesnt ask any hard questions, ownership is distracted, and the fan base worships them, why would the front office take any bold risks required to win a championship?

Jets/Dolphins will grab the reigns and represent the East this year in January :(

That seal's it for me.  I'm not even going to watch the games!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Disagree all day. But saying Rodgers is not playing as well as he used to is not a homer take.  

That's fine.

But your overall point is that these moves won't make the Jets a threat, right?

The same Jets team who BEAT US last year with a terrible QB. Is now adding a QB who, even if he is not as good as he once was, is still quite good. If Rodgers puts up just an AVERAGE offense, the Jets make the playoffs and are a thread.

The Jets lost games last year while scoring 3 points, 12 points, 17 points, 3 points (again), 6 points, 12 points (again), and 6 points (again). That's unfathomably bad offense. 

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Too content, too complacent here in Buffalo

When the media doesnt ask any hard questions, ownership is distracted, and the fan base worships them, why would the front office take any bold risks required to win a championship?

Jets/Dolphins will grab the reigns and represent the East this year in January :(

Don't Jump my friend.

I agree we needed more than what we have gotten so far. But the Jets look like a team that will get blown up if they don't win a Lombardi.

Bought teams must succeed or they will be dismantled from top to bottom. I still think the Bills are in a good spot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.