Daniel Jones wants more than $45M per year on new deal

billsbackto81

42 minutes ago, muppy said:

my first thought was snarky  ...Yeah I want to be a 6" tall supermodel too but that doesn't men it is ever gonna happen.

Dude Does NOT lack self confidence. What he has is chutzph ......HE WISHES. 45 million dollars a year. Based off of What exactly??

😏

EDIT: Just read preceding post. That makes much more sense. Slimey media CHECK

Based on the going rate for a starting QB in the NFL.

The reason he would ask for a lot of money (whether that is $45M, $35M, whatever) isnt because he's comparing himself with the other top QBs. It's because he's comparing himself with the rest of the 7billion people on Earth and realizing that even if you rank him in the bottom 1/4 of the league, that means there are only 24 people on the entire planet capable of doing his job better than him. And there are really only about 50 people TOTAL in the entire world capable of doing this job at all at the present moment.

ALL of these players should show up to the negotiation table asking for a ridiculous amount of money. Because the league literally has billions of dollars.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

One on hand I think his play picked up this year, and I think it improves next year.

On the other hand, how much of that is Daboll? A "boost" he could apply to a rookie or FA?

On the third hand, 45m lol I think it's posturing. I think 30m isn't unreasonable in this market, would feel high this year, and aight within 2 years, maybe even slight bargain.

If I was NY and liked him I'm drawing a hard line at 30m and if he won't meet it, welcome the opportunity to draft a guy

On 3/3/2023 at 9:12 PM, SinceThe70s said:

If I were the G-men I'd franchise him. No way I'd sign him multi-year at any price but I'd give him another year.  Giants are coming off a playoff year after a number of years of sucktitude and I'm not sure what the quick fix would be. I'd give him another year with Daboll - and from Schoen's perspective start the succession planning. If it's not needed -doubtful - even better.

I would let Jones walk and sign Carr and draft a qb in the 2nd 

7 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I would let Jones walk and sign Carr and draft a qb in the 2nd 

Carr wouldn't want to play with that collection of bums at WR and TE.

4 hours ago, ALF said:

APR 28 2022 New York (NYG) declined a $22.3 million 5th year option for 2023 ,   oops

Yeah but can you blame them?

23 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Based on the going rate for a starting QB in the NFL.

The reason he would ask for a lot of money (whether that is $45M, $35M, whatever) isnt because he's comparing himself with the other top QBs. It's because he's comparing himself with the rest of the 7billion people on Earth and realizing that even if you rank him in the bottom 1/4 of the league, that means there are only 24 people on the entire planet capable of doing his job better than him. And there are really only about 50 people TOTAL in the entire world capable of doing this job at all at the present moment.

ALL of these players should show up to the negotiation table asking for a ridiculous amount of money. Because the league literally has billions of dollars.

Well that's not even true.  49ers 4th string QB is better than Jones.

I'm convinced that, after one year of coaching and being on a roster, there are at least 10,00 humans with the athletic talent and intelligence to become a better QB than Daniel Jones is right now.

He's a bum--just one more Barkley ACL tear away from being Mike Glennon...

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Honestly surprised by this. Thought for sure daboll would draft a guy

A mediocre QB for the entirety of his 3 years, has his best year under Brian Daboll, a year which saw him throw 15 whole TD passes, and the Giants are handing him $40M per season. 

giphy.gif?ssl=1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Hey good for him. Everyone laughed at 45 and “he’s not worth that” 

But this is why you ask for maximum dollars. I said if he landed 25 per year it’s a huge win and he ends up close to what was reported. I can’t even hate on him for it. Daboll must see something that says he can progress further 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Hey good for him. Everyone laughed at 45 and “he’s not worth that” 

But this is why you ask for maximum dollars. I said if he landed 25 per year it’s a huge win and he ends up close to what was reported. I can’t even hate on him for it. Daboll must see something that says he can progress further 

Unless there's some long term plan to draft a guy, this coukd be daboll's downfall. Imagine if Jones is terrible the next 2 seasons, or imagine if McDermott and Beane signed Tyrod.for some big contract after 2017

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.