1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I am.  You'd think we lost.

Miami plays us tough under McDaniel. So what. He's a .500 coach that limped into the 7 Seed.  We're not going to revamp the roster to beat Miami.

That said, this OL needs work in the off-season. Josh needs to be a bit more 2020 and a bit less 2019.

I agree with almost all

of this but I do think we will have Miami (as well as some others) in mind when we make moves this off-season. This Dline is still underwhelming, CB are leaving WRs open all over especially the middle and we need a couple play makers in the WR room. I'd like to think the Oline will be built but I just don't think that'll ever happen u til Buffalo stops relying on Superman josh. 

49 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Worst all around game of the season comes in the playoffs.  Coaching consistently doesn’t have this team prepared to play.  Sloppiest, dumbest football I’ve ever seen.  

Game plans were fine but execution was crap m, that’s on players. In-game adjustments also kinda crappy on O due to unanticipated events, that’s on coaching. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

He hasn’t completed more than 63% of passes since the first NE match up. Today was particularly frustrating for me today because it feels like this is the QB he’s been for the last month or two. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

Absolutely 

If we go on a run we need yop notch play calling.

More RPOs

More easy passes over the middle, less complicated,  low percentage passes

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, downunderbill said:

That was a tough one and tough to watch, and Buffalo did as much damage to themselves as Miami did. Agree with the positive and negative views of the current state of the Bills but we are still alive and remember, Miami was built to beat the Bills😉

Anyway, it's new week now on to Jacksonville.

On to Jax? You think the Ravens are gonna beat the Bengals tonight? Gutsy call and I’d love to see it.

5 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

That was a tough one and tough to watch, and Buffalo did as much damage to themselves as Miami did. Agree with the positive and negative views of the current state of the Bills but we are still alive and remember, Miami was built to beat the Bills😉

Anyway, it's new week now on to Jacksonville.

Ha, love your thinking!

Edited by Pokebball

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No...they need to check *their* arrogance and stop playing with their food before eating it.

I don't agree. The Bills play that game totally different if Tua was playing.

I agree they'd have a different plan but what the heck were they planning today? A 3rd string QB with no threat of a real running game. Give tua the ball in the field position that Buffalo gave them and some of those FG would be TDs. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

He hasn’t completed more than 63% of passes since the first NE match up. Today was particularly frustrating for me today because it feels like this is the QB he’s been for the last month or two. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

I disagree.  Allen had 4 passes that could and should have been completed.  TD to Diggs, TD to Knox both ruled incomplete.  Deep pass to Shakir incomplete.  The pick that hit Beasley in the chest and became a pick.  Guys need to catch that stuff.

Biggest surprise for me: Morse going after Christian Wilkins, ripping his helmet off and carrying it away as a prize (along with the rest of the OL piling on)

I think of Morse as the contained, mannerly professional, but he was having NONE of that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, appoo said:

DLine won today. By a good margin as well. The DEs weren’t making splash plays, but they were winning battles and moving the QB from what I recall 

They did have some success today, but against a third stringer starting a playoff game on the road you would hope for SOME success. 

Dolphins pass rush was consistently relentless and overall much stronger than ours. If we had played to that level, it would be more in line with the expectations from the investments we’ve made in the d line, imo. 

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I would agree with you, if it weren't for the deep shots late in the fourth quarter. No logic, not necessarily and put unneeded pressure back on the defense.

I didn't like those plays either.  We were all screaming at the TV.  Not sure if that was Allen being stubborn or Dorsey losing it.  Maybe both.  But in 2 of the Bills 3 possessions during that time they erased a 24 - 20 deficit and got ahead 34 - 24.  And that was because Allen calmed down and started slicing and dicing the fish.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Miami blitzed a lot and the Bills essentially had no hot route. I guess the hot route is chucking it 50 yards.

Quick slants to Beas or Diggs...high percentage throws.  

Not sure what they were doing today.

Type A, run through a wall type QB meets type A run through a wall type OC.

We need to stay calmer and play smart as well. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I'm not sure I'll be able to cope with three more games like that! But if it means the Bills win the Super Bowl, I'll suck it up.

Sure you can. Only problem was that this was Miami with Thompson at QB and we did not expect it.

If we beat Cincy like this everybody will be happy.

That's why I say - go Bengals tonight. Bring them on. No more underdogs like Jags.

• Like (+1) 1

and they show Leslie on the sideline, his winter hat all discombobulated and he just got that 13 seconds look on his face lol. i don't mean to rag on the guy but damn you just wonder how much is scheme vs talent on defense, and then crazy Dorsey in the booth, JA needs a steady hand at times. Go Bills i hope these coordinators pull it together and coach a great game the next few weeks and Mcdermott doesn't coach scared in the big moment and manages the clock and his timeouts/challenges effectively, or he is not getting past his mentor Andy Reid. Go Bills!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.