Bill's offense highest graded of the weekend Games. Defense second best.

Chaos

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Feel free to hate on PFF. But this is how they saw the games this weekend. 

image.thumb.png.820deef9ec2f18abd8aa8cc87b873e0f.png

Josh Allen led offense #1.   Defense second best after the Ravens.  

I mean they were explosive and scored a bunch but they also helped keep Miami in the game and helped give them the lead too.

I just would have preferred them to not be so hellbent on trying to blow the Dolphins out. That would have likely made the game far easier to watch as a Bills fan and far less competitive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Well I struggle to find a place to add this so I will post this here.

I was In college when wide right happened 😳 all the other guys on the swim team were giants fans.  

But our team got to the Big dance.

17 years of yuk and we all watched Champlained a little but not bad.

The tyrod years were bad never a big play or really something to cheer about if he got 180 yards in the air we were happy.

The moral of the story is sit back and enjoy 😉 the ride B word 10 years from know.

We are 14-3 let's play this one out 1 game at a time.

And yah our offense is pretty good the score is not reflecting what it should have been.

But I for one can look at the TV type on my laptop, and see the clock at zero count to 2 and the ball has,still not been snapped.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Stats don’t always tell the story. Bills should’ve blown out the fish with those stats but….

But what?  

Fluky sack fumble for a TD mean that the Bengals or Jaguars (4 INTs) offense was better then ours?

The eye test to me was we looked fantastic but took a bad sack and a bad drop for Shakir that would have led to a blowout.  

I listened to the opening segment of the WGR morning show.  My God the stupid.  Does anyone in Buffalo watch other games??  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

But what?  

Fluky sack fumble for a TD mean that the Bengals or Jaguars (4 INTs) offense was better then ours?

The eye test to me was we looked fantastic but took a bad sack and a bad drop for Shakir that would have led to a blowout.  

I listened to the opening segment of the WGR morning show.  My God the stupid.  Does anyone in Buffalo watch other games??  

It was a 3 point game in which the Bills D had to come up big at the end. Point is stats don’t always tell the story. I get your point, take away the self inflicted wounds and it’s a Bills blowout. Hopefully we don’t see those same mistakes against the cats. 

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

That chart says we also had the #1 rated pass blocking unit- as we gave up 7 sacks. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I mean they were explosive and scored a bunch but they also helped keep Miami in the game and helped give them the lead too.

I just would have preferred them to not be so hellbent on trying to blow the Dolphins out. That would have likely made the game far easier to watch as a Bills fan and far less competitive.

I think that was on Josh.  Could be Dorsey too, but there were plenty of plays where guys underneath were open, Josh decided to let it rip. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

That chart says we also had the #1 rated pass blocking unit- as we gave up 7 sacks. 

I think that was on Josh.  Could be Dorsey too, but there were plenty of plays where guys underneath were open, Josh decided to let it rip. 

Yep, that’s the grade that does not make sense here either…

There are stats to tell whatever story you want to hear.  Personally I wont be satisfied if they are the best rated team next week but lose the game.   There are a lot of things that stats dont take into account.  For instance up by three and you go bomb, bomb, attempted bomb/sack, punt.  That looks like 2 incompletes and a sack.  What about the decision making?  Dont make as many mistakes as last week and just win the games.    Looking at it optimistically, maybe some adversity vs Miami will be a bit of a wake up call that they might not be able to overcome vs Cinci or KC.

• Agree 1

The offense is incredible.  How you manage to score 34 points with 3 turnovers and 7 sacks is ridiculous.

If the Bills can limit the mistakes they could score 50.  It's finding that balance between pushing it to score and pushing it too hard and making mistakes that is the issue right now.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

I don't know if there's a stat for it, but the Bills offense with Allen must have the highest margin for error in the NFL.  No other team can make the mistakes that Buffalo makes, especially on offense and still has a good chance to win.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

The Bills have been the most complete team in the league this year. #1 rated team overall DVOA.

49ers are the hottest team right now. #1 team weighted DVOA. Bills are #2.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-efficiency/2022/regular

That rating alone won't win you the Super Bowl, but I think this the most resilient Bills team we've seen yet and that gives them an edge.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.