Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well this would likely be the worst case scenario in terms of scheduling. 

I don’t have a problem with this if we are 1 seed. Beat cin in essentially a practice playoff game, then get a week off.

Worse case - Lose that game you get to play another game still. 

8 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Even though Rhodes has never played safety, I’d have to believe he’d be better at that position than an undrafted journeyman on his 3rd or 4th team but hey, I’m just a guy sitting on a couch 😅

I have been hoping they were trying him out there since they signed him he has the experience that could help at least but like you, I hang out on the couch too 🤣 Well s**t they just released Rhodes 😳

Edited by TheBeaneBandit

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

There is a one week break before the SB, no? 

Ah - I read it wrong.  Oops.  They'd just have the NFC take their bye the following week, so by the time the SB rolled around, both champs would get the extra week.

Not terrible, now that I understand it. I suppose at least we'd get a shot at the 1 seed.

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I don’t have a problem with this if we are 1 seed. Beat cin in essentially a practice playoff game, then get a week off.

Worse case - Lose that game you get to play another game still. 

Yes, but then every other team in the AFC gets a bye week, week 19 so even if we get that week off (week 20), so do the other teams (week 19).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:

No.  That goes away with these playoff byes. 

Just now, balln said:

Yes. 

Play CIN for chance at 1 seed or chance we get a week off if we got Super Bowl? I am taking a shot at the 1 seed. The nfc team won’t have the week off either. 

1 minute ago, Success said:

Ah - I read it wrong.  Oops.  They'd just have the NFC take their bye the following week, so by the time the SB rolled around, both champs would get the extra week.

Not terrible, now that I understand it. I suppose at least we'd get a shot at the 1 seed.

Or a shot at limping into the playoffs. If that’s the NFLs solution I’m taking the next two weeks off if I’m the Bills. At least they’ll know if the Chiefs lost on Saturday. If KC wins I’d rest up as the 3 

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Even though Rhodes has never played safety, I’d have to believe he’d be better at that position than an undrafted journeyman on his 3rd or 4th team but hey, I’m just a guy sitting on a couch 😅

Or it could be they know Rhodes isn’t going to sign anywhere and can be available and they want to get in to get a  look and talk to him for a potential signing for next year.

Beane is always looking at bottom end roster guys.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I made this today. I’d like to see the Bills do something like this for the rest of the season if possible. Feel free to use it if you like it.

03B0930F-34F2-4083-BC14-7796C1EC9683.jpeg

It'd be really cool if they put a number 3 in the bills logo on the field Sunday. There's probably some stupid nfl rules about that or something though 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Or a shot at limping into the playoffs. If that’s the NFLs solution I’m taking the next two weeks off if I’m the Bills. At least they’ll know if the Chiefs lost on Saturday. If KC wins I’d rest up as the 3 

Limping how? We are either playing cin week 19 or the ravens or chargers. Not getting a bye that week. I play cin, win and we get our week off. Lose and we are playing the ravens or chargers. I take that over not playing then in a one and done game. 

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

I made this today. I’d like to see the Bills do something like this for the rest of the season if possible. Feel free to use it if you like it.

03B0930F-34F2-4083-BC14-7796C1EC9683.jpeg

Love the idea, but I think the logo at the 50-yard line is permanently sewn in. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Success said:

Nope the bye weeks eliminate the extra week before the SB.

So now either the Bills or the Bengals or both get totally screwed as their opponents get rest and time to prepare with limited outcomes - while they play a huge and emotional game.

It is the absolute worst thing the NFL could do to screw both of these teams, but if they must get the game in - they might try this.

🤮

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Limping how? We are either playing cin week 19 or the ravens or chargers. Not getting a bye that week. I play cin, win and we get our week off. Lose and we are playing the ravens or chargers. I take that over not playing then in a one and done game. 

Yes but you are playing the Ravens Chargers after they played week 18 or after they get a weeks rest and healed up while you are playing and emotional game and then playing those same teams.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Playing this week then next Vs CIN could leave us in an injury riddled situation heading into a certain playoff game the next week. Resting vs NE and CIN gives the Bills essentially a bye and a guaranteed home game plus possibly 2 road playoff games. There are 3 potential outcomes. One is very bad - 3 seed with no rest of any kind. Which would you choose? I’d take the guaranteed down time. 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Playing this week then next Vs CIN could leave us in an injury riddled situation heading into a certain playoff game the next week. Resting vs NE and CIN gives the Bills essentially a bye and a guaranteed home game plus possibly 2 road playoff games. There are 3 potential outcomes. One is very bad - 3 seed with no rest of any kind. Which would you choose? I’d take the guaranteed down time. 

So basically take this week off and we are on the next week in a lose and season over game? That does not sound appealing to me. I like the idea of meaningful games vs ne and cin to make sure our heads are right going into the playoffs. Two practice games means more to me than the rest. 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

So basically take this week off and we are on the next week in a lose and season over game? That does not sound appealing to me. I like the idea of meaningful games vs ne and cin to make sure our heads are right going into the playoffs. Two practice games means more to me than the rest. 

What ? The week 19 vs CIN is not a lose and season over game. The Bills are in the playoffs and week 19 is AFC playoff bye. Bills vs Bengals is for seeding. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't attempt to speak for anybody else but what I need is Damar to rise and in a Bills football helmet again, and to get back to the normalcy and escape provided by watching the Bills excite 70 thousand people.  They will have their work cut out for them on a short week, have not played 60 minutes in two weeks, and their friend still in the hospital, but boy will ever be nice to hand the Pats a playoff exit the way they were used to handing to the Bills, even if it's not Tom Brady but would like him to be next in line.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.