Bills hire new WR coach Adam Henry

Dablitzkrieg

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I know this isn't directly related to your post here... 

But it's entirely plausible that Chad Hall just moved on for personal reasons... I see it happen all the time. It's really not that crazy of an occurrence. 

Of course! 

But it's also plausible that if the Bills thought he was an amazing, fantastic, "he'll be a huge loss to our staff" tops-in-the-league WR coach, they would have made a strong push to keep him - give him additional developmental responsibilities, more $$, try to address any personal reasons if they can.

Whereas this seems more like "thank you for your service, we wish you success in your future endeavors, NEXT!"

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Of course! 

But it's also plausible that if the Bills thought he was an amazing, fantastic, "he'll be a huge loss to our staff" tops-in-the-league WR coach, they would have made a strong push to keep him - give him additional developmental responsibilities, more $$, try to address any personal reasons if they can.

Whereas this seems more like "thank you for your service, we wish you success in your future endeavors, NEXT!"

Correct,

I guess the narrative I'm seeing people try to create here is that the Bills culture is toxic and Chad Hall had to jump ship.

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Correct,

I guess the narrative I'm seeing people try to create here is that the Bills culture is toxic and Chad Hall had to jump ship.

You're right, that has been seen here.

There are 2 possibilities and we'll never know to what degree each is true:

1) The Bills wanted someone with a different skill set for developing young WR/managing the WR room so when Hall's contract was up, they moved on

2) Chad Hall was ready to move on from the Bills for personal reasons - he wanted a different part of the country or a team with different opportunities

Baked into both possibilities is the element of dissatisfaction from either side - on the Bills side, with results this past season; on Hall's side, with the culture and organizational plan, especially on the offensive side.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You're right, that has been seen here.

There are 2 possibilities and we'll never know to what degree each is true:

1) The Bills wanted someone with a different skill set for developing young WR/managing the WR room so when Hall's contract was up, they moved on

2) Chad Hall was ready to move on from the Bills for personal reasons - he wanted a different part of the country or a team with different opportunities

Baked into both possibilities is the element of dissatisfaction from either side - on the Bills side, with results this past season; on Hall's side, with the culture and organizational plan, especially on the offensive side.

He interviewed for the OC position in Baltimore..........yes, there are a lot of vague factors to consider but why not lead with the most obvious...........he wants to go someplace where he is likely to advance his stock as an OC.

Is that under SB winning, long time Andy Reid offensive assistant Doug Pederson with up and coming Trevor Lawrence and a fully stocked WR corps?

Or with McDermott, under Dorsey(who has neither Reid nor Shanahan system experience) with Joe Brady already the likely successor should Dorsey move on?

Seems like a pretty basic career move.   His stock isn't likely to increase in Buffalo next season and by moving on he shows he is ambitious. 

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He interviewed for the OC position in Baltimore..........yes, there are a lot of vague factors to consider but why not lead with the most obvious...........he wants to go someplace where he is likely to advance his stock as an OC.

Is that under SB winning, long time Andy Reid offensive assistant Doug Pederson with up and coming Trevor Lawrence and a fully stocked WR corps?

Or with McDermott, under Dorsey(who has neither Reid nor Shanahan system experience) with Joe Brady already the likely successor should Dorsey move on?

Seems like a pretty basic career move.   His stock isn't likely to increase in Buffalo next season and by moving on he shows he is ambitious. 

So he does not have a higher ceiling than Dorsey in McBeanes eyes.

Was this discussed with them perhaps ? What's my future here ?
 In the end its no matter

But i feel its fair for us fans to contemplate and consternate as to what OBD is thinking :)

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

100% agree that he (probably) made the move to further his education. Oocam’s razor. Gets to work with/learn from Doug pederson.  Seems like a no brainer from that perspective. A lateral move on paper but progress isn’t linear. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/16/2023 at 11:01 PM, Figster said:

How do you think Ken Dorsey matches up with Andy Reid? All our innovation went out the door with Daboll. Why do you think Diggs is so angry? Its the QB, the OC, or both since their joined at the hip now. I knew this was a mistake. We did the same damn thing not replacing Ted Marchibroda for Kelly...

In hind sight, I didn’t realize  Dorsey and Josh were that buddy buddy, not a good thing in the Boss employee relationship, an OC needs to be able to kick his QB in the azs (figuratively) from time to time, and that certainly hasn’t happened since Dorsey took over, also agree on the lack of innovation in play development by our OC, 

GO  BILLS!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.