Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Good luck to him. It'll probably be nice having a fat contract on a team that is unlikely to be competitive. 

Why wouldn’t they be competitive? 
They just added DJ Moore, and now have 70 million to spend in free agency which they are investing quite well. Add in all the draft picks, they should be able to hang in the NFC 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

Buh bye...

That's ridiculous...

I been saying,  we'll get a replacement for half that and see little to no drop off. 

Playing with Milano , who'll be a Captain next year , really benefited Edmunds and he was still too inconsistent and I was a big Edmunds fan but that $ is ridiculous and we could potentially get better play for half price

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

He’s started 15 games in the NFL and grades out well, particularly in pass protection. This is a typical BB move. Young player (25) with best play ahead of him. See Hyde and Poyer. Seems to be very strong move. 

It’s one of those signings where he gets a little more than he’s worth now with the hope that he’ll live up to or outperform the contract.

It’s probably better to operate that way in free agency then to overpay for an average starter but there is risk he can’t handle it. 

Basically Beane’s hoping he can be a consistently average player like a Risner at a cheaper price. They could’ve just signed Risner and know what they’re getting.

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Why wouldn’t they be competitive? 
They just added DJ Moore, and now have 70 million to spend in free agency which they are investing quite well. Add in all the draft picks, they should be able to hang in the NFC 

All of this is subjective, but I don't think Fields will take a step forward and I don't like their coach.  DJ Moore is a great WR but he's not a gamechanger like AJ Brown or Hill was last season.   

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Lavonte David for 2 yrs will be a better deal for us short term while we groom another LB 

I could to this. Wait and see what you see from Spector. I don’t think there will be that big of a drop from Edmunds to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s one of those signings where he gets a little more than he’s worth now with the hope that he’ll live up to or outperform the contract.

It’s probably better to operate that way in free agency then to overpay for an average starter but there is risk he can’t handle it. 

Basically Beane’s hoping he can be a consistently average player like a Risner at a cheaper price. They could’ve just signed Risner and know what they’re getting.

Fair point. Risner was on the radar as well as Powers. Powers was bit pricey and Risner while more proven also may have been too $$$. It’s certainly a bit of risk. Maybe this year our OL guru will develop these guys 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I like Edmunds. Solid LBer

not worth that check and Bills cannot afford to get there. But I think he is what he is at this point. 

I expect more than 'solid' for $18M per. Good luck, Maine...good luck Chicago.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

Fair point. Risner was on the radar as well as Powers. Powers was bit pricey and Risner while more proven also may have been too $$$. It’s certainly a bit of risk. Maybe this year our OL guru will develop these guys 🤷🏻‍♂️

Risner still unsigned. Just saying. 

Just now, ExWNYer said:

I expect more than 'solid' for $18M per. Good luck, Maine...good luck Chicago.

Yep. Would have liked to keep him. His value is more close to 13 a year 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Right and are you suggesting they were not good signings? It’s the BB approach to sign players young on the upswing? And your sure it won’t work because why ???

Because BB’s track with OL is awful. It’s the exact opposite when it comes to the secondary.  I’m not sure but if the guy came that cheap, I’d young and versatile the Cowboys would’ve found a way to keep him. 

Just now, Bruffalo said:

All of this is subjective, but I don't think Fields will take a step forward and I don't like their coach.  DJ Moore is a great WR but he's not a gamechanger like AJ Brown or Hill was last season.   

I can’t accept that… Lol only cause I’m a big DJ Moore fan. 
This is fields year to take the next step or probably never make it. 
They’ll have a solid run game, Moore, Claypool, Mooney and Kmet is a pretty solid set of weapons. If fields can get the ball to them guys they could be pretty good. I can’t defend the coach stuff though, took them 6-7 games last year to even move fields out of the pocket. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.