Daniel Jones wants more than $45M per year on new deal

billsbackto81

27 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

won't need it.

Daniel Jones is an ascending player whose best years are ahead of him. Giants will prioritize WR (1st round pick?) this offseason. Better WRs = better stats.

He will at least play out the full length of this deal, and probably will be extended AGAIN.

Jones is here to stay. 

He's the Franchise QB of the NYG for likely the next decade.

I don't see it.  But time will tell.

17 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

2 words: Motivational ploy

Hint - It worked

Homey cashed in. Good for him. You're delusional though and the Giants are in this spot because they didn't trust Daniel Jones enough to exercise his 5th year option for like $20M. Now they have to pay him double. But, that was all part of their master plan huh?

Arrested Development Flirt GIF

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

Was that because of physical deficiencies or he was getting beat scheme wise because better defenses scheme better?

He already made a huge leap it sounds like scheme wise under dabol. 

Oh I don’t think it’s scheme I just think he can’t read a defense with a pulse 

2 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

won't need it.

Daniel Jones is an ascending player whose best years are ahead of him. Giants will prioritize WR (1st round pick?) this offseason. Better WRs = better stats.

He will at least play out the full length of this deal, and probably will be extended AGAIN.

Jones is here to stay. 

Ok then 👍👍

2 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

won't need it.

Jones is here to stay. 

you are true a believer! I have my serious doubts, but i guess we will see! 

4 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

won't need it.

Jones is here to stay. 

Do you really believe Joe Ferguson I mean Daniel Jones is winning a Super Bowl? This is a panic move by a New York Giants team doubling down because they failed to take Josh Allen. The New York Football Giants are going back to the 1970’s days of failure. I will give them at least they won some Super Bowls which helps you never can take that away from them but the Giants are going towards hard times just like the New England Patriots. I don’t see the Giants beating the Philadelphia Eagles or the Dallas Cowboys with Daniel Jones they needed to go back to the NFL draft for a franchise QB in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Allen's contract is a steal...Jones getting paid this much is hilarious...all he is going to do is lead them to first round exits every year.

I agree he’s overpaid, but they just won a playoff game in the first year of rebuild and are still top 5 in cap space even after paying Jones and Barkley.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

"Honestly surprised by this. Thought for sure Daboll would draft a guy"

You don't follow the Giants so let me clue you in on something...

Brian Daboll took the Giants HC job in the 1st place BECAUSE of Daniel Jones. If Daniel Jones was not the QB of the NYG before the 2022 season began, Daboll would have never accepted the Giants HC job. Reality: Before the 2022 season even began, Daboll already loved Daniel Jones as a QB.

There was no way Daboll was going to let Daniel walk and draft a new QB. Daniel Jones was ALWAYS Daboll's QB of the future.

The Giants just signed him to a 4 year $160-$195 Mil extension...huh?

You think you know more about NFL QB play than Brian Daboll?

Do you not realize that Daboll...:

1) signed off on this deal. He WANTS Daniel as his long-term QB.

2) loved Daniel Jones before the 2022 season even began. He took the Giants HC job BECAUSE they had Daniel Jones as their QB.

I guess I missed that, 😂

14 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

"Honestly surprised by this. Thought for sure Daboll would draft a guy"

You don't follow the Giants so let me clue you in on something...

Brian Daboll took the Giants HC job in the 1st place BECAUSE of Daniel Jones. If Daniel Jones was not the QB of the NYG before the 2022 season began, Daboll would have never accepted the Giants HC job. Reality: Before the 2022 season even began, Daboll already loved Daniel Jones as a QB.

There was no way Daboll was going to let Daniel walk and draft a new QB. Daniel Jones was ALWAYS Daboll's QB of the future.

The Giants just signed him to a 4 year $160-$195 Mil extension...huh?

You think you know more about NFL QB play than Brian Daboll?

Do you not realize that Daboll...:

1) signed off on this deal. He WANTS Daniel as his long-term QB.

2) loved Daniel Jones before the 2022 season even began. He took the Giants HC job BECAUSE they had Daniel Jones as their QB.

And you don't seem to understand that even with all this, Jones was and always will be a JAG in this league.

• Disagree 1

There is something really wrong with a system that pays Jones and his 15 td passes in his “breakout” system $40/ year and Barkley $10.  Every other positional player should strike until we stop have a system of garbage qbs getting paid massive money. It’s embarrassing and insulting to every other position. 

18 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don’t either. 15 touchdown passes for 40 mil a year… 

Blows my mind

What blows my mind is that ANY athlete or entertainer makes more than $3 million per "year" (no athlete even works all year like us regular peasants). How we evolved to this point in our society is truly sad.

17 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Brian Daboll, who signed off on this Daniel Jones deal, disagrees with you.

Daboll knows more about Daniel Jones and NFL QB play than you do.

1) You're just going to purposely leave out Daniel's 708 rushing yards + 7 rushing TDs? It was a huge part of their Run/Pass-balanced offense.

2) You do realize that Brian Daboll signed off on this Daniel Jones deal, right? Daboll knows more about NFL QB play and Daniel than you do.

You are working OT to try and hope Jones into a franchise QB. Daboll probably views him as the safest choice to keep his job a few years into the future, as does the GM. Jones is a mid-tier at best QB in the NFL and no amount of hopium you try and add to him will change that.

They just paid him more than Josh Allen with the bonuses.  He is a long long long way from Allen.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Jones is already a Top 10 NFL QB / Franchise QB as we speak. 

#6 in Total QBR with the 32nd ranked WR corps.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Giants will likely use their 1st round pick on a #1 WR.

He's a mid-tier QB. You can play with numbers any way you want....if that's the case, guess you should get used to a lot of early playoff exits.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.