2023 NFL Combine Results and News

KingBoots8

3 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Disappointing, I was looking forward to seeing his 40 time. He's likely a 4.6 guy, not a burner. Could be in play for the Bills at 27.

Garrett Wilson is on record multiple times, including right before the Super Bowl this year as saying that JSN is a better player than either him or Chris Olave...the reporter asked him if Wilson still thought that and he said "I stand on it."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 97bills said:

I know this is a different topic, but it reminded me of today when I finally made the call to Directv and canceled… I had to go through two people, and the last guy begged me not to cancel. He even tried lying to me , telling me they still had NFL Sunday ticket.. I just had to go on there and go through a app. Lol. 

I cancelled directv , now i have to figure out how to watch the games

12 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

There is a bunch of edge guys just moving extremely fast at large sizes. Nolan Smith goes 4.44 and explosive af, Van Ness goes 4.64 and looks monsterish at 6'5" 272. Byron Young goes 4.51 and also explosive. They are cruising.

All the more reason to draft a tackle who can handle speed. Spencer Brown couldn't handle my grandmother. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Disappointing, I was looking forward to seeing his 40 time. He's likely a 4.6 guy, not a burner. Could be in play for the Bills at 27.

I bet he’s waiting to run the 40 until tOSU’s pro day so his only timed run will be on that blazing fast track. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Ehhhh, I don't think he's a 4.6 guy. Probably 4.5 if I had to guess. Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63 though, if people remember. Either way, I'll take him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, finn said:

All the more reason to draft a tackle who can handle speed. Spencer Brown couldn't handle my grandmother. 

Spencer Brown is one of the most athletic players in the entire NFL.  He's incredibly physically gifted.  So many things might have factored into his play this season, including missing much of the offseason with a back injury.

I'm content going into this year with him as our entrenched starting RT for another season.  Get some veteran depth behind him.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Ehhhh, I don't think he's a 4.6 guy. Probably 4.5 if I had to guess. Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63 though, if people remember. Either way, I'll take him. 

Definitely not a burner. 4.5 is probably accurate. That’s OK by me. Fast enough. Might get caught from behind once in a while, but it’s his route running and ability to make would-be tacklers miss that would have me elated with JSN at 27. I’m not saying he’s at Diggs’ level, but I think he’s as close to a Diggs clone as you can get in this draft. 

41 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I don't watch college football but JSN looks similar in size and traits to Shakir. Fine looking player but not anything that jumps out at me. Does JSN bring anything substantially different that makes him worth a first round pick?

To me, looks like he has incredible route running skills and separation ability, and wins some contested catches. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I don't watch college football but JSN looks similar in size and traits to Shakir. Fine looking player but not anything that jumps out at me. Does JSN bring anything substantially different that makes him worth a first round pick?

He looks closer to Justin Jefferson in college than Shakir.  Good separation, great hands, questions on deep speed.  Shakir had questions on deep speed and separation. 

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Spencer Brown is one of the most athletic players in the entire NFL.  He's incredibly physically gifted.  So many things might have factored into his play this season, including missing much of the offseason with a back injury.

I'm content going into this year with him as our entrenched starting RT for another season.  Get some veteran depth behind him.

My perception of him is that he’s extremely athletic as well, which is why I’m trying to figure out how he gets abuse so often

You would think that he would be an excellent passprotect her with his natural ability

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I disagree. He needs some competition over there

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.