The Bills should trade for Mike Evans

FireChans

10 hours ago, FireChans said:

The Bucs are tanking. They are taking a $35M cap hit on the chin for Brady next season.

Mike Evans will be 30 next year. Last year of his contract. A pre 6/1 trade costs them a massive cap penalty, 21M, with only 2M in savings. Post 6/1, they save $14M and spread it over two seasons.

What does a 30 year old WR without a contract go for on a team that is about to have 2-3 years of pain?  A second and a fourth?

Hell no. You are insane to trade valuable picks for a past his prime receiver on the last year of his contract. This can't be serious, right?

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think I trade for Evans. It's pretty much a 1 year rental, he's expensive, and he's been known to drop some easy passes in big moments as well. Not big on trading picks for a 1 year rental, especially if I don't feel he puts us over the top. As far as his age goes? He's 100 days older than Stef. The age isn't as big of a factor as everyone is making it out to be. For my $$$ though, I'll say it again, give me Jakobi Meyers. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Sign Chark and Draft a WR. 

(1) It's all about protecting Allen.  He can make Wrs productive. 

(2) Dorsey has to be better. His offensive scheme was bad. More motion, more passes to the RBs, vary the routes, etc...

Allen just need a serviceable consistent run game and a solid offensive pass scheme. Dorsey was calling plays basically one play at a time. Plays weren't designed to set each other up. 

Injury issues aside, I love DJ Chark's game and think he'd be an excellent compliment to Stefon.  

Agree 100% on Dorsey.

I disagree on a serviceable run game for Allen though.  I believe this team relies on Josh's arm too much and this team needs a RB and running game they can lean on.  Part of protecting Josh, is protecting him from himself (turnovers).

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, FireChans said:

The Bucs are tanking. They are taking a $35M cap hit on the chin for Brady next season.

Mike Evans will be 30 next year. Last year of his contract. A pre 6/1 trade costs them a massive cap penalty, 21M, with only 2M in savings. Post 6/1, they save $14M and spread it over two seasons.

What does a 30 year old WR without a contract go for on a team that is about to have 2-3 years of pain?  A second and a fourth?

I have no idea what he would get paid, or if we can afford it with our tight cap room.

But hell yes, I'd love to have him on this team next season.

What Bills fan wouldn't? 

He is EXACTLY the sort of thing we desperately need: an elite No. 2 receiver so Diggs doesn't have to do it all and Josh has more bodies to find out in the field.

18 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I wouldn't hate it but it looked to me like he lost a step last year. He isn't explosive which is the biggest element our offense is missing. If we're going to trade for that style of  WR I would prefer DeAndre Hopkins, and it's already been reported that he is in fact available for trade.

You're being fooled. Did you see Tampa Bay's offense as a whole last year?

8 hours ago, buffblue said:

Hell no. You are insane to trade valuable picks for a past his prime receiver on the last year of his contract. This can't be serious, right?

Past prime? 🤦‍♂️

14 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't think I trade for Evans. It's pretty much a 1 year rental, he's expensive, and he's been known to drop some easy passes in big moments as well. Not big on trading picks for a 1 year rental, especially if I don't feel he puts us over the top. As far as his age goes? He's 100 days older than Stef. The age isn't as big of a factor as everyone is making it out to be. For my $$$ though, I'll say it again, give me Jakobi Meyers. 

They aren't the same type of investment though.

Meyers is probably getting $40M or more guaranteed..........Evans in this scenario is $14M.

Ultimately,  I think you want to get below those kind of price points for WR2-WR3 in 2024.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.