Darren Waller Traded Due Wedding Details Leaked

aristocrat

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

The Browns have had multiple HC interviews with McDaniels - on two different occasions. Even they passed. Twice. 

A broken clock is right twice in a day.

55 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not every Belichick disciple is a genius...😁

It is harder to get a PHD in cheating than winning a football game.

Liar-Liar.png

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

So how does a player being upset with a head coach ( and in this case it seems pretty petty, I didn’t read the article but what is so terrible about letting that slip out unless Waller was worried she might say no and he would be embarrassed, or it would interfere with Waller still being a “player”  off the field too if news got out he was no longer a “free agent” ! Lol !)  dictate what they would accept in a trade for him?  If he is so pissed he is threatening to sit out etc, then let him do it rather than get ripped off in a trade. If he IS actually getting married , those bills will start rolling in as his fiancé, I am sure , expects a certain NFL life style ( no one marries just because they love someone , right?😂). The pressure on Waller would keep mounting , as she would prob be withholding certain assets as well, and seems to me he would eventually cave and play!  Guess i need to read about it , but how does the “player” have any control or leverage in this situation, enough so to influence trade value?  

Someone is “ whipped” in this scenario , and I’m not sure who is really the “ whipee” , Waller or McDaniels !  one thing seems sure, Daboll didn’t get his  COTY award by being the guy whipped , and is starting his second year being “ dominant” in improving his roster!  😁 Good for Dabs;  no wonder he is always smiling and laughing. I bet he was miserable at times under Mr always so serious , Mr never say anything that could give an edge to the opponent, Mr process himself , but #1 in our hearts , coach McD !  

Perhaps they eloped and some of his family didn't know he'd got married?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/darren-waller-upset-josh-mcdaniels-revealing-wedding-plans-kelsey-plum/

BOSTON -- Perhaps the biggest move in the NFL on Tuesday was not a free-agent signing but rather a trade, as the Raiders sent star tight end Darren Waller to the New York Giants.

The Raiders are receiving only a third-round pick for Waller, who's under contract for the next four seasons. For a player who was a Pro Bowler in 2020, that's an awfully low return.

But one tidbit about the deal might help explain why the Raiders were willing to execute the trade.

According to The Athletic's Vic Tafur, Waller had gotten upset with Raiders head coach Josh McDaniels for accidentally telling the media that Waller was getting married.

Josh just can't get out of his own way. 

Waller didn't want his side piece to know?

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Perhaps they eloped and some of his family didn't know he'd got married?

Still doesn’t explain how giving him away to the giants resolves anything in the NFL where what players think or want rarely matters!   Lol!  This is a new twist!  

Considering the diva-ness of today's NFL players, it's not surprising that Waller would want to be traded.  Probably Josh's announcement put a crimp in Waller's dating.  

What's surprising is that the Raiders didn't try to get more value.  I can see the Bills giving up a third for him -- he's a true weapon and could be used alongside Knox, Diggs, and whoever WR2 turns out to be.  

8 hours ago, aristocrat said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/darren-waller-upset-josh-mcdaniels-revealing-wedding-plans-kelsey-plum/

BOSTON -- Perhaps the biggest move in the NFL on Tuesday was not a free-agent signing but rather a trade, as the Raiders sent star tight end Darren Waller to the New York Giants.

The Raiders are receiving only a third-round pick for Waller, who's under contract for the next four seasons. For a player who was a Pro Bowler in 2020, that's an awfully low return.

But one tidbit about the deal might help explain why the Raiders were willing to execute the trade.

According to The Athletic's Vic Tafur, Waller had gotten upset with Raiders head coach Josh McDaniels for accidentally telling the media that Waller was getting married.

Imagine believing this is the reason 🤣 

9 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

It would be weird if this had anything to do with the trade. I wouldn’t think Waller would want to leave Las Vegas since his new wife plays there too.

and if McDaniels decided to trade Waller because McDaniels himself slipped up and told the press about waller’s wedding, I’m not even sure what to make of that. It would be a very odd reason, and would make me think McDaniels is about as thin skinned as you can be…

From the story:   "Tafur didn't specify that the spat between Waller and McDaniels was the primary reason for the trade, but he noted that the timing was 'interesting.'"

10 hours ago, aristocrat said:

This makes zero sense.  If the guy is upset with the HC, they need to "work it out as men", as the popular NFL player saying goes.  And whether or not Waller was upset with the coach, he married a woman who is playing for a Las Vegas sports team, you'd think he'd want to stay there.

But that was a horrible deal from the Raiders perspective.  If it was made because Waller got mad at McDaniel and he retaliated, all the worse.

Edited by Beck Water

9 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I think its refreshing that McDaniels is sort of old school.  Doesn't give a flip about his players feelings.  Modern players in all sports seem so coddled now.  These guys get paid big money.  Toughen up.  Act like men.  Who cares if the coach said a player is getting married.  That should not be secretive.  

Regardless, I doubt that's why he got traded.  Dude is injured more then he plays.  Make him the Giants problem.  Playing in the cold of the Meadowlands, Waller will continue to be injured.

Except he’s a little d bag who hasn’t proven thing except that he got to be OC for the best qb/ coach ever.

this is why players should get every cent they can. And JM backed out last minute from the Colts. And made a playoff team in LV worse. Maybe he should toughen up. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Giants got lucky - they stumbled into this situation and pulled the trigger. They may very well get a couple of good years out of him

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Giants got lucky - they stumbled into this situation and pulled the trigger. They may very well get a couple of good years out of him

I'm sure he was offered-up to many teams in a trade.  Time will tell if he gets back to where he was or continues to decline. 

1 hour ago, Free Speech said:

McDaniels has a bit of a Don Jr. vibe about him

Thinks he hit a triple when he was born on 3rd base. 

but man, he won with Tom Brady!!!

7 hours ago, Utah John said:

Considering the diva-ness of today's NFL players, it's not surprising that Waller would want to be traded.  Probably Josh's announcement put a crimp in Waller's dating.  

What's surprising is that the Raiders didn't try to get more value.  I can see the Bills giving up a third for him -- he's a true weapon and could be used alongside Knox, Diggs, and whoever WR2 turns out to be.  

Yup, the player is the diva and not the coach who pulled out of a contract with the colts at the last minute. 

Imagine riding with Little Josh 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.