Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened *UPDATE* Hyde out WC and Divisional

Process

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I don't understand what you're saying.  Being medically cleared to practice is drastically different than playing a game.  

Ask Tre.

He's in a non-contact jersey today.

Everyone waits 8 months to play during off-season,  does that make them not ready because of the long wait?

I assume if they activate them, they are ready...

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

McKenzie has been a big disappointment.  I didn't think Crowder seemed to have much chemistry with Josh back when he was healthy.  I'm glad he may be available, but Beasley's chemistry with Josh is immediately evident.

I've got to assume Beas is going to get playing time this post season.  Otherwise, there was no point bringing him back.

6 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Frankly, in comparison to Hyde, Crowder is an afterthought.

Disagree.  Crowder is as good or better than any WR on this team right not named Diggs.  

Davis - What a disappointment he’s been.  51% catch rate, lacks focus and awareness out on the field and is playing with a lack of confidence.  You can see how dejected he is after every missed opportunity by him.  

McKenzie - His best attributes are speed and rapport with Josh.  But he is not good in traffic and drops too many passes.

Beasley - He isn’t the guy he used to be.

Brown - Yes he made a big play, but he was cut multiple times after leaving Buffalo, not sure he has enough in the tank to be a feature player and is better suited for making some plays here and there.  Also, he isn’t a slot player and if he is to take snaps from someone it’s probably Davis.

Shakir - Can’t seem to crack the rotation yet despite struggles at slot position on this team all year.

If Crowder can get some timing down with Josh, he could be the boost we have been needing out of the slot assuming he also gets his game conditioning amped up quickly too.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Everyone waits 8 months to play during off-season,  does that make them not ready because of the long wait?

I assume if they activate them, they are ready...

And they go through contact in training camp and in the preseason.  Hyde hasn't been hit since September and had neck surgery in October.

How much time elapsed between Tre being activated and him playing?

Edited by Billz4ever

Great news! Here’s my lukewarm take:

Hyde

-I’m on record saying IF he can come back it takes our defense up a level. (Side note: it’s such a shame we’ll never get to see what this defense could’ve done at full strength, or at least more than a couple weeks of both Hyde & Von Miller)

-As long as he’s in a non-contact jersey, I’ll keep my hopes low or medium. If he’s not medically cleared for contact, there’s no path to getting into a game. 
-If (when???) he gets cleared for contact in practice, it seems likely to me that he’ll also be cleared for contact in a game, and it’s on.

-But even if he’s fully cleared, there’s a lot of questions. Is he in game shape? Does he trust his body? Can he play with confidence? But if anyone can pull this off, it’s probably Hyde. 

Crowder

-Already in a regular contact jersey, which is great. I think it’s likely that he’s available next week if we advance. 
-Crowder isn’t difference maker like Hyde IMO, but he’s a nice player at an important position that needs depth and versatility. 
-Crowder was our best slot option against zone before he got hurt. Showed reliable hands and better speed/quickness than I expected. He’s one of those guys who can be a reliable chain mover if called upon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Giving credit where credit is due, your ability to point out the obvious is second to none!  

I was responding to someone saying that they hope Hyde can get in 2 weeks of practice and return for the AFCCG…..

2 weeks of practice will get him back for the divisional round.  

so obvious

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

If Hyde actually lines up back there,  he doesn't even need to hit anyone.  Just cover dudes. He's incredibly valuable calling out plays to the DB's as he can recognize stuff pre-snap that others can't.

Not expecting him to have to hit anyone just isn't realistic.  Covering and hitting go hand-in-hand.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Disagree.  Crowder is as good or better than any WR on this team right not named Diggs.  

Davis - What a disappointment he’s been.  51% catch rate, lacks focus and awareness out on the field and is playing with a lack of confidence.  You can see how dejected he is after every missed opportunity by him.  

McKenzie - His best attributes are speed and rapport with Josh.  But he is not good in traffic and drops too many passes.

Beasley - He isn’t the guy he used to be.

Brown - Yes he made a big play, but he was cut multiple times after leaving Buffalo, not sure he has enough in the tank to be a feature player and is better suited for making some plays here and there.  Also, he isn’t a slot player and if he is to take snaps from someone it’s probably Davis.

Shakir - Can’t seem to crack the rotation yet despite struggles at slot position on this team all year.

If Crowder can get some timing down with Josh, he could be the boost we have been needing out of the slot assuming he also gets his game conditioning amped up quickly too.  

Just a couple points to the bolded...

Drop rate is more significant than catch rate, and Davis's is terrible at 14% dropped (that means catchable balls that he has dropped, this should be under 10% for sure). He is hurting us. 

Shakir is getting lots of reps, just not lots of targets from Josh. He is seeing the field and running routes, just not being thrown to for whatever reason. 

Not disagreeing with anything, or agreeing, just adding context. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wyobills89 said:

If we make the AFC championship I'd love to potentially get hyde back, don't think I want to see him out there before that though. Give him 2 weeks of practice to see how he is feeling and try and get his body in football shape.

He'll have 10 days. I don't want Marlowe starting if he doesn't have to vs the Bengals. 

If Hyde feels good and he has full medical clearance with zero risk of injury to his spine, I want him out there. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.