All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

1 hour ago, london_bills said:

I think if this guy wanted to come here he would be here already.

Like most players, he wants to go to the team who lines his pockets the most.  I, personally, see nothing wrong with that.  I just don't think anything matters to 99% of professional athletes more than money.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That's fine.

But your overall point is that these moves won't make the Jets a threat, right?

The same Jets team who BEAT US last year with a terrible QB. Is now adding a QB who, even if he is not as good as he once was, is still quite good. If Rodgers puts up just an AVERAGE offense, the Jets make the playoffs and are a thread.

The Jets lost games last year while scoring 3 points, 12 points, 17 points, 3 points (again), 6 points, 12 points (again), and 6 points (again). That's unfathomably bad offense. 

You aren't wrong, and I'm a huge Rodgers fan. 

He has a tendency to shut it down if things aren't going his way, he also struggled heavily last year with new players and no continuity. He will be in a similar situation this year, and I'm not sure he's willing to commit to an off-season at his age to combat the growing pains.

• Like (+1) 1

That's fine.

But your overall point is that these moves won't make the Jets a threat, right?

The same Jets team who BEAT US last year with a terrible QB. Is now adding a QB who, even if he is not as good as he once was, is still quite good. If Rodgers puts up just an AVERAGE offense, the Jets make the playoffs and are a thread.

The Jets lost games last year while scoring 3 points, 12 points, 17 points, 3 points (again), 6 points, 12 points (again), and 6 points (again). That's unfathomably bad offense. 

That wasn't really my point.  I'm less concerned about them long-term.  Next year, they'll be a tougher out.

I think they're making a mistake. They had a very good thing going - a team loaded w/ great young talent. And there are other QB's available that wouldn't have chewed up miles of cap, and come w/ other moves that diminish their chances of contending after Rodgers moves on.

I'll take that. I thought they were building a team that could be our primary competition throughout the Allen era. Not seeing that now.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You removed all credibility from this post when you called the guy who has won 2 of the last 3 league MVPs'a a "washed up QB".

Homers gonna homer.

The Jets beat us last year with Zach Wilson at QB. Their defense is nasty. If they had ANY semblance of an offense, they would have been in the playoffs last year.

how two teams play against each other in one  year doesn't necessarily translate what happens the next season as you're insisting.  maybe, but the jets could also be a team that completely collapses under the weight.  rodgers is a year, maybe two rental.  if they don't win the super bowl during that time, it's a complete waste.

and for a guy that keeps pounding how good rodgers is during the regular season, how has he done in the playoffs?  i'm not saying he doesn't greatly improve the team, but why be scared about it?

Just now, teef said:

how two teams play against each other in one  year doesn't necessarily translate what happens the next season

What that game showed us (and really every game) that the Jets defense is legit. An extremely good defense. So good that they can win 7 games while having a horrendous offense.

If they put together just a decent offense. Not great, not spectacular, just DECENT. They are a playoff team. 

4 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

You aren't wrong, and I'm a huge Rodgers fan. 

He has a tendency to shut it down if things aren't going his way, he also struggled heavily last year with new players and no continuity. He will be in a similar situation this year, and I'm not sure he's willing to commit to an off-season at his age to combat the growing pains.

Yep.

Watch him have a resurgence this year.

What that game showed us (and really every game) that the Jets defense is legit. An extremely good defense. So good that they can win 7 games while having a horrendous offense.

If they put together just a decent offense. Not great, not spectacular, just DECENT. They are a playoff team. 

they'll be very good.  no doubting that, but there's a lot of scenarios on which that can go wrong.  let them go to the playoffs and watch rodgers melt down again.  remeber, this is a guy who said he was 90% ready to retire a couple of months ago.   signing rodgers may very well hurt that team in the long term, but i certainly get why they want to do it.  again, if they don't win the super bowl this year, it will hurt far more than it helps.  the talent of their team will be a little bit older, they'll be closer to new contract, and no qb in sight.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Nothing that Beane and the Bills can do about the Jets off season moves.

When gameday comes around we will see who is better.  AFCW was going to be all that and tough for KC to handle last year too.

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I would be shocked if one of the Bills-Jets games this year isn't on primetime. The other will be the CBS featured game that week with Nantz/Romo on the call.

I just don't want the Bills to play on Thanksgiving and I wouldn't mind avoiding Romo.  He has been a jinx when he calls Bills games.

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I would be shocked if one of the Bills-Jets games this year isn't on primetime. The other will be the CBS featured game that week with Nantz/Romo on the call.

Thats only if the broadcasters see the Bills as worthy of prime time.   Personally I dont care and prefer 1pm games, but what have the Bills done this offseason to make people interested in them?   Miami and NYJ are going to get all the hype going into the season.  I think its likely that the talking heads see the Bills as a team fighting with NE for 3rd place in the division. 

20 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Good call. Just listen to WGR on Mondays for the pretty picture, win or lose

EDIT- its always a 'win' on that channel :)

Speaking of WGR, Joe Diabase was obsessed with 2 names this year: Jakob Chychrun and Odell Beckham. 

What is he going to do if the Bills don't get either one of them?

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Thats only if the broadcasters see the Bills as worthy of prime time.   Personally I dont care and prefer 1pm games, but what have the Bills done this offseason to make people interested in them?   Miami and NYJ are going to get all the hype going into the season.  I think its likely that the talking heads see the Bills as a team fighting with NE for 3rd place in the division. 

The Bills won 13 games last year and have JA. They will get their share of primetime games. I would guess 4 with a chance to be flexed into a 5th game.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I just don't want the Bills to play on Thanksgiving and I wouldn't mind avoiding Romo.  He has been a jinx when he calls Bills games.

The Bills will get the CBS #1 announcers sometimes when they play on Sunday afternoon. No chance the Bills don't get Romo/Nantz at some point in the season.

Just now, gjv said:

Too bad we are having such a hard time affording upgrades to our skilled positions. I'm hoping this off season that we at least get a running back on the roster better than Josh. 

Huh? We signed Damien Harris. A quality physical player with good speed.  Not sure many RB's are better runners than Josh though

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.