Josh Allen not going to Pro Bowl - Tyler Huntley going in his place

Draconator

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

7 of his teammates are going, yet he just leaves them hanging to go golf?  Where is the support for the lineman and WR that were there for you all season?

Maybe he needs a little time away from the "fiery competitor" who was screaming at him while he was trying to figure out the defense on a Surface and the OL who left him with 0 time to throw and a good covering of bruises.

If I were Diggs or Allen, though, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Eli Apple to cover that couples counseling.

As a fan I would have watched it with Josh there. Plus he meets other top players, and of course he's there with some teammates, to lower the sting of the sour ending.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Trevor Lawrence should be the replacement. What a joke.

That's what I read at first. A backup QB with just a few games? WTH is that?

3 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Gotta think golfing puts more stress on that elbow than a flag football game. Source: I am a golfer and I occasionally throw a football.

A UCL tear is not the same as golfer's elbow. You can swing and hit a ball just fine without further damage to the UCL, which is why you saw Shohei Ohtani hitting, but not pitching in 2019 following his UCL injury. Josh will be fine.

Source: I am a professional golfer and quarterback. (JK: but i'm a scratch golfer who tosses a baseball around with his kids)

Anyone but Mac Jones

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So does this mean Josh is still a 1 time Pro Bowler? The one time being the year there wasn't a Pro Bowl so there wasn't a reason for him to opt out. 😭

Nope the guys who are elected straight up get credit.  Once guys start opting out any scrub can get in.

Someone might have already pointed this out, but of the 32 Bills players ranked by Joe Buscaglia for The Athletic, Saffold has the lowest grade for the season, D+.

Saffold's weekly grade was also regularly at or near the bottom.

It bears repeating: The Pro Bowl, what a joke.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

I get not playing flag football, but was wondering if Allen would show up, hang out a bit with the other NFL players and fans.  Guess not.  

No way in hell. The pro bowl is a joke. The flag version is even worse. No one gives a crap attending this embarrassing league event. Just announce your end of season pro bowl awards. Let these guys shut it down. Josh, keep your drive right on the 18th.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Good for Huntley. He will have Pro Bowl QB before his name which is a accomplishment and a nice recognition.

Nobody cares about the pro bowl right? Shouldnt it just be like 'Rock and Jock'? Get celebrities, musicians and league stars have them all play to promote the game for kids or just for ad revenue.

Dpoy, Opoy, MVP are the highest person awards you can win right? Pro Bowls go next man up when the best are getting rest. 

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why?  It's a commonplace contract escalator.

Last year Jason Kelce got an extra $500K, Xavien Howard on the Fins got an extra $1 million, for example.

You want to overpay Saffold and Huntley and a host of other players who do not deserve Pro Bowl cred. They are there because  4,5,6 guys ahead of them bowed out because it's a joke of a game. And I'm not talking about escalators, I'm talking about guaranteed money and extensions where an agent would try to use it to drive up the price. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.