Steelers radio debates signing Tremaine Edmunds

Einstein

Tremaine does a lot for what our Defense asks from him. I don't get the hate for him on this board. He is probably due 13-15M/yr and I don't think we'd be better off at the position without him. We aren't drafting high and I dunno that we are going to be able to replace him through the draft or FA without spending about what he's going to sign for anyway.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 13
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Tremaine does a lot for what our Defense asks from him. I don't get the hate for him on this board. He is probably due 13-15M/yr and I don't think we'd be better off at the position without him. We aren't drafting high and I dunno that we are going to be able to replace him through the draft or FA without spending about what he's going to sign for anyway.

He’s getting way more than that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s getting way more than that. 

I've been a big critic of his but I must confess that I think he has taken a big step up this year.

That said, there is no way I would offer him much more than what we paid Milano. I would let him walk if he wants more than 12-13 mil per year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

12 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I've been a big critic of his but I must confess that I think he has taken a big step up this year.

That said, there is no way I would offer him much more than what we paid Milano. I would let him walk if he wants more than 12-13 mil per year.

Then consider him gone if that’s the case-  we’d be lucky to get him for 15M atm imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, gtw3 said:

That's the "100 million dollar" question.

Interesting ...because these Steelers guys think that Milano got paid " a ton of money" ... $10M a year...!

Milano in my opinion has left some money on the table with his deal with is "team friendly"..... probably at least $10M over the four years and likely more... 

At least he will be able to console himself that he did the " mafia" proud.... and in 4 years time when he retires , we will lift up our drinks and salute him for saving us some cap ... whilst we look ahead to the next draft...

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.