Bears to trade #1 overall pick to Panthers

Draconator

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There is always that guy who simply can't understand the basic math.   Any pick # that you didn't own before is compensation for the one or one's you traded them for.

And there's always that guy that can't comprehend math trying to tell it to others.  2 minus 1 is 1. 

Edited by White Linen
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Unless it is Zach Wilson 2.0. 

Obviously, nothing is guaranteed.  They do have the pick of the litter, and if they did their scouting right, that puts them in the best position to avoid that happening.  

25 minutes ago, Utah John said:

With the Panthers now a little light on draft picks, maybe they'll be interested in shopping some established player for a mid-rounder.  Do they have any O linemen worth a look?

Not particularly. Moton & Ekwonu are the only decent O Linemen they have who are worth anything IMO. They are not going to trade either for 3-5 rounders. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Tepper was desperate.

Carolina gave away a lot for a so so QB.

None of this class of QBs are likely franchise. Perhaps serviceable to good is likely their landing spot.

I think the Bears did well. Their fans have to be happy. 

18 minutes ago, White Linen said:

And there's always that guy that can't comprehend math trying to tell it to others.  2 minus 1 is 1. 

It's telling that you had to edit that. 😂

So if the Bills traded Josh Allen for Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry all they got in trade was Derrick Henry?

The #1 overall pick and #9 pick have very different values...........that's not an exchange of equal value, obviously.  

This is why there are trade value charts. 

• Like (+1) 1

A poster on the Carolina forum who claims to have inside knowledge of the organization said the pick is down to either Stroud or Levis.

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/182902-we’re-trading-for-1-pick/?do=findComment&comment=6098357

"MillionDollarCam

A friend of mine who has a source in the organization said it’s down to Stroud or Levis but a decision has not been made yet. 

Was also told that there isn’t a decision on how WR will be addressed yet but that the team does trust Terrace Marshall’s development. 

Take that for what it’s worth."

It's gotta be CJ Stroud. What nfl GM would make a move like that for a 180 lb 5'10" QB? Can't believe they would do this for Levis either.
If Richardson has the ability to process or if that ability is there to be developed he will be a lot better than all these other guys. 

Edited by starrymessenger

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Same.  If I’m the colts, I’d take Stroud. I like young but I wouldn’t risk the franchise future on a QB his size.

Some of you guys would really take Richardson #1 overall?   I mean, I love the god given talent but I’d rather draft LeBron James and teach him how to play QB.  Richardson might be a slightly better runner

You don’t think Richardson has potential to be a good passer? I’m shocked! There’s only one way to handle this, I challenge you to a saxophone battle!

bill clinton saxophone GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.