Top 51 Free Agents for 2023

Buffalo03

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

The thing is, if they re-sign Edmunds, it would probably eat up a bunch of that and if they Tag him, wouldn't it take just about all of the savings from restructuring Josh?

Josh would just be the first. They'll probably restructure at least a handful of guys maybe even some cuts and or trades.

18 hours ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Geno Smith is the number 3 top free agent this off season. I am having trouble standing on planet Earth right now…

The fact of the matter is he is not. Pete Carroll is a genius. He made everyone think Russell Wilson was a top tier NFL QB for years. Wilson leaves and he's nothing more than a JAG. Enter Geno Smith. The same Geno Smith who has been a nobody throughout his entire career, but made nice $$$ as a backup. Now, Pete Carroll turns him into a division winning Pro Bowl QB. Make no mistake about it, if Geno goes anywhere else other than back to Seattle he will transform from a solid NFL QB back into the 💩 he'd always been.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Any of the 4 guards on that list would be significant upgrades to either of our guards. Make it happen and land one of them.

Any of my 4 nieces would be a significant upgrade to either of our guards.

Git 'er done, Beane. 

Gardner-Johnson and David Long are both DOGS. Would add a bit of an edge to our D and both probably wouldn't cost a ton. I love both of those guys as potential fits if Poyer/Edmunds aren't retained.

Chark is a stud as well but might get too much in a thin WR market.

Edited by BillsFanInRaleigh

20 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I could see them pursuing Jessie Bates or Gardner Johnson as a Poyer replacement. Probably a too expensive. I also like Drue Tranquill as an Edmunds replacement. I also think Byron Murphy could be a playmaking safety if he moves off CB (similar to when we signed Micah Hyde.) No reel big fish, except maybe Bates. 

I was also thinking Tranquil to replace Edmunds.  Not sure how much cheaper he would be.  He’s also 4 years older than Edmunds.  That’s the one thing people forget with Edmunds,  he’s 4 years in and only 24. Still a lot of upside with him.

16 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I was also thinking Tranquil to replace Edmunds.  Not sure how much cheaper he would be.  He’s also 4 years older than Edmunds.  That’s the one thing people forget with Edmunds,  he’s 4 years in and only 24. Still a lot of upside with him.

I tend to agree, but I don't think there is much more growth for Tremaine. I believe he is what he is at this point. Perhaps the game could slow down a bit more for him, but it has been 5 years and I am not sure how much he improved. I do think Tranquill will be a bit cheaper, but as you said, it may not be much. Drue will enter the season at 28 years old, Tremaine will enter at 25. Tranquill just makes plays all over the place as his game has really evolved. Would I like Tremaine back? Sure. But I think they should pursue Drue as a replacement. Drue has warts too. One is his age and the other is his injury history and that makes him more of a risk. 

Ideally they find a Noah Sewell or Jack Campbell in the draft somewhere. Perhaps Anthony Walker Jr or Deion Jones could work as well as UFAs. But there isn't a lot of depth there in FA. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.