Leslie Frazier "taking a year off from coaching" per Bills PR

Roundybout

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

The reason its been worse in the playoffs is because they are playing the best of the best offenses, and in this day and age of football a good defense is not going to stop a good offense.   The Bills need to work on making their offense better than the Chiefs, not trying to stop them with defense.

THIS. Bills give up more yards and points when they play the other two elite AFC quarterbacks than when they don't. 

Well hold the ***** front page!!!!

The Bills sucked against Cincy. All three phases, all game, no question. But as ever the man who got blamed here is Leslie Frazier. The guy who coordinated four top 10 defenses in 6 seasons. 3 of them top 5. 

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Which year?

Whichever one your B word whine was about. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

Here's the headline the Bills and NFL didn't want to publish...

Bills fire black DC with consistently top 5 defense after 14-3 season - while running HC's defensive scheme.

12 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Stop with the bull####

Well, he's certainly not taking a year off voluntarily. Wonder why Sean waited so long. There's no DC jobs out there anymore. 

21 minutes ago, Billl said:

The Bills lose to the Bengals 27-10 and everyone walks away talking about the defensive failings. Football fans are funny.

This is a thread about Leslie Frazier. There are plenty of others emphasizing strongly the need for a much better oline, an upgrade at WR#2, worrying if Dorsey is up for the job, hoping Josh gets right and returns to playing like he was in the playoffs against the Pats* and in the infamous 13 seconds game (granted, that level of superlative play is not sustainable over the course of a long season.) Anyway, boo Chief's fan, boo . . . jk, you're okay.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I still can't get passed 13 seconds. One of the biggest moments in team history and the D they dialed up was beyond pathetic. Our D finished the last few games this season in lackluster and confused fashion. The Cincy game put me over the top. There is talent on our D, I hope to see a new DC bring it out. All the stat-heads will point to our record and where our D finished in the standings. But when it is crunch time our coaches are just less then our opponents' coaches. Three years of a SB window wasted. Time for a change. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

THIS. Bills give up more yards and points when they play the other two elite AFC quarterbacks than when they don't. 

Well hold the ***** front page!!!!

The Bills sucked against Cincy. All three phases, all game, no question. But as ever the man who got blamed here is Leslie Frazier. The guy who coordinated four top 10 defenses in 6 seasons. 3 of them top 5. 

Whichever one your B word whine was about. 

Ok so all of them. Yeah, I suppose the consistent failure would take a mental toll.

• Eyeroll 1

I am fine with this.

I am much higher on Frazier than most here, and I don't blame him much for our PO failures (though he definitely deserves some blame, as exhibited by that 3rd down in our EZ vs Bengals which had its own thread here), but for me it has reached the point where we have to make some changes, even though it is pretty likely it may be for the worse.

We'll see what future brings.

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The Bills were playing against backups at 3 out of 5 spots on the O-line.  Cincy clearly took their foot off the gas and just pounded the rock, which the Bills couldn't stop either. They could've easily hung 40 if they needed to.

And it's no secret out O-line sucks, so was it really a big surprise our offense didn't do anything? Doesn't change the fact our defense couldn't stop anything.

It was 17-10 in the 3rd quarter.  

Buffalo needed to score on the 2 minute drill before the half to put some pressure on.  They failed.  They needed 7 coming out of the half.  They got 3.  If they scored on both of those drives its 21-17, or tied etc.  The defense gives up 7.  24-10 - we 3 and out with 2 deep passes. 

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Huh? Frazier already was a head coach for multiple years and made the playoffs one year with Christian Ponder at QB.

So he's had his shot and doesn't deserve another? I'm sure Andy Reid and Belicheck are glad that didn't happen to them. He's not getting another opportunity because he's just not championship good. 

10 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I agree with that last paragraph up to a point.  McD is the Head Coach.  Let's treat him as that.  Put a real DC in place (I think Holcomb called plays in the past?), and let's see if that makes him a better HC who has to run the offense and defense.  If he can't, then it's time to look elsewhere.  Coordinator and HC are vastly different roles, as you point out.  

Yup. Holcomb called plays last year as interim DC in Carolina, and before that as DC in Arizona 

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Weird.. 

Doesn’t change anything probably but weird to take a year off 

The man deserves privacy, but it's possible he has a medical issue either for himself or for a family member, and realizes he can't do justice to medical treatment/support AND coaching.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.