Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I’m ignoring teams that have bad records and get compensatory picks. I am interested in the good teams that qualify for them and continually maintain winning records. NE* is somewhat down now, but I include them for the early 2020s as representative of the tail end of over a decade of success. Imo, Baltimore, Kansas City, and San Francisco are able to accomplish the feat because they consistently draft well. Beane is not at their level.

2020:  NE got 2 third rounders and 2 sixth rounders. Seattle got a third, a fourth, and a sixth. Baltimore got a third and a fourth.

2021:  NE got a third and a fourth. Dallas got a third and a sixth. San Francisco got a third and a fifth. The Rams got two thirds and a fourth. Baltimore got a third and a fifth. Kansas City got a fourth and a fifth.

2022:  Baltimore got a third and a fourth, San Francisco got two thirds, two sixths, and a seventh, Kansas City got a third and a seventh, LA Rams got a third, a fourth, and two sixths.

2023:  San Francisco got three thirds and a fifth, Kansas City got a third, a sixth, and a seventh.

Truly appreciate doing all this leg work. 🙏

We're already a much more successful team than most on that list outside of KC (maybe Rams since they won a SB in there, but as even they would tell you: "Eff them picks"), so I dont see Comp Picks being the key to putting teams over the top. Or even the reason for keeping these teams good.

Kinda worthwhile, and a nice bonus? Sure.

Worth crafting your entire offseason plan and FA signings around? Absolutely not. IMO.

Valid reason for fans to be picking up their torches and pitchforks? Absolutely not. IMO.

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

oh really? Did Zach Moss have 15 TDs in 2021?

Was Zach Moss ranked as the #2 RB in 2020 and 2021?

Give me a break!! 

Hey people here B**CH about how we need to fire a winning coach & his staff why can't i B**CH about a RB that's the same stature as ever one they've had .

If he proves me wrong i'll be the first to say i was wrong but to this point he hasn't so i will wait to see & like the other fans here will print some of my foolish thoughts to give you something to complain about too . 

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

That's not what you said. 

You said that Singletary is a better back because his YPC was higher. I mean you want to talk nonsense, jeez. 

You can debate and argue with whoever you want but you really need to back off on the disrespectful language to posters like Kirby.

39 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Harris helps change our offensive identity. We'll have a smash mouth side to us now. We just need a road grader G on the right side to pair with Spencer Brown

Smash Mouth AND Road Grader in one post ? If you throw in Thumper and Speed Burner, I have a Mel Kiper Bingo!

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Truly appreciate doing all this leg work. 🙏

We're already a much more successful team than most on that list outside of KC (maybe Rams since they won a SB in there, but as even they would tell you: "Eff them picks"), so I dont see Comp Picks being the key to putting teams over the top. Or even the reason for keeping these teams good.

Kinda worthwhile, and a nice bonus? Sure.

Worth crafting your entire offseason plan and FA signings around? Absolutely not. IMO.

Valid reason for fans to be picking up their torches and pitchforks? Absolutely not. IMO.

Well, I agree, but I don't think I said anything with that connotation, though no doubt there are those who hold that sentiment. In my view, Beane is a good GM, but he could be better and he may become better. In general, as I stated before, my main criticism is that I think he over values "filling all the holes." It's not a bad thing, but I think he should shift his criteria somewhat in favor of hitting on difference makers. I also believe in today's NFL, you shouldn't ignore the defense, but I would pitch the balance over towards the offense, especially when you have a generational talent like Josh Allen at qb. I'm pretty sure @Kirby Jackson and @GunnerBill will agree with me on this, among others, though I could be mistaken.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BruceVilanch said:

They don't even remotely do the same thing, and Harris has actually produced at a high level multiple years.

Well that's a good thing then i hope he proves me wrong in every aspect of my reply and shows how stupid i was for posting it like McD shows how stupid it is for those that call for his needing to be fired .

It won't be the first time or the last time I've been wrong that's for sure & if i am i will be the first to say so .

12 minutes ago, T master said:

YAY !!! Another RB under 6' tall & just a little over 200 lbs ... Moss 2.0 .

Because weight and height exclusively decide the effectiveness of an RB. 

This is a braindead take. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

I just heard about this signing and came here to see what the discussion was like.

25 pages. Bills fans never cease to amaze me.

Looking over Harris' career, I see that in 2021, he had 15 rushing TDs! When was the last time a Bills running back had 15 rushing TDs in a season. Anyone? I legitimately have no idea.

If Harris does nothing else but replace some of those Josh Allen short yardage and red zone carries and add health and mileage to our franchise QB, he was a good signing.

Rushing td’s from the red zone are more on the play call and the OL than the RB.If Harris has 15 td’s for the Bills I would bet it means Allen got injured. We are not a line up qb under center hand off to the rb team. Even in the red zone we are still going shotgun. That is not the system Harris has been used in. 

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It does matter. We're talking about a free top 100 pick. Signing an injury ridden RB with a limited skill set to a one year deal is not worth losing that pick. We could have signed Elliott to play the same role, or just drafted one on day three like most teams do for that skill set.

Even if you're correct that we would have had to spend that 3rd round pick on a RB (although I will mention this obviously isn't inherently true), there's a big difference between a cost controlled RB on a multi-year rookie contract and a veteran on a one year contract.

Let's be real. A one season rental of almost any RB is not worth a 3rd round pick. It's arguable that not a single RB is worth that trade off. For Damien Harris the suggestion is laughable.

I hear what you're saying, but it gives Allen a chance. The rest of the football world knows he needs help but they don't want to look like they are giving up on their 2nd round bust. Gives me hope as a fan and whatever the price it had to happen or you know they'll only go as far til Allen runs out of gas.

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just heard about this signing and came here to see what the discussion was like.

25 pages. Bills fans never cease to amaze me.

Looking over Harris' career, I see that in 2021, he had 15 rushing TDs! When was the last time a Bills running back had 15 rushing TDs in a season. Anyone? I legitimately have no idea.

If Harris does nothing else but replace some of those Josh Allen short yardage and red zone carries and add health and mileage to our franchise QB, he was a good signing. 

I hope it winds up being Cook and Hines deployed as an interchangeable, explosive, and diverse top two, with Harris seeing mostly pass blocking, short yardage, and red zone work.

I don’t disagree. He is a fine short yardage option. Harris is an okay back but don’t want people to think that he is some star. He hasn’t been. He’s Jamal Williams without receiving skills and an injury history. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Bruffalo said:

Because weight and height exclusively decide the effectiveness of an RB. 

This is a braindead take. 

Well then you can put this in the category with all of those that call for McD & Beane to be fired . 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree. He is a fine short yardage option. Harris is an okay back but don’t want people to think that he is some star. He hasn’t been. He’s Jamal Williams without receiving skills and an injury history. 

I'll take him trying into a pile vs Josh trying to jump over it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.