Playoff Solutions Assuming they don’t replay the Bengals game.

Locomark

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think they need to take a forfeit. They just don't count the game. Bills and Bengals play a 16 game schedule and you use win % for seeding.

There is no way that the Bills will be forced to take a forfeit because one of their players nearly died on the field (and we still have no idea of ultimate outcome yet).

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

🤷‍♂️ sorry. I’ve watched this team for decades. They are missing an extra gear this year and deep down we all know it. 

BS. You haven’t been watching them very closely. Down 20-3 at Balt and won, down last week at half and won 35-13. You have no idea how this would have turned out.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Come on. We saw the Taron injury. And burrow throwing dimes (he’s 4-4) directly at our best corner.

And us coming up short on throws. You could see the direction clearly. Our secondary can’t hang. Which was made clear on the opening PI call for 30 yards. 

oh by the way, it’s currently 7-3 and the Bengals are on our 48 with a 1st down. 

I mean this is game day thread level prognostication and losing mentality. You have 0 idea if the team wins or loses last night. None.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Come on. We saw the Taron injury. And burrow throwing dimes (he’s 4-4) directly at our best corner.

And us coming up short on throws. You could see the direction clearly. Our secondary can’t hang. Which was made clear on the opening PI call for 30 yards. 

oh by the way, it’s currently 7-3 and the Bengals are on our 48 with a 1st down. 

What a stupid post.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

🤷‍♂️ sorry. I’ve watched this team for decades. They are missing an extra gear this year and deep down we all know it. 

No we don't. They've won a bunch of close games this year.

Don't be sorry for your loser mentality and project it onto the rest of us.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

To be fair I don’t think that’s the ‘only’ thing they’re thinking about.  If the nfl discusses continuing the game I would certainly want it left up to the players whether they actually want to continue or not.  You can care about Hamlins health and think the situation is a bit unfair…it’s not an either/or  

that’s my guess as to how it’s going to go down…nfl will offer a reschedule and leave it up to both teams and if both teams agree they don’t want to play the game it won’t be counted.  

Yeah you're right I went too far judging people. I apologise. It isn't either/or. But the point is that I don't get why people are so adamant on playing the game just to make sure it's "fair" when it is more than clear that there are no good solutions available (and to me, cancelling the game is clearly the best / most simple one).

• Like (+1) 1

The problem with pushing the playoffs back a week and removing the extra week before the Super Bowl is that we are all just assuming the Bills are even ready to play next week. I'm sure the NFL would like them to play the Patriots this Sunday, as not playing them would create even more chaos in the fight for the last wild card spot. But I think for the Bills to be ready to play this Sunday they will need to get some really positive news on their teammate first. 

The Bills are in a position that they can easily skip these last two games before the playoffs start. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The problem with pushing the playoffs back a week and removing the extra week before the Super Bowl is that we are all just assuming the Bills are even ready to play next week. I'm sure the NFL would like them to play the Patriots this Sunday, as not playing them would create even more chaos in the fight for the last wild card spot. But I think for the Bills to be ready to play this Sunday they will need to get some really positive news on their teammate first. 

The Bills are in a position that they can easily skip these last two games before the playoffs start. 

Yep. I can see the Bills forfeiting this game and resting the starters against the Pats.

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yet both teams and particularly the Bills are given a competitive disadvantage by not even being allowed the opportunity to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs barring a KC loss to the Raiders 

We had all year, all we needed to do was not fumble a snap for a TD.

This is a tragic event, nothing is fair in life or this situation. As long as Hamlin lives that's all that matters. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Get rid of the bye week before the Super Bowl and Buffalo and Cincy have their game in 2 weeks. Only playoff games are pushed back a week and who cares about the Pro Bowl.

Seems about the most competitively fair thing they can do at this point 

I thought about this and that they move the pro bowl to the day before the Super Bowl. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.