1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Hall of farmers lol...can you at least look at there offensive stats before posting this.

You know what I’m getting at… I don’t care about stats… There a ***** team with a 3rd string quarterback that put up 31 points and almost beat us

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

There were two huge calls which, had they gone the Bills way, could have led to a more comfortable afternoon - the Knox 'catch' in the end zone and the non-penalty on the Beasley interception.

I could totally see how that Knox call could have been a call stands by the refs. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Been sloppy since the bye. I guess it’s encouraging that the Bills get the wins in spite of them but a good team is going to take advantage at some point. But I digress. 

I’ll just stuff my head in the sand and join the “we’re unstoppable” crowd. 

Wake me up when we have that game where we put "everything together". We play like that next week we're getting bounced.

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Holy **** I just saw Allen got sacked 7 times. That has to be a record for him?

Miami did a great job with their rush. Blitzed and played man, but didn’t allow a single explosive run by Allen and actually managed to sack him in the pocket most of the time.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

The officiating was atrocious today but these teams know each other and it's gonna be a tough game regardless of the ridiculous spread. Another playoff win for McDermott. Onto Cincinnati, probably 

Agree but they sealed the win for the Bills. 

Definitely not pretty and mental errors like we made this week will send us home next week but nice to live to fight another day. Was glad Bease and Davis seemed to play well. That INT was just a great D play. Hopefully this is a nice smack in the face for everyone.  Emotionally with everything that has gone on this season, the Damar game last week and being favored by so much, really showed in my opinion after 1qtr.  The team of destiny crap may have led to some sugar J moments. This game was a smack in the face that may, hopefully be a good thing.  Although an amazing moment, I think 51-3 led to loss of focus the next week and 25 results. Who knows. Go Bills. 

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

The Dolphins had 42 rushing yards.  How do you do that with an invisible DT?    

I know most people here are just happy to see the Bills struggle so they can point out every potential flaw ans pretend they see the real game when no one else does. But the reality is... this is a good team with a lot of good players.   We’re in the Divisional round.. again.  And hosting it, because of players like Oliver.  

Not every player sucks.  Enjoy just a little bit having a team win games in Buffalo.  Its kinda nice when you stop criticizing everyone. 

Other than some 3rd and very long plays they continue to give up, I thought the defense played pretty well.

They had a few opportunities during those few long scoring drives where they could have gotten off the field. Just needed better execution and tackling.

Regardless, they were not the reason this game got as close as it did.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

You know what I’m getting at… I don’t care about stats… There a ***** team with a 3rd string quarterback that put up 31 points and almost beat us

The Dolphins offense put up barley over 200 yards of total offense.  Turnovers are what helped them.

34 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

On the second Bills drive of the game, Josh beat a cover 0 blitz with a long pass to Diggs that set the first TD. We love those plays when they work.

Nobody complained last week either, when Josh hit Diggs on the bomb on 3rd and 10 with under nine minutes to play when only leading by five. They’re called kill shots for a reason. I hope teams continue to play Cover-0 because those plays are there to be made because our guys get open on those routes with freqency.

4 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

He led an O that put up over 30 PTS vs our D.  What do you think elite qb’s will do?

More accurate, would be saying that his defense/ST contributed ALOT toward that number.

Thompson and the Dolphins offense, sustained basically 2-3 drives. 

Credit to the Dolphins defense for forcing those turnovers, and their scheme today.  They took away a big part of makes Josh and our offense dangerous, and that's his escapability/rushing yards.  They limited that by dropping a safety and using the S or LB to lurk/spy.  Also their DTs seemed to keep great gap integrity. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.