The future of TV's

Draconator

This 4K TV sticks to any surface, without a wall mount. No cords as it runs on rechargeable battery power. No remote as it has a tiny camera on the TV that picks up hand gestures. Will be released at the end of 2023 for about $3000.  All I need to do is sell a house at that time and I'm grabbing one of these!

https://www.zdnet.com/home-and-office/home-entertainment/groundbreaking-wireless-tv-ditches-the-remote-and-sticks-to-any-wall-without-a-mount/

Edited by Draconator

Newer isn't always better. Take washing machines as an example. They break down more easily with their electronics dashboard. Things go out of wack and you are lucky if you can get 5 years out of them. The washing machines from the 80's and 90's were so much better and they lasted much longer as well.

• Agree 3

what hand gestures will bring up the netflix app, go to the search function, then type in letters for what I am looking for?

dont-get-it.gif

The alexa-powered (or other voice recognition app) remote works just fine.

Other than the remote thing, I think it all sounds good, especially the charging function, however I wouldnt trust the first generation of it.  I wonder how light it will be that it sticks?  I also wonder what size is the $3,000 version.  I just got a 75" TV mounted in my living room and it is 75 pounds and no sticking/adhesive would hold that up securely and safely.  If there is an adhesive that would do the trick, Im sure it would tear out a chunk of drywall when it is time to replace the TV or move.

30 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Newer isn't always better. Take washing machines as an example. They break down more easily with their electronics dashboard. Things go out of wack and you are lucky if you can get 5 years out of them. The washing machines from the 80's and 90's were so much better and they lasted much longer as well.

Speed Queens.

No way I'm buying any tv from a start up company.  I'll stick with Samsung, LG, or Sony for my TVs, thank you very much.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I wouldnt trust the first generation of it. 

Agreed. There's a reason some people refer to the "leading edge" as the "bleeding edge." I like to let the rich kids do the beta testing for me. Once the early bugs get fixed, the prices tend to drop significantly, making the second generation affordable and more reliable.

12 hours ago, Draconator said:

No remote as it has a tiny camera on the TV that picks up hand gestures.

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The hand gesture thing seems ridiculous.

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

dont-get-it.gif

1 hour ago, Ned Flanders said:

So, if I flip this TV the bird, the Patriots game suddenly comes on?

58 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Hand gestures you say....🖕 what channel is this?

tom-hanks-jack-off.gif

I've noticed that a lot of people are really into having the latest TV technology.  To each his own, but I'm just not one of those guys.  I've had the same LG television for about a decade and I'm still perfectly happy with the picture.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

tv are one of the technologies that i will not run out and buy when the newest thing comes out.  after 6 months the price always drops significantly, and something slightly better comes out.  

Generally agree.............but that's not what happened with plasma tv technology...........they discontinued it despite it being a superior picture to the LCD tech and it took many years for OLED to be readily available to replicate the deep blacks of plasma.........and only now are those starting to size up to anywhere near the cheaper panel technologies.      

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.