1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

Happy we were good enough to survive all the blunders today  Hopefully they ball more mistake free next week  Maybe we got the sloppy done and over with

Been sloppy since the bye. I guess it’s encouraging that the Bills get the wins in spite of them but a good team is going to take advantage at some point. But I digress. 

I’ll just stuff my head in the sand and join the “we’re unstoppable” crowd. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I would like to switch Dorsey with someone else - Reich? - during the post season. It's not a criticism of Dorsey as such but, as someone has just said, I believe he and Josh are too similar in personality and it's resulting in too many risky big plays. The Bills need someone to calm Josh down and tell him to take what's on offer at times. Not wind him up and let him go long over and over again. The two series near the end of fourth were bad considering the circumstances.

The weird thing is before the bye the offense seemed far more balanced. Not sure what's happened since then.

Josh has done that at times his whole career.  He can get it out at times but it comes back.  

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Some things didn’t go right in a playoff win so we have to fire someone?   This is number 2 scoring offense number two in yards best in third down conversion.  Miami knows them well and plays aggressively which was a good game plan because they have players up front. 

let’s not fire anyone ok!

This sounds like when my teen kids would argue with me.

Just exaggerate for dramatic effect.

"So fine, if you won't buy me a nice car I will just have to walk to school, and fail everything when I am late every day."

"Well, there is a bus son."

The offense played well enough to win and poorly enough to lose. The adults can probably handle discussing both.

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The Dolphins blitzed heavy like they always do. That's why we took so many deep throws 1 on 1.

Can't say they won with the DL besides a handful of plays

They've done this every time we played them. It's part of there plan. They either don't expect Josh to hit on it every time or expect a TO. 

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

On the second Bills drive of the game, Josh beat a cover 0 blitz with a long pass to Diggs that set the first TD. We love those plays when they work.

That was the second drive of the game. Not late in the fourth with a narrow lead and a shattered defense.

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I can't remember so many deep balls whilst holding a narrow lead late in the fourth under Daboll.

I think most agree.  Seems like that would be the time you'd like to dink and dunk (and run) to grind out the win and run out the clock.

• Agree 4

31 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I didn't notice Espenesa or Rousseau at all day, but my boy Boogie (from Wake Forest) was a force

Yea . Mostly agree . Only problem w boogie is he has DT speed , and they’re playing him as edge. Mahommes or purdy or hurts are going to fly around him all day every day and break their backs 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.