Man just about every single person on ESPN picking the Bengals

78thealltimegreat

40 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The narrative about a bumbling Allen is correct, sorry, I know it is a bummer but it is real.  

Bumbling means incompetent, you're looking to stir up. Put on ignore time!

37 minutes ago, eball said:

Balderdash.  "Bumbling" Allen made about five or six throws in that game no other NFL QB even attempts.  Brown cut off his route on the first INT, Beasley had the ball bounce off his chest on the 2nd, and Josh was blindsided to lose the fumble for the third TO.  In exactly what way is Josh "bumbling."  These are clownish takes.

Yeah  right Josh is incompetent , poster is another clown.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Half the Inside the NFL crew picked us to cover the spread (-5 at the time). 

Now that makes a lot of sense.

This could be reminiscent of the Chiefs-Bengals Championship game  when Chiefs O Line was all beat up and KC got destroyed.  Cinci o line is a similar disaster right now.  Lets see what type of pass rush we can muster.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No pressure huh.

This has been a recurrent theme by Sports talking heads trying to fill air time and make a controversy and identify which team has "more pressure".  

As is the 'bumbling' narrative but I suppose we choose what we want to regurgitate 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, biLLyBuFFs said:

After last game's turnovers, it's not hard to make that pick if you're not a Bill's homer 

Recency bias. That game -and certainly not the turnovers that occurred in it - has zero bearing on what will happen Sunday afternoon. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

The Bengals have played more mistake-free football than the Bills by a wide margin, and if the game becomes a shootout the Bengals have two elite weapons (Chase, Boyd) compared to our one (Diggs).

Can’t hate on anyone on the outside who picks them in this game, there’s enough objective reasons to justify it. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, Boyd. The elite weapon.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Josh doesn't have any problem with pressure...he was slinging it all over the place on Sunday.  The turnovers were bad but none were "awful" mistakes by Josh.

I might agree, I might not agree - can you help me understand what you mean by "awful" mistakes?

I think a number of throws that were a bit off target were affected by pressure.

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I might agree, I might not agree - can you help me understand what you mean by "awful" mistakes?

I think a number of throws that were a bit off target were affected by pressure.

I’m specifically talking about the turnovers.  The throw to Brown was a miscommunication, the throw to Beasley was on the money, just a good play by the defense (that could have been called DPI), and a blindside sack.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

The Bengals have played more mistake-free football than the Bills by a wide margin, and if the game becomes a shootout the Bengals have two elite weapons (Chase, Boyd) compared to our one (Diggs).

Can’t hate on anyone on the outside who picks them in this game, there’s enough objective reasons to justify it. 🤷‍♂️

While the mistakes you reference are accurate, only looking at the TOs is akin to only looking at the missed 3 pt shots in a basketball game. The Bills have a more aggressive game plan, a higher risk - a higher reward, philosophy. If one only looks at the higher risks (more TOs) and not the higher rewards (more TDs) they're missing half the equation. We're winning games; as many games as any team in the AFC. Perhaps the more aggressive play by Josh is working???

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

there's absolutely massive pressure on the Bills to at least get to the AFCC game.  

Same for Bengals.. Joe B is the darling over JA for some reason. So pressure on both. Actually think it’s good that Josh is getting a bit of negative from the media.. he’s fully aware of it. But he’s the guy who can fix it. I suspect you will see against the better opponents a more selective Josh. But can’t temper it too much, it’s part why he’s the best in the nfl when he’s on it. Think we see his best effort on Sunday 👍

4 hours ago, H2o said:

It's the same bobbleheads who will try and feed to the mentally challenged that Josh Allen has regressed or is somehow a bad QB. 

Yes, such regression 😆 how can he function without BD. It’s gotten silly. The national media give wide brush assessments… Bills fans watch each snap of the entire season. Shady gives zero ***** west media says.. he knows Josh will Uber focus against better teams intuition essentially 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.