Jump to content

Michael Thomas or Odell Beckham Jr.?


thenorthremembers
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mike Gesicki would be a great upgrade as far as our slot WR position is concerned. That was a glaring weakness for us all year long I thought. McKenzie is not the guy we thought he was and Beasley, as much as I love him is just way too old at this point. Allen missed having that smart, move the chains, physical, find the soft spot in the defense kind of weapon I thought.

 

Give me a slot WR and give me another outside WR to compete against Gabe Davis, preferably in the 1st-3rd rounds.

 

If we expect Allen to be the “franchise” which I think he is, give this guy a solid OL and I’m talking 330lbs minimum as a requirement for every player on our line, like heaviest line in the league kind of big and get the guy some more weapons and a running attack!

 

 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Makes sense.   Started the topic to for discussion sake, and you have valid points.   Not sure how I feel about Hyatt yet.   Seems like the idea that a WR takes 3 years to develop has gone out the window with so many young guys having success out of the gate.

Of course. We're all trying to wrap our heads around what happened yesterday and dialogue helps. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Parris Campbell as a cheaper FA. He missed a lot of time in his first few seasons, was healthy this year & played really well despite awful QB play. Can play outside or slot, and should come pretty cheap.

 

Even if we draft a 1st round WR, who's to say McD would play him any more than they played Shakir this year?

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Say this LOUDER. so the guys in the back row can hear you..

 

For christ sakes, Take note what the Eagles, San Fran and Bengals did with their offensive line over the last 2 years.

 

If the NFL draft picks go as follows..

 

OL, OL, OL, OL... I can live with that. Double down at guard and T. Do it Early. Fix the damn line. And stop drafting so late on picks for the line.

 

 Are you talking specifically through the draft? Because none of those teams spent great resources via the draft in 21 & 22. Each team spent a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder, combined in the 2 drafts. That's it.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Zay Flowers...dude looks and moves like a poor man's Tyreek Hill. Same height, same build, slightly slower at 4.37 but dude can stop on a dime and change directions ridiculously well.

 

 

Love him. This is exactly who the Bills need. A guy that can add some real juice and athleticism to this offense. Diggs, Flowers, Gabe Davis, and an improved Shakir would be formidable (if the line can hold up.) 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Love him. This is exactly who the Bills need. A guy that can add some real juice and athleticism to this offense. Diggs, Flowers, Gabe Davis, and an improved Shakir would be formidable (if the line can hold up.) 

My only issue with him is size.  He is listed at 5"10 172, will be interesting to see what he measures out at during the combine.   May be strict slot guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Say this LOUDER. so the guys in the back row can hear you..

 

For christ sakes, Take note what the Eagles, San Fran and Bengals did with their offensive line over the last 2 years.

 

If the NFL draft picks go as follows..

 

OL, OL, OL, OL... I can live with that. Double down at guard and T. Do it Early. Fix the damn line. And stop drafting so late on picks for the line.

Um, the Eagles spent a huge amount of draft capital on their two main wideouts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, 947 said:

I like Parris Campbell as a cheaper FA. He missed a lot of time in his first few seasons, was healthy this year & played really well despite awful QB play. Can play outside or slot, and should come pretty cheap.

 

Even if we draft a 1st round WR, who's to say McD would play him any more than they played Shakir this year?

I like Campbell as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DeAndre Hopkins is top of the list for me. He fits Allen's style so well and is still playing at a high level. That's a no-brainer trade even if we have to overpay. Michael Thomas I'm concerned with recurring injury issues but sure I'd take a shot. Cooks or OBJ would be fallback options. If we don't end up with one of those 4 the offseason is a failure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Neither. Use a first round pick on one. Control him on the cheap for five years. 

 

Relying on rookies to fill holes is a mistake. They have to do what they did in 2020 and make a splash move for a known commodity. They can also draft a WR early if the board falls right but that can't be the plan.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Bills can clear a lot of money by restructuring contracts this offseason, however if they want to trade for someone like DeAndre Hopkins or Brandin Cooks they will have to find someone to take on Ed Oliver's contract as well.    We wont be able to keep Oliver and sign another big money wide receiver.

 

That said, Michael Thomas just restructured his contract to make it easier for the Saints to move away from him in the offseason.   If the Saints dont move him off their roster by March 17th they will owe him 32 million dollars next year, something I dont imagine they want to do.   

 

With Thomas and Beckham both coming off of injuries and playing very little the last two seasons it's possible they have to take a one year prove it deal, hypothetically something in the range of 7-8 million dollars, doable for the Bills. 

 

If we have to go the route of taking a chance on a gifted but tarnished wideout, which one would you prefer?  If neither, what other option do you see for the Bills?

Offensive lineman and an Offensive Coordinator that can develop and use a run game and emphasize high percentage passes. If Eds contract is anywhere near what a "Big Money" wide receiver's is considering he hasn't done anything to justify giving him a big contract Bean should be tarred and feathered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Mike Gesicki would be a great upgrade as far as our slot WR position is concerned. That was a glaring weakness for us all year long I thought. McKenzie is not the guy we thought he was and Beasley, as much as I love him is just way too old at this point. Allen missed having that smart, move the chains, physical, find the soft spot in the defense kind of weapon I thought.

 

Give me a slot WR and give me another outside WR to compete against Gabe Davis, preferably in the 1st-3rd rounds.

 

If we expect Allen to be the “franchise” which I think he is, give this guy a solid OL and I’m talking 330lbs minimum as a requirement for every player on our line, like heaviest line in the league kind of big and get the guy some more weapons and a running attack!

 

 

I think Gesicki would want a prove deal and not sure he'd get enough looks here that allow him to earn a big contract the following year. Yet agree we need help in the slot and 2nd TE. 

 

If we do look at free agency, I think a guy like Greg Dortch could be a low cost good slot answer yet unsure of his RFA vs UFA status. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...