All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

Gonna pay him.

Gonna tag Jackson at a tagged rate. Hell they don't have to franchise tag him either

Must see tv! 

?

Ravens already franchise tagged Jackson.

Non-exclusive franchise tag, $32.4M

If he gets a deal from another team and the Ravens don't chose to match, that team hasta give the Ravens 2 1st round picks.  Heh.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35776986/nfl-non-exclusive-franchise-tag-biggest-questions-ravens-lamar-jackson

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

?

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

?

Ravens already franchise tagged Jackson.

Non-exclusive franchise tag, $32.4M

If he gets a deal from another team and the Ravens don't chose to match, that team hasta give the Ravens 2 1st round picks.  Heh.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35776986/nfl-non-exclusive-franchise-tag-biggest-questions-ravens-lamar-jackson

I missed that detail, thought it was a transition tag to "negotiate" 

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Exactly. I feel everyone's made their offer to him and none are to his liking, which is why he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Eventually when push comes to shove, he'll realize this just is what his market is and take one of them.

I'd be surprised if one of those offers isn't ours. But if we take one in Round 1 or 2 (which is a decent possibility) after signing Harty and Sherfield, that offer is probably coming off the table.

If we take one in rd 1 or 2 it should come off the table. Our terms should be we’re looking until draft time and if we take one early, we have no room for other WRs taking away from their reps. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Oh, yeah, other teams can negotiate with Lamar all right - with the loss of 2 1st round picks like a pistol held to their heads LOL

I was half expecting Miami to pull this trigger and keep Tua and Jackson as a two headed mutant 

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

If we take one in rd 1 or 2 it should come off the table. Our terms should be we’re looking until draft time and if we take one early, we have no room for other WRs taking away from their reps. 

Exactly. We should be looking to add 1 more Outside WR. So it's either someone like Quentin Johnson, Jordan Addison, Zay Flowers, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, or Jalin Hyatt in Round 1 or a veteran FA like OBJ or someone in a trade.

After Harty and Sherfield in conjunction with Diggs, Davis, and Shakir - we're not doing more than 1 more.

14 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Exactly. We should be looking to add 1 more Outside WR. So it's either someone like Quentin Johnson, Jordan Addison, Zay Flowers, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, or Jalin Hyatt in Round 1 or a veteran FA like OBJ or someone in a trade.

After Harty and Sherfield in conjunction with Diggs, Davis, and Shakir - we're not doing more than 1 more.

I personally feel like most of those guys are inside guys. JMO 

He has proven with this one year $15 million contract that he is not about winning.  Strictly a cash grab and I can not fault him.  He is over estimating his value.  Hard pass on him.  Draft a young WR.  

31 minutes ago, mrags said:

I personally feel like most of those guys are inside guys. JMO 

Zay Flowers height is a definite concern. But his route running, speed, and game breaking ability could lend itself to the Outside. Smith-Njigba may or may not be able to play on the Outside. Quentin Johnson, Jordan Addison, and Jalin Hyatt are all Outside guys.

15 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Zay Flowers height is a definite concern. But his route running, speed, and game breaking ability could lend itself to the Outside. Smith-Njigba may or may not be able to play on the Outside. Quentin Johnson, Jordan Addison, and Jalin Hyatt are all Outside guys.

Same worries about Flowers here. SN is the same. I also believe Addison is a little small to be a legitimate outside guy. But I guess he could end up being similar to someone like Diggs. He may end up being really good. I just don’t think he is what we’re looking for. 

Q. Johnston is absolutely what I would want out of our #2 to Diggs. But he’s not going to be available. Let me rephrase that, I’d be shocked if he was there at 27. 

Hyatt I’m also not a fan of. Too small as well. Personally I believe his team mate Tillman is going to end up being better. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Same worries about Flowers here. SN is the same. I also believe Addison is a little small to be a legitimate outside guy. But I guess he could end up being similar to someone like Diggs. He may end up being really good. I just don’t think he is what we’re looking for. 

Q. Johnston is absolutely what I would want out of our #2 to Diggs. But he’s not going to be available. Let me rephrase that, I’d be shocked if he was there at 27. 

Hyatt I’m also not a fan of. Too small as well. Personally I believe his team mate Tillman is going to end up being better. 

Addison and Hyatt are both 6'0" - which is the same height as Stefon Diggs. Hyatt runs a 4.4 40 and graded out best overall amongst all WR's at the Combine according to NFL.com's metrics.

So while i'd prefer a taller WR, 6' even is fine if you have the experience playing Outside and have above average qualities elsewhere such as speed and route running.

Agreed on Johnston though. He is my favorite. Though he has some issues with contested catches. I think he will be gone, but it wouldn't shock me if he fell due to some inconsistent game footage and teams falling for JSN, Flowers, and Hyatt. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

22 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Addison and Hyatt are both 6'0" - which is the same height as Stefon Diggs. Hyatt runs a 4.4 40 and graded out best overall amongst all WR's at the Combine according to NFL.com's metrics.

So while i'd prefer a taller WR, 6' even is fine if you have the experience playing Outside and have above average qualities elsewhere such as speed and route running.

Agreed on Johnston though. He is my favorite. Though he has some issues with contested catches. I think he will be gone, but it wouldn't shock me if he fell due to some inconsistent game footage and teams falling for JSN, Flowers, and Hyatt. 

6ft is fine but Addison is listed at 175 and Hyatt at 180. Even as small as Diggs is as a #1 he still weighs in at 191 according to nfl sites. 

imo 175 and 180 are way too light for what we’re looking for in an outside WR. We already have someone like Diggs. We need someone more bigger and more physical to compliment Diggs. 

Hyatt is fast but I’m not seeing anything on tape that intrigues me. Also doesn’t look like he has a full route tree. We already have one of those in Davis. Hard pass. 

like I said, I’d prefer Johnston but he won’t be there. I’d he is and we don’t sprint to the podium I’d be severely disappointed. But I’m preparing for that because I think this FO and coaching staff are lost when it comes to drafting WRs or anyone on offense for that matter. Yeah, yeah, I know, Allen. 

I like Tillman in about rd3. Possibly AT Perry or Palmer in rd 3-4. 

9 hours ago, mrags said:

This is what @GunnerBill said the other day: "The concerns on Johnston are not raw production. They are about his skill set. Hands, route running and not playing to his size." For these reasons, Johnston may drop, don't know if it would be all the way to 27. Not sure how many of those concerns can be coached up, but he certainly has the talent to be a dynamic receiver. I had not been considering him because I assumed he was not a possibility.

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He has some issues with hands catches, contested or otherwise. I've never seen someone that size play so consistently below the rim. This is my thing on his size.... the only time he actually uses his size as an asset is with the ball in his hands when he is a tough tackle for any DB. It is true that it is a technical point and can be coached up and the raw ingredients are there. But those are the things teams have to get comfortable with. They talk about smaller receivers needing to "play bigger", Johnston needs to "play bigger too" because he is 6'3 playing 5'11.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.