Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

Just now, Goin Breakdown said:

I see your point (especially about close games) but I'm talking about those teams being built to beat buffalo. The division is tough and most likely will be even more tough next year. If tua was playing, Miami's record would have been better. If jets had a better Qb theirs would be too. I get it..I am talking what ifs but the fact is and we all have eyes to see that our division is getting better, tougher , closing in ( however we want to say it). Go Bills!

I see it as we won our division by a bigger margin than any other team while losing Hyde after game 2, Poyer wasn't the same after the hit he took in week 4, Tre missing a ton of games and never getting anywhere close to 100%,  Von tearing his acl and Allen's elbow injury. We payed our dues to the injury Gods. I don't see that happening again this year either.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But it didn't translate into their overall record, which is the most important thing. The division isn't closing fast, I just provided proof of it. We won our division by more games than any team in football this year. Close games don't count in the standings, only wins and losses. With overall record having the highest importance.

They were 4.5 games ahead of the Dolphins and 6.5 games ahead of the Jets at the end of the year. Provided we only played 16 games and they're as good as you're saying, I would say that's down right impressive what they did. I don't see either team making up that much ground in a year.

And the Bills lost to each of those teams last season and barely beat the Dolphins in the playoffs with a 3rd string QB. The difference between the rosters is not much and Rodgers closes the gap. 

Now that of course does not mean the Bills can't get better. A better oline and a better WR group and the Bills will be an even better team next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yea but Diggs towers over all the Jet's WR's and gives the Bills a decided advantage in this position group.

IMO the Jet's are going to mortgage the future bringing in Rogers.  The Jet's roster and coaching staff are not on the cusp of winning a SB if they get QB right. They would be better off bringing in Jimmy G and continue to build their roster through the draft.  Just my opinion but I can honestly say that as a Bills fan I hope the Jets bring in Rogers.

Wilson is a lot better than you guys are giving him credit for.  I’m going to say this right now, if Rodgers becomes a Jet, Wilson will be at least a 1300+ yard receiver next year with 8+ TDs.  

While it’s easy to say there is this huge gap today after Wilson was a rookie playing with inept QBs, what he will be next year with Rodgers is a totally different story.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Obviously it was for the Rams and the Broncos with Peyton Manning. 

Obviously, but the person I was responding to said he didn't think it was enough to win it all, but it was enough to make the playoffs. To me, that's not worth the cap hit or whatever they'll have to trade away in order to get him.

1 hour ago, McBean said:

QB trumps everything in the NFL.

This would be the best roster Rodgers has had maybe ever from a talent perspective.

Sky is falling for the Bills.

Said it after 2021 season, saying it now, and will say it this time next year when we don’t win another Super Bowl.  

We have a bad HC that’s wasting a generational talent in Josh Allen. He refuses to build around him and it’s showing.

Until McDermott is gone and we can get a bright offensive minded coach in here, we aren’t winning a Super Bowl. Put the crack pipe down…hope I’m wrong.

A bright offensive minded HC like Robert Saleh?  Maybe the OC is your guy, Nathaniel Hackett?

The Jets have negative cap space and Rodgers carries a tremendous cap number.  They would have to cut some really good players to fit him in.

The sky is falling for you but that is par for the course.  Is the sky falling for the other 31 teams that didn't win the super bowl?

Calling McD a bad coach is laughable especially when compared to Saleh.  Saleh has an 11-23 record as a HC.  For perspective, the Bills have won more than 11 games in each of the last 3 seasons.  Even better the Bills have lost 18 games total over the last 4 seasons.  Saleh has proven nothing as a HC thus far.

Rodgers no doubt makes the Jets a better team how much better remains to be seen.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What was the difference in the number of wins the Bills had between Allen's first and third year. QB play is almost all that matters in NFL. If the Jets get better QB play it could mean a 6 or 7 game improvement. Remember this team beat the Bills once last year already and it took a nearly dead Mike White to lose in Buffalo. 

Rodgers to Jets would be awful for Bills

That's bull and you know it. Year 1 of Allen, team is in cap hell with 33% of our cap gone to dead cap hits vs the spending to acquire the talent on our 2020 squad. Far different circumstances.

4 or 5 game max. I don't see them winning more than 11 or 12 games this year and that's only IF they do acquire Mr. Rodgers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, McBean said:

Rodgers comes to New York and McClap will be exposed.

The years of the propped up record due to terrible QB's in the East since Brady left will finally rear its ugly head.

Won't be good for us if he goes there. Jets are loaded with talent...have more than us sadly.

uh, you do know they beat us last year with one of the worst NFL quarterbacks in history right?

if thats the argument then im ok with that as well. s*** or get off the pot. i think were above average, not elite, but am ok w/ either taking the next step or being exposed. i dont want to be stuck in divisional round purgatory. a tougher division could sharpen

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, nucci said:

stop saying mortgaging the future!

Fine. Let's call it trading away future assets and long-term sustainability for a desperate attempt at a ring next year.

Better?

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

And the Bills lost to each of those teams last season and barely beat the Dolphins in the playoffs with a 3rd string QB. The difference between the rosters is not much and Rodgers closes the gap. 

Now that of course does not mean the Bills can't get better. A better oline and a better WR group and the Bills will be an even better team next season. 

Yup, with what 4 of our 5 best defenders not playing or playing far less than 100% and our QB with a bad elbow injury and probably shouldn't even have been playing for a stretch. The Hamlin injury.  Yes that's all going to repeat itself this year also. Still won our division by more games than any other team did. Combined the Dolphins and the Jets lost 13 other last 14 games with the only win being a 11-6 fg fest in which the Dolphins were playing the Jets, so someone had to win that one.

Looks like the Giants and Jones have reached an agreement.

Jordan Schultz on Twitter: "Breaking: Daniel Jones and the #Giants are finalizing a four-year contract extension, sources tell @theScore. Jones guided the G-Men to their first playoff win in 11 years while compiling 22 total TDs and only 5 INTs. https://t.co/tnOGR36gqy" / Twitter

• Vomit 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Wilson is a lot better than you guys are giving him credit for.  I’m going to say this right now, if Rodgers becomes a Jet, Wilson will be at least a 1300+ yard receiver next year with 8+ TDs.  

While it’s easy to say there is this huge gap today after Wilson was a rookie playing with inept QBs, what he will be next year with Rodgers is a totally different story.  

I agree that Diggs is not uncatchable here. 

The Jets don’t have a great group behind him though, as I don’t think any of Mims, Corey Davis or Moore are better than Gabe Davis. 

Bills have an opportunity here to to increase the talent gap on the Jets at WR. 

Are they getting motivated Aaron Rodgers? Or skip offseason workouts to drink ayahuasca Aaron Rodgers? The Packers offense didn't have a lot of talent last year but Rodgers was part of the problem too. It's an upgrade for the Jets either way but I'm not sure it's as big an upgrade as most people think.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Every season is different, that's the thing just because X happened last year means it's going to happen again the next. 

12 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Jets don’t have a great group behind him though, as I don’t think any of Mims, Corey Davis or Moore are better than Gabe Davis. 

But I heard on this board Diggs is forcing his way to Dallas :nana:

5 hours ago, Airseven said:

Adding a hall of fame QB to a young, talented roster is not desperation. It’s perhaps a final piece.

Yes, they still have to get through the Chiefs. But everyone else would have to get through the Jets.

Two years ago you where a Pats fan…last year after Hill you where a Dolphins fan…now you’re a Jets fan and still posting on a Bills board…do you just change depending on who has a better off season? 

• Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Moore is good. They just haven’t had the QB play to demonstrate it. Davis sucked last season. I thought he was a good add but he had a lot of bad drops and injuries(not all that different from Gabe here).

And yes the Bills can close the gap there and with the other teams in the conference. Amazingly, I’m still skeptical they will prioritize the position. 

Yeah, Elijah Moore is actually pretty good, and to be honest, I am not sold that Davis is better than Moore at this stage.  Davis has more production, but that is from playing with an elite QB in a high volume offense.  But Davis has still underachieved this past year as a starter, and I think it's very plausible Moore is capable of putting up a similar season or better with Josh Allen here.  

I think its fair to say Gave is better than Corey Davis and Mims though.  Corey had some injuries and dealt with bad QB play, but I think he is capable of being a solid player still, but Gabe definitely has more upside at this point.  Mims sucks, he may not even make the roster there this year.  

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, Elijah Moore is actually pretty good, and to be honest, I am not sold that Davis is better than Moore at this stage.  Davis has more production, but that is from playing with an elite QB in a high volume offense.  But Davis has still underachieved this past year as a starter, and I think it's very plausible Moore is capable of putting up a similar season or better with Josh Allen here.  

I think its fair to say Gave is better than Corey Davis and Mims though.  Corey had some injuries and dealt with bad QB play, but I think he is capable of being a solid player still, but Gabe definitely has more upside at this point.  Mims sucks, he may not even make the roster there this year.  

Gabe Davis is arguably the biggest disappointment from last season especially after his incredible success in the playoffs and all his drops this year.  Saw many videos of his strenuous workouts so the drop-off apparently wasn't due to a lack of effort/preparation.

• Agree 2