Bills hire new WR coach Adam Henry

Dablitzkrieg

52 minutes ago, StHustle said:

How is he still here? Did he get a new contract? It expires next month. I believe they would have gotta a new deal done by now if that were the plan. Seems they don’t want to “fire” him so they are letting it expire before hiring a new one. Just my thoughts.

That would be a pleasant surprise.

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sure we could. Let Edmunds walk, plus we have like $50 million in available restructures to create cap space. Give him a 3 year deal that's really a 2 year deal with a smaller cap hit in 2023. We could easily do that and still have room to sign a LB and at least one upgrade on the OL.

Serious question
Do you really expect for Brandon Beane to do all those restructures?

He will do some

Then he’s going to resign his own players

Whenever you look at what the general manager is going to do you have to look at past performance this has been beans, MO with the exception of Von Miller

• Like (+1) 1

Ill take Beckham all day. I know people don’t like him, but I actually think he fits really well and having a guy who runs routes the way he does and all the contested catches he makes, well that is exactly what this team needs. Yeah he has a little edge and wants the ball like Diggs. Good. We could use some swagger and an edge. He will be fully healed and rested and likely looking to prove something. I’m all for it. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Serious question

Whenever you look at what the general manager is going to do you have to look at past performance this has been beans, MO with the exception of Von Miller

It's also exactly what Beane and McDermott have said, from the beginning, that they would do.  They'll pay the guys the want to keep, they'll fill holes in free agency, and they'll draft to feed the pipeline.  

And if this coaching addition is about a star receiver, it's more likely to be about Diggs than OBJ.  I wouldn't be surprised if high on their list of needs when looking at a WR coach was to find someone who can deal with Diggs.  This is a veteran wide receiver coach who has been around his share of guys who need to be handled well.   

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Wr2 problem solved. How much??

I think the word on the street is $13 million per; but maybe we can get that down seeing as the way last season went down with no one signing him, Dallas seemingly disinterested, and so on.  Maybe there are concerns about his current health status or fitness level.

Not sure I'd pay him more than $10 mil assuming he would take that.

A 3 year deal might get it done, I don't know how much interest is truly out there in him.

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

He's 30 coming off second ACL tear.

He's going to want a multi-year probably with lots of guaranteed.

No thanks to that.

I wish him luck because I can’t see a contending team agreeing to a deal like that for the reason you cited. 

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Serious question
Do you really expect for Brandon Beane to do all those restructures?

He will do some

Then he’s going to resign his own players

What do you mean? Beane has always been a big spender in free agency.

Mitch Morse

John Brown

Cole Beasley

Trent Murphy

Star Lotulelei

That's just the first 5 that immediately come to mind. The issue in the past hasn't been Beane's unwillingness to spend in free agency, it's that his spending has been suboptimal especially on the defensive side.

OBJ isn't going to command a massive contract. The same issues others have brought up - his age, his two ACL injuries - will limit his ceiling in free agency. But we have a glaring hole at WR #2 and two of his best friends in the building (Adam Henry and Von Miller). It makes sense for him as much as it does for us.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

He's 30 coming off second ACL tear.

He's going to want a multi-year probably with lots of guaranteed.

No thanks to that.

I wouldn't assume he's going to get what he wants. It only takes one team to make a bonehead offer, but I suspect the actual price will be more reasonable given his age and injury history.

31 minutes ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

He left for Jacksonville 

To be reunited with the ST coach who blazed that path before him!  😋

It’s not a Coordinator, but we’ve had changes at safety coach, assistant OLine coach (Kromer not impressed? Scapegoat?), Senior Defensive Assistant (DC in waiting?) and who knows what else. We are not without coaching changes. Now, let’s hope it’s enough to make a difference. 

If the new WR coach can make a HUGE difference he’d be worthy of Organizational MVP consideration! 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

OBJ isn't going to command a massive contract. The same issues others have brought up - his age, his two ACL injuries - will limit his ceiling in free agency. But we have a glaring hole at WR #2 and two of his best friends in the building (Adam Henry and Von Miller). It makes sense for him as much as it does for us.

Agree, but unfortunately it’s a super weak FA year for WR 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.