Seahawks @ 49ers Playoff game thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

One of my pet peeves in this league.

These coaches should know the TO is more valuable than 5 measly yards.

Not necessarily. They are in a key 3rd and manageable situation at 3rd and 5th. The odds of convering. 3rd and 5 are significantly higher than a 3rd and 10.

Also since they are in fringe FG range they might have went for it if they didn't convert on 3rd and 5. No way they are going to go for it on 4rd and 10.

• Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

49ers D is overrated.

They did do a pretty good job the last two games against the Seahawks. They've had a soft schedule (in terms of playing good offenses). Reminds me of the Bills last year when they had the #1 defense but everyone saw they had a good not great Defense

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

One of my pet peeves in this league.

These coaches should know the TO is more valuable than 5 measly yards.

This is why I always say, I would take a delay of game over burning a timeout always. Those timeouts are too valuable to use on just 5 yards

2 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

They did do a pretty good job the last two games against the Seahawks. They've had a soft schedule (in terms of playing good offenses). Reminds me of the Bills last year when they had the #1 defense but everyone saw they had a good not great Defense

San Fran played KC and got 44 hung on them.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not necessarily. They are in a key 3rd and manageable situation at 3rd and 5th. The odds of convering. 3rd and 5 are significantly higher than a 3rd and 10.

Also since they are in fringe FG range they might have went for it if they didn't convert on 3rd and 5. No way they are going to go for it on 4rd and 10.

Yeah, there are circumstances where it's the right call.

I was referring more to coaches automated habit of doing it every time they see the clock about to expire.

80% of the time, just take the penalty.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.