Draft Prospects with Private Meetings with the Bills

MAJBobby

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Hooters of course.

Or maybe they decided to go a bit more international:  the Sundowner (if it still exists), the current iteration of what was King Edddie's/Maxines, etc.  I've never had the food at any of these places, and I'm not sure if they even serve food, but does it really even matter?  In other markets, these places often have buffet lunches, prime rib specials, etc. (and I've never eaten at any of them either).

But back to the topic at hand, I have no issue with drafting a RB in the later rounds, particularly if the guy has talent.  Damien Harris is only on a 1 year deal and Hines has 2 years left but I assume the 2nd one could be voided.  You need to have a pipeline of young talent.

2 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Or maybe they decided to go a bit more international:  the Sundowner (if it still exists), the current iteration of what was King Edddie's/Maxines, etc.  I've never had the food at any of these places, and I'm not sure if they even serve food, but does it really even matter?  In other markets, these places often have buffet lunches, prime rib specials, etc. (and I've never eaten at any of them either).

But back to the topic at hand, I have no issue with drafting a RB in the later rounds, particularly if the guy has talent.  Damien Harris is only on a 1 year deal and Hines has 2 years left but I assume the 2nd one could be voided.  You need to have a pipeline of young talent.

I guess… RB is a spot you can plug and play.   Not sure why we need a guy to learn for a year behind Cook, Harris and Hines. 

22 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If the Bills draft an RB in the later rounds, it may mean Hines is not playing in 2024.

Only thing that makes sense to me too. Due diligence never does harm. Plus they build rapport with guys for down the road like this.  Its a good practice in general

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2023 at 5:41 PM, Captain_Quint said:

Dave & Busters

This is what I'm thinking too. DL? WR? OL? Nah.....let's wine and dine another RB

Where is his draft projection for?

I don’t see them picking a RB with a 1st or 2nd unless they are trading Cook for a 2nd.

could cook be used much more as a slot receiver?

On 3/24/2023 at 12:09 PM, msw2112 said:

Or maybe they decided to go a bit more international:  the Sundowner (if it still exists), the current iteration of what was King Edddie's/Maxines, etc. 

Not a peeler bar left in Fort Erie.  Sundowner might be the only one left in NFO.

On 3/24/2023 at 7:16 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

You could have stopped here. If we get this, we are in great shape. The rest don't even matter. 

Am I the only one here who doesn’t look at trading draft picks, then finding $19.45M to pay a 31 1/2 yr old WR who has played 19 out of 34 games in the last 2 years as an unmitigated Great Idea?

In the 2020 offseason, when Nuk was traded, I was bereft that he wasn’t traded to us.  I viewed Diggs as a talented player and Hopkins as All World

But That was Then, This is Now

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Am I the only one here who doesn’t look at trading draft picks, then finding $19.45M to pay a 31 1/2 yr old WR who has played 19 out of 34 games in the last 2 years as an unmitigated Great Idea?

In the 2020 offseason, when Nuk was traded, I was bereft that he wasn’t traded to us.  I viewed Diggs as a talented player and Hopkins as All World

But That was Then, This is Now

Maybe. I like it. 

They need a really difference making weapon, otherwise it is all for naight. It isn’t Davis, and outside of Johnston or Smith-Nijima who are probably out of reach, it isn’t in the draft either. 

It’s a go for it move for a guy who has had a couple of injuries, he also played with a terrible QB and for a college head coach who was in over his head. Hopkins had some hammy stuff, which we don’t see a lot of in Buffalo and an MCL. The Cards are an embarrassing mess from top to bottom. I think we have a much better training staff. Is it a risk, sure, but I think its worth taking at this point. A mid round pick in a very weak draft for an all pro receiver? I do that deal any day. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.