Thank you Jordan Poyer

Chicagobills

3 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Yea looks like the money is still going to Buffalo. But how the hell is BUF +550 and CIN is +1000?!?!

On 1/22/2023 at 10:02 PM, Jerome007 said:

Man that dude was awesome! But he really played bad in these 2 playoff games. I suspect an injury as otherwise he's been so good.

He was playing on a torn meniscus in his knee.  Also played through an elbow injury.  

He was a warrior all season, but he wore down at the end.

I wish him the best, I don’t think we’ll be able to keep him.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I swear she made some comment before the playoff game that sounded almost relieved that he'd be an FA. Like he just wrapped up hard time in Buffalo. She's annoying.

I think Bush and their kid spend the year in FL and come up on weekends. All the things I could dislike about Rachel Bush, I think it’s logical to want your husband home all year. 

On 1/22/2023 at 10:03 PM, Chicagobills said:

Poyer was playing thru injury. He put it all on the line for us. Wish we would pay him to keep him here 

Unfortunately part of the business of running a football team under the salary cap is that you have to pick and choose who gets paid.

If we can keep one of Poyer, Oliver, or Edmunds, I read between the lines of what McDermott and what Beane said and it’s going to be Edmunds.

”He had his best year” -McDermott

“Draft, Develop, Resign” - Beane 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’ve seen comments about her bitching about the snow storms

?

She was born in the Adirondacks

She skiis

That said she and Poyer live in Miami off season and own a big house on a canal.  So it would make total sense that they’d want to put feelers out about a deal with Miami.

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Yea looks like the money is still going to Buffalo. But how the hell is BUF +550 and CIN is +1000?!?!

They're not expecting all the All-Pro talent on defense to be hurt again like this year? Milano, who was the only player who has received All-Pro honors and still standing at the end. The other 4 wete ether out injured or playing injured. Poyer is almost for sure gone, but we hopefully should get the other 3 back and fully healthy. Add Milano and that's 4 former All-Pros on defense again next year. 

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Unfortunately part of the business of running a football team under the salary cap is that you have to pick and choose who gets paid.

If we can keep one of Poyer, Oliver, or Edmunds, I read between the lines of what McDermott and what Beane said and it’s going to be Edmunds.

Probably right. Edmunds is pretty young too. He had a better year than Oliver. Age working against Poyer returning, but he was a great player for us. 

On 1/22/2023 at 11:01 PM, Chicagobills said:

You deserve better. You were a great player here and hope the best for you 

The dude put his mind on the Cinci game being last and his communication last game? STUNK. And I would love to use harsher words on these forums but I cant...

BEFORE LAST GAME.... Thanks for all you did! but for now? dont let the door hit you on the way out.

I feel strongly about the hate I had for that Video he made and it showed his mind was not with Buffalo.

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Yeah I don’t see them paying top dollar for a 32 year old SS with injury issues. That would be asinine to make him a rotational player 

If you don't even think it's realistic, then why would you start a pointless rumor thread suggesting that it might happen based on some Twitter nonsense? :doh:

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

If you don't even think it's realistic, then why would you start a pointless rumor thread suggesting that it might happen based on some Twitter nonsense? :doh:

I didn’t mean to put don’t. That’s a typo I actually do see the dolphins signing him. They’re known for overpaying for washed up players

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

So if we don't keep Poyer, Edmunds can just slide into the same position he's played for 5 years...strong safety. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/23/2023 at 4:02 AM, Jerome007 said:

Man that dude was awesome! But he really played bad in these 2 playoff games. I suspect an injury as otherwise he's been so good.

He is playing on a torn meniscus. By rights he should have been on IR weeks ago. Has been an awesome Bill. Sad that his final game was probably his worst in the uniform. 

But I wish the best for him and his family too. 

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Oliver is here anyway next year. But I wouldn't be surprised if he got the Edmunds treatment of playing on the option. I think Ed was outstanding when healthy this year but he was nicked up a lot. They might wanna take another year to make a call on him for the long term. 

Edmunds on the option definitely had his best year as a Bill. I said before the season it was 50/50 on them signing him. I now strongly believe they will. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Oliver is already under contract.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.