All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

2 minutes ago, gjv said:

Too bad we are having such a hard time affording upgrades to our skilled positions. I'm hoping this off season that we at least get a running back on the roster better than Josh. 

Wait, McDermott wants Josh to not take too many chances running.  This board melted down and evidently wants him to run more!

Bills need to trade for Henry and teach him how to throw.  You know, in case Josh gets injured we can have the same type of player at QB.

Good, hope the Jets do land him and pay an exorbitant amount of $.

And overpay Rodgers and give the packers way too much.  Rodgers is old, no one has any clue how effective he will be, same with OBJ coming over a years with no football and serious injury.  Roll the dice big Jets.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Agree 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Thats only if the broadcasters see the Bills as worthy of prime time.   Personally I dont care and prefer 1pm games, but what have the Bills done this offseason to make people interested in them?   Miami and NYJ are going to get all the hype going into the season.  I think its likely that the talking heads see the Bills as a team fighting with NE for 3rd place in the division. 

They won 13 games and the division last year.  Allen is 19-9 career in the AFCE - 15-3 over the last 3 seasons (17-3 with 2 playoff wins).  And they have won the division 3 years in a row.  

Uncommon opponents for Bills: Bengals, Jaguars, Bucs

Uncommon opponents for Jets: Texans, Browns, Falcons

Uncommon opponents for Miami: Titans, Panthers, Ravens

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They won 13 games and the division last year.  Allen is 19-9 career in the AFCE - 15-3 over the last 3 seasons (17-3 with 2 playoff wins).  And they have won the division 3 years in a row.  

Uncommon opponents for Bills: Bengals, Jaguars, Bucs

Uncommon opponents for Jets: Texans, Browns, Falcons

Uncommon opponents for Miami: Titans, Panthers, Ravens

The Bills and Dolphins will probably get on primetime as well. They did play 3 close games last year. I would say Bills-Dolphins and Bills-Jets are a good bet for primetime this season.

OBJ is one of the most overrated, if not THE most overrated, players in the league.

He is living off of his first three seasons and, more than that, he's living off of ONE highlight reel catch.

Ya wanna know the last time OBJ had more than 1,100 yards receiving? 2016! SEVEN years ago!

After his great first three years with the Giants, his season-long receiving outputs have been as follows. Yes, injury, QB play, team circumstance, etc, have all played a part, but...tough *****. Lots of players deal with those same things and post superior production:

302 yards
1052 yards
1035 Yards
319 Yards
537 Yards

Here are a few active players with more career receiving yards:

Marvin Jones
Randall Cobb
Robert Woods
Jarvis Landry
Amari Cooper
Brandin Cooks

Like...aside from OBJ's name, his "brand", his great catch from 2015 or whatever....what exactly am I supposed to be excited about? And now he's coming off back-to-back ACL injuries?!

Meh. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

OBJ is one of the most overrated, if not THE most overrated, players in the league.

He is living off of his first three seasons and, more than that, he's living off of ONE highlight reel catch.

Ya wanna know the last time OBJ had more than 1,100 yards receiving? 2016! SEVEN years ago!

After his great first three years with the Giants, his season-long receiving outputs have been as follows. Yes, injury, QB play, team circumstance, etc, have all played a part, but...tough *****. Lots of players deal with those same things and post superior production:

302 yards
1052 yards
1035 Yards
319 Yards
537 Yards

Marvin Jones
Randall Cobb
Robert Woods
Jarvis Landry
Amari Cooper
Brandin Cooks

Like...aside from OBJ's name, his "brand", his great catch from 2015 or whatever....what exactly am I supposed to be excited about? And now he's coming off back-to-back ACL injuries?!

Meh. 

Stop being so logical:cry:

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

302 yards
1052 yards
1035 Yards
319 Yards
537 Yards

Marvin Jones
Randall Cobb
Robert Woods
Jarvis Landry
Amari Cooper
Brandin Cooks

Meh. 

Cheers Yes GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

Very well put. 

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

302 yards
1052 yards
1035 Yards
319 Yards
537 Yards

Marvin Jones
Randall Cobb
Robert Woods
Jarvis Landry
Amari Cooper
Brandin Cooks

Meh. 

The talk about Beckham getting big money and long term was always ridiculous.............but he was a 1,000 yard receiver in 2019 and then tore his ACL midway thru 2020.   It's not like he's had a series of bad performing seasons.    The last time he was on the field he was playing excellent football.  He's probably a $5M-$7M aav 1 year deal player at this point but he could be a very good WR2 for that money if he returns to the form he was at in January 2022.   He just has a higher level of skill than a guy like Gabe Davis who struggles even with basic catch mechanics as a WR2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

The Bills will get the CBS #1 announcers sometimes when they play on Sunday afternoon. No chance the Bills don't get Romo/Nantz at some point in the season.

I know but Romo is a jinx to the Bills.  Nantz just jinxes kickers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Thats only if the broadcasters see the Bills as worthy of prime time.   Personally I dont care and prefer 1pm games, but what have the Bills done this offseason to make people interested in them?   Miami and NYJ are going to get all the hype going into the season.  I think its likely that the talking heads see the Bills as a team fighting with NE for 3rd place in the division. 

I certainly hope the storyline is the Bills fighting for 3rd, maybe they won't lay down like last year.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Like...aside from OBJ's name, his "brand", his great catch from 2015 or whatever....what exactly am I supposed to be excited about?

Be excited that he's a better WR than Gabe Davis. This is not even debatable. The last game he played in he was the best player on the field.

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Good for the Jets for recognizing when it is time to go "all in". Wish the bills FO had some of that

I mean, to be fair...

The Bills have spent to the cap the past few seasons, traded quite a few picks for a top five receiver in Stefon Diigs, just paid mega bucks to a Hall of Fame edge rusher in Von Miller, and are rumored to be trying to trade for DeAndre Hopkins.

I suppose you could look to their being unwilling to acquire Christian McCaffrey last year to back up your point, but personally, I don't really think it's fair or accurate to say that the Bills HAVEN'T been going "all in".

Edited by Logic

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

The point, bro, is the Jets went from Zach Wilson to Aaron Rodgers (presumably). If you think the Jets downgraded with that switch, that’s all I need to know about your football acumen. 

I didn't say that.  And my football acumen is plenty.  I just think Aaron Rodgers is overhyped.  And I am not scared of the Jets.  

2 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

In a single game though, his talent in the slot may be unmatched in the league. 

When the playoffs start, and it is one game, do or die, that's where pure talent like this matters. The Bills don't need a solid, steady, 1000 yard season where a guy has a couple big games against the Texans or something. The bills have that with Gabe Davis.

The Bills need a gamebreaker so they don't put up 10 points in the snow at home against the Bengals.

---

Good for the Jets for recognizing when it is time to go "all in". Wish the bills FO had some of that

He has done nothing to warrant these statements. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.