Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

19 minutes ago, ImpactCorey said:

This is also not accurate.  If the Bills have a better record than Cincy (Bills win or both Bills and Cincy lose this weekend) then Bills host against Cincy as well.

There are only THREE scenarios where there is a neutral site:

No wonder Cincy is so PO'd.  They were the biggest loser in the vote. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, The Red King said:

KC loses, CIN and BUF win and this whole mess goes away for us, BUF is 1st Seed, KC 2nd, CIN 3rd. The single outlier would be KC vs. CIN would be at a neutral site.

The Bengals will be annoyed that they didn't get a shot at number one seed.

19 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The Bengals will be annoyed that they didn't get a shot at number one seed.

Don't throw 4 INT's against the Steelers in the first game of the year and have your kicker miss a game winning XP then. That's what they should be annoyed about.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Check-mate!

They were never gonna win that game anyway ;)

I'll bet you that in none of those 5 games did the Bills base secondary consist of Siran Neal, Jaquan Johnson, an injured Poyer, a hobbled Tre White and Dane Jackson.

Allen was going to have to score on every possession just to stay in it.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'll bet you that in none of those 5 games did the Bills base secondary consist of Siran Neal, Jaquan Johnson, an injured Poyer, a hobbled Tre White and Dane Jackson.

Allen was going to have to score on every possession just to stay in it.

Still might be better than Eli Apple and Cam Taylor-Britt

If they are going to flip a coin to determine home field advantage for Cincy/Baltimore even though Cincy would have the better win percentage, then they should do the same for the #1 seed if both Buffalo and KC win Sunday.

Its certainly better than stripping the #1 seed from Buffalo to hand to KC even though Buffalo holds it now, and has for most of the season plus beat KC head to head.

At least a coin toss would give the Bills a chance to hold onto the #1 seed (if they go by win percentage).

Edited by BillsFan4

51 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Check-mate!

They were never gonna win that game anyway ;)

I disagree. There was a pretty good chance the Bills were going to lose this game. The defense would have been down two starters. The home crowd was on a frenzy. Burrow and the Bengal offense were rolling. The Bills comebacks this season were all against sub par QBs and mostly inferior teams by a good margin. Sure the Bills could have won. Make no mistake about it that it would have been an uphill battle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I don't think it's possible for Bills and Bengals to be the AFC Title game, since Bengals are pretty much locked into 3rd seed and if 2 and 3 are in the divisional round they would play each other, since another lower seeded team would be the team #1 would play. 

Raiders win it is 

All three teams were hurt by this/helped by this, and I think it is the best situation given the circumstances.

Now that Damar is doing better, I think people will feel free to be a little more open about worrying about things that a couple days ago would have gotten you in trouble, but I still think it is pretty silly.

Complicated what-if arguments can and will be made for each hypothetical outcome of the canceled game plus the unfolding games actually played, but in the end they split the difference of what was a pretty close to 50/50 game, and avoided any one side being heavily penalized compared to the more favorable outcome of the canceled game.

I officially accept as reasonable the outcome, and promise not to say after we beat the Pats "no fair, we should have had a chance the bye and the home AFC title game".

• Like (+1) 1

Now that Zac Taylor is going scorched earth on the playoff adjustments, he's going to have his guys running through a wall and playing the world is against us card.  If the Bills play Cincinnati in the playoffs, that's gonna be our hardest game to get past.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Now that Zac Taylor is going scorched earth on the playoff adjustments, he's going to have his guys running through a wall and playing the world is against us card.  If the Bills play Cincinnati in the playoffs, that's gonna be our hardest game to get past.

Nothing against them, but hopefully his negative comments are a distraction and the team is less focused than expected in the Wild Card 

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Nothing against them, but hopefully his negative comments are a distraction and the team is less focused than expected in the Wild Card 

I kinda think he’s using this to get his club fired up to beat the Ravens and then into the playoffs.  

One thing the NFL did right, they made sure to keep the KC, Buffalo and Cincinnati games this weekend all meaningful. 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I disagree. There was a pretty good chance the Bills were going to lose this game. The defense would have been down two starters. The home crowd was on a frenzy. Burrow and the Bengal offense were rolling. The Bills comebacks this season were all against sub par QBs and mostly inferior teams by a good margin. Sure the Bills could have won. Make no mistake about it that it would have been an uphill battle. 

Only uphill battle is your Bills fandom.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.