Top 51 Free Agents for 2023

Buffalo03

5 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I would love some Evan Engram. You can split him out and play WR. Very versatile player. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EngrEv00.htm

He’d know better than to sign with the Bills and get a TE burial. He resurrected his career because of Pederson.

Edited by Airseven
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-51-free-agents-of-2023-who-are-the-best-players-available

Who would you sign out of these top 51 free agents. I think for OL we could look at Mike McGlinchey. I also wouldn't mind Chauncey Gardner Johnson from the Eagles as safety. He plays the same position in the same type of defense we do so he would be a perfect replacement for poyer. He's also only 25. Who would you all be interested in?

Bring the Bills back and take a look at RT McGlinchy (SF)

28 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Bring the Bills back and take a look at RT McGlinchy (SF)

McGlinchy is nothing special.

Offensive Guard is more of a need than Offensive Tackle. Go after Dalton Risner or Issac Seumalo, or both.

I like Jakobi Meyers, but doubt we can afford him. DJ Chark might be a possibility.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

seems like a decent number of OL and DTs on the list.  DL ( one of Tomlinson, Ford, Jones, Payne) and at OL (Davis or McGlinchey or McGary), grab one of the safeties also, either Gardner-Johnson or Bell.  

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

I would love some Evan Engram. You can split him out and play WR. Very versatile player. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EngrEv00.htm

you can, but Dorsey does not appear to know how to handle RB and TEs.  

3 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Some guys on that list I’d like to see in a Bills uniform next season for sure.

Problem is, based on what Beane said we should be looking at lower 2nd and 3rd tier guys.  Need to sign some of our own and the cap is an issue. 

Beane said that last year and we signed Von Miller.

I'm not saying that the Bills will make a big splash signing like that again, it's just that Beane will say one thing and do another.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Beane said that last year and we signed Von Miller.

I'm not saying that the Bills will make a big splash signing like that again, it's just that Beane will say one thing and do another.

I hope so.  Concerned this year the cap is truly an issue for FA’s

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

I can't disagree but we didn't have to worry about that with Oliver, he never blew up.  We were better with Darious than without him.  We still had Kyle.  After the two of them got done we've never had a presence in the middle like we did with them.  Payne has way more size than Oliver and has, at the very least, shown an abliity to get to the QB.  If the dollars were the same in the end I might think Payne has more upside.

Oh I agree 💯 …. I would take Payne also over Oliver. But I don’t think the money will be the same. 

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

McGlinchy is nothing special.

Offensive Guard is more of a need than Offensive Tackle. Go after Dalton Risner or Issac Seumalo, or both.

I like Jakobi Meyers, but doubt we can afford him. DJ Chark might be a possibility.

You've made the most sense yet👍. Outstanding targets besides like you said Meyers who will price himself out from us 

Edited by TheBeaneBandit
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Risner is 6'5 not many QBs can see past him which is great because Josh can. Also he is a reliable and already plays in cold weather.

Payne - Probably not at our budget but with Von and crew he could see 12-15 sacks.

Anthony Brown CB is another Target - He is 29 but I think could add some value on the back end with the loss of poyer.

Reality check -  according to Spotrac, we are currently $20 million over the projected cap w/out having to account for signing our rookie class.  Our last big shot in free agency shot will be Miller until we can dump his contract - would be shocked if we sign anyone on this list.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

Reality check -  according to Spotrac, we are currently $20 million over the projected cap w/out having to account for signing our rookie class.  Our last big shot in free agency shot will be Miller until we can dump his contract - would be shocked if we sign anyone on this list.

Reality check: Josh alone could restructure and free up 20 million. The cap is basically a lie and there are no excuses to not bring in 4 or even 5 free agents in the 25- 60 range. I have spoken.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Reality check: Josh alone could restructure and free up 20 million. The cap is basically a lie and there are no excuses to not bring in 4 or even 5 free agents in the 25- 60 range. I have spoken.

The thing is, if they re-sign Edmunds, it would probably eat up a bunch of that and if they Tag him, wouldn't it take just about all of the savings from restructuring Josh?

Edited by LyndonvilleBill

8 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

The thing is, if they re-sign Edmunds, it would probably eat up a bunch of that and if they Tag him, wouldn't it take just about all of the savings from restructuring Josh?

I was hoping they’d tag him, but the numbers are too high. Either he takes a backloaded bridge deal to stay or looks for the big payday elsewhere. Bills will probably wind up using more early picks on defense, unfortunately.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.