Daniel Jones wants more than $45M per year on new deal

billsbackto81

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/03/report-daniel-jones-wants-more-than-45-million-per-year/

Title says it all. I will be absolutely floored if he gets a deal even remotely close to this.

3205 yards

15 TDs 5 INTs

92.5 Rating

This is what constitutes 45 mil a year?

I thought D. Jackson's deal with the Browns was bonkers but at least he has a somewhat elite level body of work.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 9

If I were the G-men I'd franchise him. No way I'd sign him multi-year at any price but I'd give him another year.  Giants are coming off a playoff year after a number of years of sucktitude and I'm not sure what the quick fix would be. I'd give him another year with Daboll - and from Schoen's perspective start the succession planning. If it's not needed -doubtful - even better.

• Agree 1

This is a huge topic here in NYC sports radio. Along with the Jets QB saga.

As Craig Carton has been saying,  he wants 3 mil per TD and the majority of radio guys and fans find it comical but they all want Jones back, just at a reasonable price

His rushing ability and lack of weapons is routinely mentioned.  He did have a brutal WR core and is a legit duel threat but 45 is just ridiculous 

It always feels good when they compare him to the most elite young QBs and Mahomes , Allen and Burrow are always mentioned.  Feels good to have our guy in that convo. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/03/report-daniel-jones-wants-more-than-45-million-per-year/

Title says it all. I will be absolutely floored if he gets a deal even remotely close to this.

3205 yards

15 TDs 5 INTs

92.5 Rating

This is what constitutes 45 mil a year?

I thought D. Jackson's deal with the Browns was bonkers but at least he has a somewhat elite level body of work.

Daboll got a very good season out of him. The problem with situations is that the Giants could do a lot worse if they didn't retain him. We have been surprised by QB deals for a while now. While $45mil is very high, he will get paid handsomely.

Not long ago, the Rams rode a middling QB to hoist the Lombardi. A Mahomes is an anamoly so teams shouldn't always keep dumping QBs looking for the next Mahomes. 

My guess is that the $45 mil is thrown out as a negotiation ploy, he will settle for something less, possibly back end loaded and will stay with the Giants

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.