Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Billsy or not, we win a super bowl with Hopkins, sig it.  You aren’t stopping Diggs + Hopkins with Allen throwing the ball. With good WR depth like Davis and Shakir eating if teams focus on both Diggs and Hopkins. 

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. But yes Hopkins added to this offense with what we have and added already would be ridiculously hard to stop

Just now, Bruffalo said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but there's no O-Lineman of Hopkins' status available for a trade, much less a presumable cheap-ish trade. 

Just because you have deficiencies in one position group doesn't mean you shouldn't take a golden opportunity to massively increase another.  

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, just that its a ridiculous contention that they're going to win a SB because they added a WR to run routes behind a porous OLine

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

On my admittedly brief dive into interior OL in the draft Avila seemed like a good fit who we could get in round 2. What do you like about him?

He’s one of the best pass protecting linemen in the draft. I’ve skimmed over his stats and game play, and he would absolutely help give Allen the time he needs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Funny listening to Schopp and Bulldog now arguing they want this trade (even expect it now) after disagreeing with callers about it less than 2-weeks ago. 

Well that pretty much mirrors my position on it, so I totally get it.

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Which is why I want to trade for Hopkins and totally dedicate the draft to the oline and a LB

Yeah, after you've traded your first round pick for a guy that probably won't even draw a third. :lol:

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, just that its a ridiculous contention that they're going to win a SB because they added a WR to run routes behind a porous OLine

That's fair.  I do think McGovern is an upgrade from Saffold, but you're right in that I'd like to see them do more (cough cough Spencer Brown). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’m making the assumption that Beane will address the oline in the draft. But generally yes I agree with you, but Hopkins should be the first main piece to get us to where we want to go. That allows us to not have to immediate use a pick on WR in the draft, but instead pick up more protection pieces for Allen. 

Avila is my main target for oline, the dude just stonewalls people. 

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

You do understand that you could put Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson out there and it doesn't mean jack spit if your QB is getting swarmed before he even hits his drop?

I think most of us would agree that we would have rather built this thing differently, but given our circumstances, we have no way to build the type of line in FA signings or the draft that pays dividends quick enough to allow this groups of WR's time to be an actual threat to opposing defenses. We should be bolstering the line heavily in the draft this year no doubt. In the interim, Hopkins will create more issues then just about any other option we can pursue given the way the team is built and the needs we have. He will also open up the ability to really focus on the line in the draft.   

They definitely need to improve the oliine. McGovern and Edwards if healthy could raise the iol to competent which is a huge upgrade from last year. They still need to add. A day one or two pick needs to be brought in at minimum. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, after you've traded your first round pick for a guy that probably won't even draw a third. :lol:

I said I would only do it if KC is offering a 2nd, which it doesn’t sound like they are. Nobody said anything about it being a 2023 pick, it can be a 2024 pick. 

Go get Hopkins and use the entire draft on oline and a LB. That’s my plan. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m making the assumption that Beane will address the oline in the draft. But generally yes I agree with you, but Hopkins should be the first main piece to get us to where we want to go. That allows us to not have to immediate use a pick on WR in the draft, but instead pick up more protection pieces for Allen. 

Avila is my main target for oline, the dude just stonewalls people. 

I really like some of the lineman that should be available to us in this year's draft too. I just won't assume they'll acclimate to the NFL game as rookies. That's pretty rare. The recent 2 good OL the Chiefs picked took 2 years before they were playing consistently for example. Doesn't mean I wouldn't still draft them but...

• Like (+1) 2