Rex Ryan emerging as favorite for DC in Denver?

Big Blitz

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

This reminds me of when we brought Dave Wannestadt in. Sometimes (always), the game evolves and old coaches don’t. 

Oh … and f*ck Rex Ryan. 

Remember how he was going to make our defense vicious, and then he had to bring in new players to do it?

They need a guy who can adapt to their already excellent players, not a guy who needs the GM to bring in guys to fit his system.

Has the knowledge to be good, IMO, but is he too lazy at this point? And seems like a bad fit for a defense that's already really good.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Are they a 3-4 defense? 

Yes, and up front one imagines there will be a strong element of continuity. It's on the back end where I see the scheme differences. Rex ran a lot of more man than is typical for the NFL in 2022. Denver primarily play zone behind the their rush packages. Let's see if Rex can adapt. One of his problems here was his impatience IMO. I remember that Thursday Night game where Fitz ripped us and we came out in basically a different coverage package each drive. It's almost impossible to execute when you keep chopping and changing like that. 

6 hours ago, wppete said:

Love this! Getting exciting! A DC with a pulse. The opposite of Frazier. Hope he gets the job, will be watching the show in Denver next year for sure. 

Amazing how Frazier again escapes,  did anyone offer him a job? No because he sucks and has zero options if the Bills fired him.  This is a major sign of weakness by Sean, he does not have the killer instinct or Frazier would have been toast after 13 secs

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Amazing how Frazier again escapes,  did anyone offer him a job? No because he sucks and has zero options if the Bills fired him.  This is a major sign of weakness by Sean, he does not have the killer instinct or Frazier would have been toast after 13 secs

If Leslie Frazier was fired and still wanted to coach he would be hired in next to no time. He got to the 2nd interview stage for two Head Coaching jobs last year (after 13 seconds) and has top 10 defenses in 4 of the last 5 seasons. He would not be short of offers.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

This reminds me of when we brought Dave Wannestadt in. Sometimes (always), the game evolves and old coaches don’t. 

Oh … and f*ck Rex Ryan. 

This

AFter he stole Ralph's money, then arranged to have his brother get some free money too, I hope he never works again.  Anytime, anywhere.

And plus, he sucks, is a buffoon, and the game probably passed him by.

Consolation:  If he does come back, i desperately hope its in the AFC.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes, and up front one imagines there will be a strong element of continuity. It's on the back end where I see the scheme differences. Rex ran a lot of more man than is typical for the NFL in 2022. Denver primarily play zone behind the their rush packages. Let's see if Rex can adapt. One of his problems here was his impatience IMO. I remember that Thursday Night game where Fitz ripped us and we came out in basically a different coverage package each drive. It's almost impossible to execute when you keep chopping and changing like that. 

Do you ever see the bills transitioning to a 3-4 with these players? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.