All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

DeAndre Hopkins could be a good target.  I think his trade value is going down and he may be within reason.

He is only 30 years old, he'll be 31 for this next up coming season, (which is the same age as Devante and only 1 year older than Diggs).   There is no real sign of him slowing down and speed and explosiveness was never really part of his game anyhow, he is just a tremendous, physical route runner with the best hands in the league.

I wouldn't be surprised that a 4th rounder could get the deal done.  Maybe if you even sweeten the pot and trade Oliver and a 5th, the Cardinals may even eat a few million from the cap hit themselves.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He won’t be available then…

Beckham has been trying to get signed for about 4 months and the Cowboys just traded for Brandin Cooks, which probably takes them out of the running.

He would be better off playing with an elite qb for a year and getting a bigger contract afterwards. He hasn't reached 1000 yards since 2019 and his health is a concern.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Beckham has been trying to get signed for about 4 months and the Cowboys just traded for Brandin Cooks, which probably takes them out of the running.

He would be better off playing with an elite qb for a year and getting a bigger contract afterwards. He hasn't reached 1000 yards since 2019 and his health is a concern.

I don't think he has enough left in his body for a prove-it deal. This is his last shot at a big deal and teams are rightfully nervous.

Beane is doing the right thing by waiting until OBJ realizes the reality of the situation. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Magox said:

DeAndre Hopkins could be a good target.  I think his trade value is going down and he may be within reason.

He is only 30 years old, he'll be 31 for this next up coming season, (which is the same age as Devante and only 1 year older than Diggs).   There is no real sign of him slowing down and speed and explosiveness was never really part of his game anyhow, he is just a tremendous, physical route runner with the best hands in the league.

I wouldn't be surprised that a 4th rounder could get the deal done.  Maybe if you even sweeten the pot and trade Oliver and a 5th, the Cardinals may even eat a few million from the cap hit themselves.

the red flag on slowing down is getting popped for performance enhancers 

I’m a big fan of his play but he’s a big question mark going forward in his 30s and being tested frequently 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Oliver and a 4th for hopkins would be perfect.  Dunno why the cards would want Oliver though.  I suspect that there would be a better trade available.  

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Hopkins would require way too much money as well as Draft compensation. He has a 31 million dollar cap hit this season. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Hopkins would require way too much money as well as Draft compensation. He has a 31 million dollar cap hit this season. 

….it’s already known he would restructure his deal for acquiring team…like Cooks did with Dallas…..

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Eyeroll 1

47 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

….it’s already known he would restructure his deal for acquiring team…like Cooks did with Dallas…..

Restructure what? He's only got this year and next year left on his deal. And his cap hit next season is 27 million. There's no way to restructure his deal or extend a player the caliber of Nuke without paying a fortune. I don't see us doing that and giving up compensation.

Especially given our cap situation this year, the amount of holes we still have to fill, and our cap situation next year (again 18+ plus over the cap).

And doing so would be giving up on extending Gabe after this season, which Beane doesn't sound like he wants to do, if his last presser was any indication.

Way more likely we gamble on OBJ for a year, trade for someone more manageable like Jeudy for a year or two, and/or Draft someone. Even if we could, there's no way we'd pay Diggs what we're paying him and then pay for Nuke.

Any way you slice it, Hopkins is a Madden like pipedream for this season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Restructure what? He's only got this year and next year left on his deal. And his cap hit next season is 27 million. There's no way to restructure his deal or extend a player the caliber of Nuke without paying a fortune. I don't see us doing that and giving up compensation.

Especially given our cap situation this year, the amount of holes we still have to fill, and our cap situation next year (again 18+ plus over the cap).

And doing so would be giving up on extending Gabe after this season, which Beane doesn't sound like he wants to do, if his last presser was any indication.

Way more likely we gamble on OBJ for a year, trade for someone more manageable like Jeudy for a year or two, and/or Draft someone. Even if we could, there's no way we'd pay Diggs what we're paying him and then pay for Nuke.

Any way you slice it, Hopkins is a Madden like pipedream for this season.

It amazes me people think we can take on that kind of cap hit lol

10 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

It amazes me people think we can take on that kind of cap hit lol

These are the "cap doesn't exist" people. They think every year an infinite amount of money can be found anytime we want to without consequence.

The cap can be finessed. But it's a real thing. And eventually the bill comes due. We're seeing it right now by being 18+ over this year and it's the same thing next season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If we get him, I hope it goes well, but this thread could turn out to be one page for every 5 yards he gets with us... (800 yards / 150 pages).

Quite the investment for not a spectacular return, in terms of fan capital. Again, I hope I'm wrong and if we get him he tops 1000 yards. But at his age and with his history, I'm not sure.

19 hours ago, NoSaint said:

the red flag on slowing down is getting popped for performance enhancers 

I’m a big fan of his play but he’s a big question mark going forward in his 30s and being tested frequently 

i forget what it was exactly, but i remember it was a peptide related to healing much more than any performance enhancer.  it really doesnt overly concern me as something hed pop for again.

silly that players get any pushback about taking things for injury.  the whole league should be on low dose growth for longevity and recovery.  growth hormone isnt 'cheating', its not making anyone faster, stronger twitchier. just helps nagging injuries, improves their quality of play, and quality of the product on field. in 10years everyone will be laughing that this was ever a thing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.