Bills hire new WR coach Adam Henry

Dablitzkrieg

16 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Beane is doing this to distract you from the fact that Frazier is still here 

How is he still here? Did he get a new contract? It expires next month. I believe they would have gotta a new deal done by now if that were the plan. Seems they don’t want to “fire” him so they are letting it expire before hiring a new one. Just my thoughts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Boutte in the Draft.😁

Unless Boutte was there in 2014 I don't think there's a connection. 

5 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

What happened to the old WR coach ?

Contract was up and went to Jacksonville in same position. 

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

How is he still here? Did he get a new contract? It expires next month. I believe they would have gotta a new deal done by now if that were the plan. Seems they don’t want to “fire” him so they are letting it expire before hiring a new one. Just my thoughts.

I think it was wawrow that reported Frazier's contract wasn't up. I could def be wrong. Still a little foggy atm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/leslie-frazier-contract-2023-reaction/amp/

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
Link.
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

If they were going to make a change they would have by now.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I think it was wawrow that reported Frazier's contract wasn't up. I could def be wrong. Still a little foggy atm

Well that sucks if true. I know it’s usually the HC’s decision and in this case I feel like if another playoff meltdown happens then McDermott should be on the hot seat 

• Agree 2

I hope these dots really do connect and we sign OBJ. It's a no brainer move. Push Davis back down the depth chart to the role he belongs in. Give us better run after catch ability, nothing crazy but better than what we have. Then draft a WR on day one or two to keep the pipeline going. I really hope this happens. It will tell me Beane recognizes his mistakes.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Success said:

This board would do a 180 if we signed OBJ - everyone would be excited about it.  And that's because it would be exciting. 

When healthy, he is still a top receiver, and would solve our problem at WR2 - allowing us to focus on the O-line and other needs in the first few rounds of the draft.

Is he really still a top receiver though?  Aren't we just basing that off of play we saw years ago?  

He hasn't played a full season since 2019 and that was 15 games.

Not saying Tre is never going to return to his prior form, but we saw what he looked like when he came back and he was clearly not the same. Receivers and DBs may be impacted more than any other position by ACL injuries because of the nature of what they do. This wasn't OBJs first ACL injury either.

Edited by Billz4ever

9 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

If they were going to make a change they would have by now.

Yep, you don’t wait until all the options are off the table to make a move. I wonder how much Al Holcomb as Senior Defensive Assistant will add. Is he the DC in waiting? I don’t know much about him, but he’s worked with McD and he’s been a DC before. Is this a transition year? Frazier is getting up there in years. He’ll be 64 next season. Not ancient, but you have to wonder….

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I hope these dots really do connect and we sign OBJ. It's a no brainer move. Push Davis back down the depth chart to the role he belongs in. Give us better run after catch ability, nothing crazy but better than what we have. Then draft a WR on day one or two to keep the pipeline going. I really hope this happens. It will tell me Beane recognizes his mistakes.

Signing OBJ is actually a very typical Beane move and wouldn't show he's learned anything. IMO. An aging vet past his prime coming off two acls who will get more money than he's worth. More patch work. Exactly what we don't need.

Spend a minimum of our first three draft picks on offense, including a WR. Than I'll be confident Beane is willing to change his ways.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wouldn't you rather draft a long-term solution than pay another hired mercenary a boatload of money that prevents us from filling other needs? And we have no idea what he even looks like.  Hasn't played a full season since 2019 and that was 15 games.  Coming off another ACL injury and we already saw how that impacted Tre.  Not to say Tre won't be back to his old self with a full offseason and camp, but you never know what you're going to get with DB and WRs in particular with that type of injury.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We are not going to be able to afford Odell, Beckham, Jr.

Sure we could. Let Edmunds walk, plus we have like $50 million in available restructures to create cap space. Give him a 3 year deal that's really a 2 year deal with a smaller cap hit in 2023. We could easily do that and still have room to sign a LB and at least one upgrade on the OL.

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Spend a minimum of our first three draft picks on offense, including a WR. Than I'll be confident Beane is willing to change his ways.

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Wouldn't you rather draft a long-term solution than pay another hired mercenary a boatload of money that prevents us from filling other needs?

Why not both? We need to enter the draft knowing that we already have the #2 spot filled. Can't rely on a rookie to be better than Davis, it would be nice but no guarantees. Get OBJ here on a 2 year deal and also draft a WR high. Davis can be our #3/#4 and walk after 2023.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Why not both? We need to enter the draft knowing that we already have the #2 spot filled. Can't rely on a rookie to be better than Davis, it would be nice but no guarantees. Get OBJ here on a 2 year deal and also draft a WR high. Davis can be our #3/#4 and walk after 2023.

I think his asking price is going to be waaaay to high for us.  Just don't see it.  And even if we could swing it, I don't know if it's wise thing to do.  This guy is 30 with now 2 ACL injuries and has become, IMO, fragile.  I see people already claiming Diggs is going to be on the decline since he's coming up on 30 and he's perfectly healthy.

If we were going to target a FA, I'd much rather see us try to get a Jakobi Meyers vs an aging, now unproven OBJ coming off ACL tear #2.

Plus, I don't like his attitude, which is another issue all together.  We don't need any toxicity in the locker room from an egomaniac.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.