NFL Week #18 - Around the NFL Saturday edition

BuffaloBill

22 minutes ago, Billznut said:

We are going to need the Chargers to beat Jax next weekend and go to KC cause there is zero chance the Jags can go to Arrowhead and win. 

If it's the Chargers, they will be going to to KC no doubt. This game was Jags Vs Henry and it took a pick 6 to create a gap

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Jacksonville will be at home next week vs. either the Chargers (If LAC win or BAL lose tomorrow) or the Ravens (if the Ravens win and the Chargers lose).

Yep and hopefully it’s the LAC that plays Jax and then beats them because I think LAC are the only WC team that has a legitimate chance to go into Arrowhead and win, albeit not a huge chance. 

• Agree 1

Too lazy to research-  

Who do we play if:  

We beat NE,

NYJ beats Miami 

Cleveland beats Pittsburgh

do we play NE?  
oh man, this would be epic and my desired outcome.  

I’d be super confidant vs Pittsburgh too, but Watt, Hayward and Minkah are much scary than what NE brings to the table imo.  

• Agree 1

2nd round of the playoffs looking like it could possibly be: Chargers @ Chiefs and Bengals @ Billls. Any of those teams could win and those 4 QBs are all top 5 QBs in the league rn

I'm going to say the first round will be:

Dolphins @ Bills

Ravens @ Bengals

Chargers @ Jaguars

Just now, NewEra said:

Too lazy to research-  

Who do we play if:  

We beat NE,

NYJ beats Miami 

do we play NE?  

I’d be super confidant vs Pittsburgh too, but Watt, Hayward and Minkah are much scary than what NE brings to the table imo.  

It would be New England

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Spot in but it won't be a popular view here. 

I wouldn’t trade Josh for anyone though. He’s a great fit for the Bills and I love his character more than that of the other two. He’s deadly on foot and through the air. Burrow is only a real threat in the pocket although he can run a bit. Mahomes is great through the air and can run pretty good as well. I think his pocket presence is better than Josh. 

Edited by AlfaBill

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Too lazy to research-  

Who do we play if:  

We beat NE,

NYJ beats Miami 

do we play NE?  

I don’t think the record is great for teams trying to beat another team 3 times in one year.  Would rather face Pitt. 

3 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

I don’t think the record is great for teams trying to beat another team 3 times in one year.  Would rather face Pitt. 

Fine by me.  I’m confidant.

I’d relish ending the pats seasons two years in a row in embarrassing fashion. It’s our turn to dish out a helping of no hope.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think best scenario for us going into tomorrows games is….

1. Bills win and clinch 2 seed

2. Bengals lose to Baltimore and are 3 seed (unlikely without Lamar playing tomorrow)

3. Chargers lose to Broncos (again, very unlikely)

4. Miami loses

WC:

#2 Bills vs #7 Steelers (or Pats if Steelers lose)

#3 Bengals vs #6 Chargers - I favor this matchup because I think the Bills can handle KC at a neutral site but the Bengals and Chargers are a bit more unknown

#4 Jaguars vs #5 Ravens

Divisional:

#1 Chiefs vs #6 Chargers - Chargers beating the Bengals would help us avoid them and the Chargers would get a third shot to beat KC after two very close matches earlier this year

#2 Bills vs #5 Ravens - with Lamar probably back for playoffs they should be able to beat the Jags. Bills have played Jackson well historically

AFCCG:

#2 Bills vs #6 Chargers - home playoff game with Super Bowl on the line in late January Buffalo. I don’t think the Chargers will be up for it.

Super Bowl:

Bills vs Vikings - let their luck get them to this game so we can avenge ourselves.

Super Bowl Champion Bills baby!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I think best scenario for us going into tomorrows games is….

1. Bills win and clinch 2 seed

2. Bengals lose to Baltimore and are 3 seed (unlikely without Lamar playing tomorrow)

3. Chargers lose to Broncos (again, very unlikely)

4. Miami loses

WC:

#2 Bills vs #7 Steelers (or Pats if Steelers lose)

#3 Bengals vs #6 Chargers - I favor this matchup because I think the Bills can handle KC at a neutral site but the Bengals and Chargers are a bit more unknown

#4 Jaguars vs #5 Ravens

Divisional:

#1 Chiefs vs #6 Chargers - Chargers beating the Bengals would help us avoid them and the Chargers would get a third shot to beat KC after two very close matches earlier this year

#2 Bills vs #5 Ravens - with Lamar probably back for playoffs they should be able to beat the Jags. Bills have played Jackson well historically

AFCCG:

#2 Bills vs #6 Chargers - home playoff game with Super Bowl on the line in late January Buffalo. I don’t think the Chargers will be up for it.

Super Bowl:

Bills vs Vikings - let their luck get them to this game so we can avenge ourselves.

Super Bowl Champion Bills baby!

fun post!  Ravens are going to lose tomorrow and be the 6.  Only chance they have against Cincy is if Lamar plays for Wild Card.

I would really like for Broncos and Ravens to win because it means Chargers could upset Bengals (who I want no part of)

Also, the Vikings are one of the worst 12 win teams in recent memory along with the 1 seed 12-5 Titans. There is simply no way they get past Lions/Packers, Cowboys, Niners, Eagles

Edited by Warriorspikes51

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

fun post!  Ravens are going to lose tomorrow and be the 6.  Only chance they have against Cincy is if Lamar plays for Wild Card.

I would really like for Broncos and Ravens to win because it means Chargers could upset Bengals (who I want no part of)

Also, the Vikings are one of the worst 12 win teams in recent memory along with the 1 seed 12-5 Titans. There is simply no way they get past Lions/Packers, Cowboys, Niners, Eagles

Those Vikings are not good…..but

they are going to get an overachieving Giants team in the WC

Likely a 9ers team led by a rookie QB in divisional

then they just have to pull a rabbit out of their arse against the winner of likely Philly/Dallas

Bills Vikes baby! Haha

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

So by your definition here, I just saw a blindside block on that TD return. And it was easily seen by everybody.

That's the NFL's definition. Not mine. 

ARTICLE 7. BLINDSIDE BLOCK. It is a foul if a player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder.

Edited by Motorin'

1 hour ago, CapeBreton said:

Bills lost to Jax last year coached by Urban freaking Meyer. I'd rather not play them this year either.

Jax is probably the weakest team making the AFC playoffs. What happened last year means nothing. I think you are just being paranoid. If they lose to the Jags then they deserve to go home. The Jags are no team to fear. The Chargers would be the team to fear. Maybe the Ravens with a completely healthy Lamar and their playoff experience. However, the Bills have their number. Lastly, the Dolphins if Tua gets healthy could be a tough out for Buffalo. All of these teams are better than Jax. 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

They're an unpredictable team with a bunch of raw talent 

Though I'd much rather play them than LA or Cincy

Who do they have that's scary? Are you scared of Lawerence? Zay Jones? Entienne? Engram? Or LB Josh Allen? 

The Jags aren't going anywhere. One and done. Nice feel good story. 

1 hour ago, major said:

I’ll be honest with everyone, it was hard for me to watch the nfl tonight. Monday was traumatizing for everyone. I kept thinking, if it’s like this for me as a fan, what must it be like for these players (especially our own and the bengals tomorrow) 

I respect and understand your feelings. Everyone processes trauma differently. As for me, I was right back into the saddle watching football. Knowing that Damar is doing well, talking, breathing, tweeting, etc...just eased my whole mind and body. 

Tomorrow is going to be a scene like we've never experienced before. No doubt tears of joy will be flowing. My chest will be puffed out with pride.

God is great!!!!

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

Yep and hopefully it’s the LAC that plays Jax and then beats them because I think LAC are the only WC team that has a legitimate chance to go into Arrowhead and win, albeit not a huge chance. 

I give the Chargers a good shot at beating them. They are getting healthy at the right time. Bosa and Mack can give Mahomes problems. Derwin can shine. Remember how the Chargers knocked around the Dolphins receivers. Perhaps they can do the same to the Chiefs. The Chargers have had issues stopping the run. My biggest fear is the Chargers can't close out games especially vs the Chiefs. This matchup is a good one. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

2nd round of the playoffs looking like it could possibly be: Chargers @ Chiefs and Bengals @ Billls. Any of those teams could win and those 4 QBs are all top 5 QBs in the league rn

I'm going to say the first round will be:

Dolphins @ Bills

Ravens @ Bengals

Chargers @ Jaguars

It would be New England

I really don't want to play the Dolphins. We are the better team. They can beat the Bills with a few breaks and Bills poor play. They gave the Bills all they could handle last game. 

Edited by newcam2012

8 hours ago, seattlebillsfan said:

Wasn’t his arm moving forward? Why do the NFL and east coast media elites feel a need to cheat to get Jacksonville in the playoffs? Is it an effort to start building the Trevor Lawrence storyline?

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

If it was Mahomes then definitely a forward pass. No doubt in my mind 

8 hours ago, LanderPoke said:

How does one fumble it forward, with velocity, 12 yards, in the direction he was intending to throw it? 

8 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

The league wants the Jags to win to showcase Trevor Lawrence.

clear case of the NFL shaping storylines  and altering the outcomes of games.

8 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

To a degree, but with a 2nd year QB drafted #1 overall, a new coach and spending that kind of cash, you would hope for better than 9-8. Though they were bad last year. 

They also lucked out in that every other team in that division alone is atrocious. Much less their signature win this year being a 27-10 comeback to Dallas where Dak Prescott decided to throw them the ball. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Jax is probably the weakest team making the AFC playoffs. What happened last year means nothing. I think you are just being paranoid. If they lose to the Jags then they deserve to go home. The Jags are no team to fear. The Chargers would be the team to fear. Maybe the Ravens with a completely healthy Lamar and their playoff experience. However, the Bills have their number. Lastly, the Dolphins if Tua gets healthy could be a tough out for Buffalo. All of these teams are better than Jax. 

Who do they have that's scary? Are you scared of Lawerence? Zay Jones? Entienne? Engram? Or LB Josh Allen? 

The Jags aren't going anywhere. One and done. Nice feel good story. 

Even though he didn't look good last night, Lawrence has been playing very well the last few weeks 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.