Jessie Pegula reveals more about Kim

extrahammer

Cardiac Arrest, her other daughter saves Kim's life, but some brain damage. Kim can read, and write and has limited speaking abilities, but is still in recovery in a care facility.

What an ordeal

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wow, powerful family and personal journey.  I understand know why there weren't updates.

Sad and at the same time positive moving forward.  Reads like Jessica Pegula and her family's experience with getting older and change.  "Now we have come to realize that all of that is probably gone".

Incredible family, Bills fans are blessed to have the Pegulas as owners.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

This season was just unbelievable.  I cannot believe people are still blaming coaches for one loss after everything the team went through this year.  It is a miracle we won 13 games and a playoff game to be honest.  Wishing her a continued recovery.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It explains quite well now why she hasn't been seen and I hope people understand and respect that.

I always really liked Kim and it is gutting that she won't be the same as she was, but I am happy for the Pegula's that she seems to be doing well enough to still enjoy life to some extent as a family and a mom.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Must read for Buffalo sports fans - Heartbreaking but also uplifting - A truly human story of dealing with adversity - Reminder that regardless of size of bank account, we all have our trials and tribulations.  And on top of all that, it was beautifully written.  

• Like (+1) 12

What an unbelievable year. Aside from all the obvious unfortunate events that hit this community and team this past year, one part of that article that really resonated with me is the part where she said, “I guess one thing I learned from the past year is it can be a great year, and a bad year, both can be true.” She nailed it there. Here we were having this super hyped season with some incredible success and it never really felt like we could enjoy it with the real world clouds hanging over our head. 

The Bills organization is like family to me. Like many here, while I’m unlikely to ever meet them, I’ll always have love for the Pegulas for saving our Bills and their many other contributions to the community. Praying for your recovery, Kim! ❤️🙏

Edited by Blank Stare
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Kind of brutal that a very similar thing happened on the field just months later. Hope Kim can continue to improve. I know someone who had a severe TBI with similar symptoms to what she has now and he was able to improve a lot over 5 years. The brain is weird in how it can rewire itself.

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully the guy on this board that keeps complaining about "Not wanting to hear how the Bills had to overcome adversity" reads this article.  This goes beyond football, but Kim was a huge part of the organization, even going as far to make the players cookies.  You think that didnt weigh on them?

Keep going Kim.   You have an entire city behind you.  

• Like (+1) 13
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.