2023 NFL Combine Results and News

KingBoots8

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

To my eye, Addison and JSN are MUCH better than Hyatt.  Both are technicians in route running and gaining separation.  Hyatt looks like a track star with a limited route tree and questionable hands. Hyatt seemed to be running wide open on 90% of his targets.

Flowers looks to be a comparable talent to addison and JSN-  maybe not as refined but a better athlete.  

johnston, addison, JSN and Flowers look to be the WRs worth a look in rd 1 of this draft.  

Hyatt might be drafted rd 1 but he doesn’t have the WR skills (other than speed) to warrant the selection imo.  Comparisons to I see a lot of comparisons to a healthy Will Fuller…..but I don’t see that. I thought Fuller had much better ball skills and was a better route runner.  

it looks like there will be a few decent WR options in rd 2-4.  I love Jayden Reed and he’d be an absolute steal in rd 3 (but likely won’t be there for us there).  Boutte, Tillman, Washington, Tyler, Rice, Palmer,  Mims, Hutchinson, wicks, Wilson, Jarrett, nacua, Mingo, Perry, Jones, Green.  

If the top 4 WRs are gone, I hope we can trade down.  If Hyatt is the pick, so be it, I just don’t know if he’s ever going to be more than an MVS type (minus the height and wingspan).    Don’t reach on WR.  There’s some decent mid rd value value imo.   I’d rather draft Wright/Mauch or another OL rather than reach on WR

I agree on not reaching for a WR/OL just for the sake of drafting offense first.  I don't see value on offense at 27 and that's why I think Campbell could easily be the pick, ideally after a trade down.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 2

Not being a huge college football fan, I leave the evaluations to those who are.

I do want the offense to be heavy in the draft.  That said, I would be willing to take a game changer replacement for Edmunds in the

1st round IF, at a minimum, the next 3 picks go to the offense.  Then with the 5th rounder it could go either way with offense or defense.

I believe a RG (who could sub in RT), WR, C, and TE are needed in the draft as of now.  For my money there are plenty of cheaper RBs in FA.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I agree on not reaching for a WR/OL just for the sake of drafting offense first.  I don't see value on offense at 27 and that's why I think Campbell could easily be the pick, ideally after a trade down.

Agree, like I just posted.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

To my eye, Addison and JSN are MUCH better than Hyatt.  Both are technicians in route running and gaining separation.  Hyatt looks like a track star with a limited route tree and questionable hands. Hyatt seemed to be running wide open on 90% of his targets.

Flowers looks to be a comparable talent to addison and JSN-  maybe not as refined but a better athlete.  

johnston, addison, JSN and Flowers look to be the WRs worth a look in rd 1 of this draft.  

Hyatt might be drafted rd 1 but he doesn’t have the WR skills (other than speed) to warrant the selection imo.  Comparisons to I see a lot of comparisons to a healthy Will Fuller…..but I don’t see that. I thought Fuller had much better ball skills and was a better route runner.  

it looks like there will be a few decent WR options in rd 2-4.  I love Jayden Reed and he’d be an absolute steal in rd 3 (but likely won’t be there for us there).  Boutte, Tillman, Washington, Tyler, Rice, Palmer,  Mims, Hutchinson, wicks, Wilson, Jarrett, nacua, Mingo, Perry, Jones, Green.  

If the top 4 WRs are gone, I hope we can trade down.  If Hyatt is the pick, so be it, I just don’t know if he’s ever going to be more than an MVS type (minus the height and wingspan).    Don’t reach on WR.  There’s some decent mid rd value value imo.   I’d rather draft Wright/Mauch or another OL rather than reach on WR

Tillman is Greg Cosells guy so if the Bills took him I’d have no problem at all based on Greg’s track record alone. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Tillman is Greg Cosells guy so if the Bills took him I’d have no problem at all based on Greg’s track record alone. 

Same.  I love Tillman- but I don’t think he’s a good pick @ 27.  Maybe after a trade back as he might not be there for us in rd 2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

No one talks about it. But no qb taken until #20 to Pitt last year. And that was it. In a modern day nfl first round draft. Unreal. No blue chippers fall to buf. Cursed franchise 

Edited by balln

34 minutes ago, H2o said:

Just saw Dion Dawkins on the field while they are doing the OL drills. He has a mic in his hand so he's giving commentary for something. 

I think NFL + is airing players combine with current NFL Pros offering combine commentary.  I believe Knox was on yesterday with TEs.  I don't get NFL + so I can't comment on how good the commentary is.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

To my eye, Addison and JSN are MUCH better than Hyatt.  Both are technicians in route running, gaining separation and securing passes.  Hyatt looks like a track star with a limited route tree and questionable hands. Hyatt seemed to be running wide open on 90% of his targets.

Hyatt might be drafted rd 1 but he doesn’t have the WR skills (other than speed) to warrant the selection imo.  I see a lot of comparisons to a healthy Will Fuller…..but I don’t see that. I thought Fuller had much better ball skills and was a better route runner.  

Hyatt has a 149.0 QB rating when targeted so in a QB's eyes he looks pretty damn good.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Figster said:

Hyatt has a 149.0 QB rating when targeted so in a QB's eyes he looks pretty damn good.

Not sure that has anything to do with him running routes and making contested catches.  

im not saying he’s bad-  I’m just saying that he looks like a moldable piece of clay that can be special.  I don’t think there’s anything special about his game right now other than his speed. 

• Like (+1) 2

Anyone catch Darnell Washigton's grab.  He didn't look as quick in and out of cuts as LaPorta but he looked good in the inline drills, hitting sled, and made catching look easy.  Yahoo says the Bills met with him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/baseball-mlb/darnell-washington-makes-eye-popping-one-handed-catch-during-combine-drill/vi-AA18eit8

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Cosell really liked Terrell Bernard. We'll see if that works out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

His athletic numbers were also nothing special for an athletic freak. I’ll continue to pound the table that a move to OT for Darnell Washington is in the teams and his own long term interest 

That's like saying he he didn't do anything more than someone who does really well.  As far as moving to OT I could see why he is huge.  

36 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Huge fan of his. Same

He looked pedestrian in shorts yesterday.  Not like that means much. I think his tape is nice for a possible day 3 guy but I wouldn’t take him before day 3.  

If a guy doesn’t have special speed, he better have very good hands and/or catch radius.  Physically he’s similar to shakir.  I thought he’d be faster and Shakir has a higher RAS score (8 compared to 7).  Both have short arms and small hands.  

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Campbell or other top D player.  In a draft that isn’t the greatest, it just doesn’t seem smart to exclude half the players from consideration because we want/need help on offense (I agree, too).  If there isn’t a good offensive player at anywhere on the OL or WR, then you should consider other positions, including defense.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, balln said:

No one talks about it. But no qb taken until #20 to Pitt last year. And that was it. In a modern day nfl first round draft. Unreal. No blue chippers fall to buf. Cursed franchise 

Yeah I wouldn’t say cursed. Maybe unlucky. The blue chip player who was supposed to go top ten and fell was Gerorge Karlaftis. I guess it was because short arms. We passed. We also passed on the generational center. 

This year we need all 4 of those QBs to go and for people to reach for need on corners. That could push a Brian Branch down. But I think the TEs and WRs all go and people reach for OL needs. That’s why I think a blue chip defensive player falls. You want blue chip? Chances are it’s either a defensive guy or Bijan Robinson. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.