Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

D Hop last 2 years - 10 games and 9 games.  Last year he averaged 79.7 ypg, which is just a bit better than his career average of 77.9 or his Zona average of 77 (but down a bit from 78.2 in HOU)

The question comes down to the injury history etc. 

In 2021, he was bothered by a series of nagging injuries - ribs, hamstring, and then finally an MCL tear.

Last season, he missed the first 6 games because he was suspended for PED use, then was injured again and did not play in the last 2 games due to a "grade 1 knee sprain" (grade 1 means no tearing) - whether he could have gone if the games meant something, we won't know.

But, he'll also be 32, an age when the length of the football season takes its toll and injuries start to mount.

If anyone is interested, Draft Sharks gives his injury history, and calculates his chance of an injury at 58% for next season, with the projection he'll miss 3 games.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/deandre-hopkins/6679

The new guy a lot of folks are enthusiastic about has recurring hammy problems, btw

Yep.. serious injury and PED suspension … probably why the market is acting cautiously about acquiring him 

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I blame Josh for not having the #1 seed. Couldn't throw a ball to a WIDE OPEN McKenzie in the Miami game, the fumble in the end zone against Minny and the stupid int's in the red zone. I blame Dorsey for not forcing Josh to use the short game and take what was available. I blame Frazier for not playing more press. I blame injuries, one heck of a challenging year inside and outside of football. 

There's a lot of blame to go around, but everyone just dumps on Davis. Did he drop passes he should have caught? Sure. But it wasn't all his fault for where we ended.

Gabe literally disappeared in about 9 of 16 games. I dont understand how anyone is missing this. He made Josh and Diggs job infintely harder, basically playing a half season 10 v 11

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, mathja said:

How much of the contract would the Cardinals eat? Could they lower the cap hit for the bills significantly? I would think doing that is worth a higher pick. They would be accommodating the bills and their cap situation.

I don't think the Cardinals are gonna eat anything on his salary.  If I'm doing the math correctly, they're going to eat $22.6M of amortized bonuses of various sorts accelerating onto this year's cap with a trade. 

They do have $21.4M cap space, but that would gobble down almost all of it.

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

64% catch rate to 51%
5% drop rate to 9%

That’s cherry picking stats. Davis was used primarily on deep routes last year. If you had selected YPC and TD’s it looks very different. 

Don’t get me wrong, Jeudy runs good routes and would be excellent in this offense, but it’s not a big enough upgrade to justify giving up a 1st. Especially when you need to give him a big contract next season. 

I’d rather take DHop and keep the 1st. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Some prophet you are. You said 114 before. This is like those fellas who read the Book of Revelation and set a date for the end of the world. When it doesn't happen, they recalculate.

Nah, that wasn’t me.  

Are you implying that I can’t predict the future?!  Rude 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Disagree about any back sliding my friend. We will again be in the conversation for SB

Yes we are still in the conversation for a SB.  We are still contenders.  

Like I said - ODDS. 

I’m not dangling next year’s first.   Unless I was getting back an elite WR going in to their prime.   

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Who don’t make the decisions on player acquisition 

Thank goodness! 

Owners write checks for football people, or at least the good ones do. 

EDIT: I think we can get to 200 pages by the end of this weekend!!!  😋

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Gabe literally disappeared in about 9 of 16 games. I dont understand how anyone is missing this. He made Josh and Diggs job infintely harder, basically playing a half season 10 v 11

This is what I am talking about. Everyone blames Davis. What about the oline that couldn't block, a OC that couldn't adjust to what was being given, a running game that was lacking, Josh's mistakes and bad throws. Everyone made Allen and Diggs jobs harder.

It wasn't one player (Davis). But if you guys just want to dump on Davis because it's the cool thing and you want Hopkins, have at it. But unless the oline, call plays and running game improve it won't matter much. We were 13-3 in the regular season and 2 of the losses were on Josh. So, Davis cost us 1 game (Jets). NOBODY showed up for the Ciny game. Great, let's spend a 2, 3 and Cap space. Why not. 😔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1