2023 NFL Combine Results and News

KingBoots8

25 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Good, big and fast might not be available in the draft this year. Most experts say this years WR class doesn’t have that alpha type receiver we have seen in most recent drafts. That’s why I’m leaning towards a bigger physical type receiver like Mingo. No smurfs.

That's a possibility.  If you're looking to go in that direction, Cedric Tillman of Tenn.  needs to be considered.  He was hurt early last season, needed ankle surgery, but still came back before the season ended.  Over 1000 yards in 2021 with great games against Bama and Georgia in 2021.  6'3" 215 lbs. with great hands and excellent in contested catches. 

Get it near him, he'll catch it.

• Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, CookieG said:

That's a possibility.  If you're looking to go in that direction, Cedric Tillman of Tenn.  needs to be considered.  He was hurt early last season, needed ankle surgery, but still came back before the season ended.  Over 1000 yards in 2021 with great games against Bama and Georgia in 2021.  6'3" 215 lbs. with great hands and excellent in contested catches. 

Tillman is interesting. It’s possible the Bills just dont think they need another undersized receiver. If so this is one big boy who should be available in later rounds.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Tillman is interesting. It’s possible the Bills just dont think they need another undersized receiver. If so this is one big boy who should be available in later rounds.

Later rounds is likely rd 2 or a big trade up in rd 3 imo. I could see him being taken before our pick in rd 2.  Or does he turn into Kelvin Harmon 2.0 and drop like a ton of bricks.

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

He had 9 drops last year. Don't think his hands will be any better. Especially with the velocity Josh throws with.

His actual hands?  Maybe, maybe not.   He's a more natural receiver than McKenzie though.  McKenzie has bad hands AND is a bad arm/body catcher.    The comp to Tyler Lockett makes some sense but I don't think he's on that level either.

Either way,  smurfs in round 1......no thanks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CookieG said:

Toss in the NFL bloodlines we like he seems like a fit.

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Later rounds is likely rd 2 or a big trade up in rd 3 imo. I could see him being taken before our pick in rd 2.  Or does he turn into Kelvin Harmon 2.0 and drop like a ton of bricks.

Didnt yet see what his 40 time was. if as some have projected hes a 4.5 40, we would have an outside chance in the second. but he could go a few spots before that pick. Reminds me a little of George Pickens who went later second last year. Greg Cosell likes Tillman. He also liked Pickens a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I do use many lite products as I am on the heavy side😆. I'd have no problem with him as the pick.

Give me Zay Flowers @ 27 and Demario Douglas in the 5th. Douglas caught every ball (including bad throws) effortlessly. Amazing hands and exact measurable as McKenzie.  Hyatt dropped alot of balls today. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, balln said:

thats what a lot of ppl on here are saying hes tyreke, nah

princeton boy 6' 3 200 ran a 4.43

Yeah there is no Tyreek this April but there are some very interesting prospects. 

Addison looked a little slow. Flowers & Douglas really popped. I didn't see either of these 2 drop or even bobble a throw.

2 hours ago, 947 said:

nfl.com draft analyisis lists Zay Flowers' NFL comparison as Travis Benjamin. Yikes...

Their comparison for Diggs was Harry Douglas. Douglas only started a 1/3 of the games he played and Diggs had more tds in 2022 than Douglas did in his 9 year career.😂 Funny thing is Benjamin and Douglas have almost identical career numbers except Benjamin had twice as many tds in his career. 

53 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There sure are a lot of small "quicker than fast" WRs in this draft that look to be better fits in the slot for the NFL. Who are the day 1 and 2 guys that project to be possible true #1 outside WRs? Quentin Johnston, Cedric Tillman, who else?

There are some guys, just the “better guys “ are the smaller ones. Production wise I love Xavier Hutchinson from Iowa State. A lot will depend on testing but can’t beat his college production 

• Agree 1

Jack Campbell is a monster. A little slower than Tremaine, but just as big with Luke Keuchly’s instincts and crazy explosive numbers and ridiculous agility. This is the guy I want as our new Mike. I don’t know where he gets drafted, but he’s a dude. 

This is the actual next Brian Urlacher/Luke Keuchly

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Jack Campbell is a monster. A little slower than Tremaine, but just as big with Luke Keuchly’s instincts and crazy explosive numbers and ridiculous agility. This is the guy I want as our new Mike. I don’t know where he gets drafted, but he’s a dude. 

This is the actual next Brian Urlacher/Luke Keuchly

Wouldn't this just chap my a$$... LOL...

Screenshot_20230304_190106_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b8af295072c8542f786b83604a90f487.jpg

29 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

He’s the guy as far as I’m concerned. Josh Allen 2.

He’s going to have to go where a really good structure is in place and they are patient with him cause unlike Josh who was the team at Wyoming…Richardson played with some decent talent at Florida and he looked brutal at times. I think Carolina or Seattle come to mind 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.