Thank you Jordan Poyer

Chicagobills

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2023 at 3:34 PM, RocCityRoller said:

I also know its time to start moving on from him and a few other guys from that for cap consideration and age.

I for one wish he signs with Miami so Diggs, Shakir and our yet-to-come 2 studs will take advantage of his waning skills and abuse him twice a season. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, boater said:

Poyer is dead to me.

I knew he was a competitor, but I never took him to be a vindictive prima-donna.

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/jordan-poyer-instagram-deleted-photos-free-agency/

The guy gave us 100%, put his body on the line every damn week.  Deleting some photos doesn't make him a prima donna, he behaved  exactly the opposite all season long, especially when you factor in his injuries and his contract situation.  He can delete whatever he wants, doesn't change what he did for this ball club.  Love the guy.

Edited by bouds
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, boater said:

Poyer is dead to me.

I knew he was a competitor, but I never took him to be a vindictive prima-donna.

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/jordan-poyer-instagram-deleted-photos-free-agency/

This is the trend when players get into negotiations in multiple sports. Not sure why it matters to anyone. There’s always factors fans are not privy to. For all we know they told him things and didn’t follow through. Maybe he’s just literally done with the organization. Maybe his feelings are hurt he has to leave and doesn’t want to see the pictures. No need to crucify the guy. He earned every penny here and he deserves every penny he can get on the market. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, SDS said:

there was no reason to bring up this old post a month later when the subject line isn’t indicative of the news.

Sorry. I'm just loathe to start a new thread. New thread starters get BBQ'd here.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, boater said:

Sorry. I'm just loathe to start a new thread. New thread starters get BBQ'd here.

not ones that are a month old. People complain about a new topic when the same topic was made an hour ago. 

• Dislike 1

On 1/22/2023 at 11:26 PM, Chicagobills said:

Yes he deserves better 100%

Weren't we the ones who took a shot on him after most the league passed and in turn he developed to be an all pro in our heavily safety dependent defense as he played a kids game making millions of dollars and received tons of love from our fan base? This is still a business and if it becomes our business to give out contracts based on lifetime achievement awards we will be out of business. Good luck Poyer, you're a warrior and will be missed.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boater said:

Poyer is dead to me.

Sorry, but when I leave TBD, I’m taking down all photos of me on here. Yall can kiss my ass. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Can we delete this thread and start over?

It's really weird to be thanking Jordan Poyer and also saying "you deserve better" in the original post.

He went from depth player on the Browns to starter and all-pro on a perennial playoff contender. He was surrounded by players he loved.

The Bills did perfectly fine by him and now he's set up for a big payday. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boater said:

Poyer is dead to me.

Not vindictive as much as indicative that he’s not handling buffalo saying no thanks. 

he doesn’t owe the bills anything…. And they don’t owe him anything. 

imo was and will be a jag in almost any other scheme. 

good luck to him 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.