Daniel Jones wants more than $45M per year on new deal

billsbackto81

10 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/03/report-daniel-jones-wants-more-than-45-million-per-year/

Title says it all. I will be absolutely floored if he gets a deal even remotely close to this.

3205 yards

15 TDs 5 INTs

92.5 Rating

This is what constitutes 45 mil a year?

I thought D. Jackson's deal with the Browns was bonkers but at least he has a somewhat elite level body of work.

This is just posturing by his agent.  He’ll get $35 mil most likely and deal with it.

Let him walk.  He's an average QB who can run.  I'm sure you could get someone like Marcus Mariota for a fourth of the cost and would still pry produce similar results under Daboll.  I'd be aggressively trying to move up to get one of the top four QB's in this draft.  That way you get a QB on a rookie contract and can then aggressively build around him.

Edited by Doc Brown

Franchise Saquon, put an offer on the table, and say see if anyone else gives you more. They could always bring in Carr, Baker, Garoppolo, or Darnold and figure out what they want to do later. Carr would probably be more pricey and a longer term investment. Baker, Darnold, and Jimmy G could be shorter, bridge types. OR, Schoen and Daboll could make a play for Lamar if the Ravens don't use the exclusive Tag. That would be interesting. Either way, no one in their right mind is handing Daniel Jones $45M or more per season. The guy and his agent are delusional. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

They should just tag-and-trade Jones to the Jets or Raiders, then draft a qb. He's worth $20M per year at most.

I agree. Non-exclusive rights franchise tag is $32.4M. That is a done deal if I’m Schoen. I’d gladly take 2 firsts if a team wants to sign him away. And I’d listen to their other offers. 

• Agree 2

Brian Daboll is a winner. Cold blooded ice in veins winner. 

You watch. The G Men will tell this slap Dan Jones to go kick rocks and make a big move.

Bright future for G men and fans with Schoen and Daboll at the helm.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

This is just posturing by his agent.  He’ll get $35 mil most likely and deal with it.

Even better, it was a lie by his old agent to try to save face and make Jones look bad.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

my first thought was snarky  ...Yeah I want to be a 6" tall supermodel too but that doesn't men it is ever gonna happen.

Dude Does NOT lack self confidence. What he has is chutzph ......HE WISHES. 45 million dollars a year. Based off of What exactly??

😏

EDIT: Just read preceding post. That makes much more sense. Slimey media CHECK

Edited by muppy

14 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They should move on. He's a journeymen in the making. Daboll can get the same production from any middle of the road QB.

Yep.  Just sign Mariota to a $10m prove it deal + draft a QB high.   

Daboll can get more out of Mariota than he got out of Jones for 1/4 the money.   In fact, I'm not sure Mariota is done yet.  

10 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

When you’re one of 20 or so in the world able to play decent QB in the NFL, you get paid.

Probably be less than what he thinks he’s worth. Just hope he can make ends meet at a lesser salary.

Yeah I do not like this time of year, seeing guys, even low end guys, making ridiculous amounts of $$ to play a game.  

9 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Daboll got a very good season out of him. The problem with situations is that the Giants could do a lot worse if they didn't retain him. We have been surprised by QB deals for a while now. While $45mil is very high, he will get paid handsomely.

Not long ago, the Rams rode a middling QB to hoist the Lombardi. A Mahomes is an anamoly so teams shouldn't always keep dumping QBs looking for the next Mahomes. 

My guess is that the $45 mil is thrown out as a negotiation ploy, he will settle for something less, possibly back end loaded and will stay with the Giants

So if Stafford is a "middling QB", what does that make Jones?

Anyway,  Tyrod Taylor put up these numbers or better in Buffalo and everyone couldn't wait for him to go.  It took a 17 game season and a healthy Barkley for Jones to eek out 9 wins with backup numbers---getting the team's Point Diff up to a much healthier -6, lol.

I hope they pay him and are saddled with that decision for years.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Yeah I do not like this time of year, seeing guys, even low end guys, making ridiculous amounts of $$ to play a game.  

Sounds like jealousy.

The league makes a ton of money based on fan interest and popularity. That interest and popularity is directly due to the players. The players should get as much of that money as possible. Doesnt matter what anyone else thinks the job is actually worth.

The money the players get paid is already coming into the league, so it either goes to the players who are the ones with the talent, and putting in the work, and sacrificing their bodies. Or it lines the pockets of the already rich owners who are doing nothing.

I like this time of year because I'm happy for these dudes getting every penny they can out of the league.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.