Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You are in the minority thinking Josh is better than Mahomes. 

Mahomes would win by a landslide if you polled fans, experts, and coaches. 

Until Allen gets a ring or two or three he will always be Mahomes understudy. It's rings that count brother. 

Mahomes led his average team to a Super Bowl win on one leg. 

Allen's offense scored 10 points in a home playoff game.

Do the math sir...

It's the ultimate team game, and rings are a team accomplishment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Looking at Arizona's cap situation, they're about 12 under right now. I'd imagine they want to get out from Hopkins massive contract. But they aren't in such bad shape that they have to. 

Between that and their actions, says to me that their stance is that they'll move him if someone blows them away with an offer. But if not, they're fine with keeping him.

Our stance is "if the price is right" (as stated by WHAM13's Dan Fetes after talking to team sources) and they're desperate enough that it's a good deal we couldn't pass on, we'll make a trade.

Those two stances just don't line up. 

AZ is just posturing. They aren’t keeping Hopkins this season. It makes no sense to do so with Murray out, new coaches and a rebuild started.  Also it’s the same cap charge whether he’s cut or traded so they’ll get something for him unless they screw it up by holding out too long. My prediction is a deal gets done the week before the draft. 

51 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I doubt that. Too many people fall in love with Allen's arm strength. There's more to playing the QB position than that.

Look how Burrow carved the Bills D with a ***** oline. He's arm isn't anything special. It can be argued that Burrow has surpassed Allen. Burrow has that swag and that it factor. You can feel it in the big games. 

Allen has shown to be careless and reckless with the ball. Thus far, he hasn't led his team nearly as far as Mahomes or Burrows. 

It really doesn't matter because all three QBs are franchise elite QBs. Hopefully, Allen will led the Bills to a Super Bowl.

My ranking in 1 Mahomes

2 Allen and 3 Burrow

Burrows receivers are a big reason he has done so well early on, this is not saying he isn't a very good QB. Allen is the most dangerous multi threat QB in the league. He didn't have the same advantages (training) that Burrow or Patrick had before coming into the NFL. I would put Allen and Patrick as 1A & 1B for the best in the NFL... Burrow isn't far behind, I just feel, Allen doesn't have a ceiling (I am also a homer bills fan). He just keeps getting better. Injuries may have hindered him a lil last season, but that's an excuse, i guess?

• Thank you (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Look how Burrow carved the Bills D with a ***** oline.

Burrow carved us up with an injured O-line because we still somehow couldn't manage a pass rush.  Three cheerleaders, the punter and waterboy could have given Burrow enough time to shred us.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I bet that if you set up a team with a great O line and loaded it with elite skill players and then polled GM's, Owners, Head Coaches & Offensive Coordinators who they would want to QB that team, Allen or Mahomes, Allen would win that poll.

I’d bet you my life savings, investments and everything else you’d be 100% wrong.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Burrow carved us up with an injured O-line because we still somehow couldn't manage a pass rush.  Three cheerleaders, the punter and waterboy could have given Burrow enough time to shred us.

Then that says a lot about the state of the Bills, their players, and the coaching staff. Not a ringing endorsement here. 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Then that says a lot about the state of the Bills, their players, and the coaching staff. Not a ringing endorsement here. 

Shouldn’t be. We have a lame coach who is too soft and too conservative. We have a GM that apparently doesn’t believe we give our star QB weapons. And we don’t have the players good enough in multiple levels to compete with teams that have real shots to win it all every year. 

Edited by mrags
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Shouldn’t be. We have a lame coach who is too soft and too conservative. We have a GM that apparently doesn’t believe we give our star QB weapons. And we don’t have the players good enough in multiple levels to compete with teams that have real shots to win it all every year. 

Sadly, I agree and I wish that I didn't. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I bet that if you set up a team with a great O line and loaded it with elite skill players and then polled GM's, Owners, Head Coaches & Offensive Coordinators who they would want to QB that team, Allen or Mahomes, Allen would win that poll.

The Athletic did exactly that poll (I think minus owners) last year. He came 2nd to Mahomes. He was a strong second, it was by no means a landslide, but Mahomes was 1st. 

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

AZ is just posturing. They aren’t keeping Hopkins this season. It makes no sense to do so with Murray out, new coaches and a rebuild started.  Also it’s the same cap charge whether he’s cut or traded so they’ll get something for him unless they screw it up by holding out too long. My prediction is a deal gets done the week before the draft. 

I think it might even happen post draft. Like the Falcons trade of Julio a couple of years back. 

3 hours ago, mrags said:

I'm not sold that McD can lead this team to a Super Bowl. Make no mistake about it he blew a great chance in 13 seconds. This fan base and local media let him off the hook and treated him with kid gloves. 

Beane has failed to give Allen weapons and adequate protection. I disagree that he doesn't believe in doing so. He just doesn't know how to. Multiple failures on the oline and RB position. 

Hard not to agree that the Bills aren't talented enough. Anyone who watched the Cinci game should see that. I'm not buying the excuse game. A healthy offense scored 10 points and a defensive line couldn't beat multiple oline back ups. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not sold that McD can lead this team to a Super Bowl. Make no mistake about it he blew a great chance in 13 seconds. This fan base and local media let him off the hook and treated him with kid gloves. 

Beane has failed to give Allen weapons and adequate protection. I disagree that he doesn't believe in doing so. He just doesn't know how to. Multiple failures on the oline and RB position. 

Hard not to agree that the Bills aren't talented enough. Anyone who watched the Cinci game should see that. I'm not buying the excuse game. A healthy offense scored 10 points and a defensive line couldn't beat multiple oline back ups. 

This is correct 

sean gets worked in the playoffs and beane somehow still hasn’t figured out that the most vital thing is protecting Allen 

I wonder what This team and Allen look like with elite coaching

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I doubt that. Too many people fall in love with Allen's arm strength. There's more to playing the QB position than that.

Look how Burrow carved the Bills D with a ***** oline. He's arm isn't anything special. It can be argued that Burrow has surpassed Allen. Burrow has that swag and that it factor. You can feel it in the big games. 

Allen has shown to be careless and reckless with the ball. Thus far, he hasn't led his team nearly as far as Mahomes or Burrows. 

It really doesn't matter because all three QBs are franchise elite QBs. Hopefully, Allen will led the Bills to a Super Bowl.

My ranking in 1 Mahomes

2 Allen and 3 Burrow

Any of the top 10 QB’s under Andy Reid would be #1.  Not to take anything away from Pat, but he’s not all world without Reid.  Don’t believe me? Name a QB who didn’t over achieve under Reid.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it might even happen post draft. Like the Falcons trade of Julio a couple of years back. 

Thats certainly possible. I think it has to get resolved before OTAs in May though. They can’t let him come in for those. If he got injured at those they could be on the hook for his whole salary. 

57 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Any of the top 10 QB’s under Andy Reid would be #1.  Not to take anything away from Pat, but he’s not all world without Reid.  Don’t believe me? Name a QB who didn’t over achieve under Reid.

Food for thought: Maybe it's the same with Daboll? Look at how Daniel Jones performed last year. 

Interesting huh? 

1 hour ago, Jerboski said:

This is correct 

sean gets worked in the playoffs and beane somehow still hasn’t figured out that the most vital thing is protecting Allen 

I wonder what This team and Allen look like with elite coaching

With elite coaching comes elite schemes and playoff success. 

No doubt Allen would have hoisted at least one Lombardi Trophy by now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Food for thought: Maybe it's the same with Daboll? Look at how Daniel Jones performed last year. 

Interesting huh? 

With elite coaching comes elite schemes and playoff success. 

No doubt Allen would have hoisted at least one Lombardi Trophy by now. 

Daniel Jones threw 15 touchdown passes. 15. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree, and have called the O-line "The Turnstyle" in the past.  My point is, while Burrow is good, he had far more time in the pocket then Allen did/does.  People can't compare the two QBs based solely on personal performance against each other.  Allen in his place that game likely would have annihilated the Bills D.