Playoff Solutions Assuming they don’t replay the Bengals game.

Locomark

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

It's not folks errand when the statement was we didn't get a fair chance.  We did get and messed it up. Not getting the 1 seed would be on its no matter what happens with this awful situation. 

Not completing the entire season = not a fair chance. If the Bills choose to not complete it through forfeit that is fair. Both teams did not want to continue last night and that is fair too. See where this is going? Any other solution will likely not be completely fair to all involved and that makes it difficult. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, foreboding said:

How about 1 seed gets bye and 2 seed gets home field this year? Based on winning %.

I feel like if you did this you’d have to then give the 1 seed the option if they want the bye or home field. The 2 seed gets the other option. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Not completing the entire season = not a fair chance. If the Bills choose to not complete it through forfeit that is fair. Both teams did not want to continue last night and that is fair too. See where this is going? Any other solution will likely not be completely fair to all involved and that makes it difficult. 

The NFL would hate it, but I view a forfeit this week as a package deal with next week. If you are forfeiting the Bengals game then give the Patriots the W, rest up, and take some extra mental health time. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The problem with pushing the playoffs back a week and removing the extra week before the Super Bowl is that we are all just assuming the Bills are even ready to play next week. I'm sure the NFL would like them to play the Patriots this Sunday, as not playing them would create even more chaos in the fight for the last wild card spot. But I think for the Bills to be ready to play this Sunday they will need to get some really positive news on their teammate first. 

The Bills are in a position that they can easily skip these last two games before the playoffs start. 

I don’t want to come off as an ass but the Bills have no other choice but to play on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2

I know it seems heartless but I feel like the NFL has to make/announce a decision today in regards to this game but also the week 18 schedule and playoff situation. Again, it may seem inappropriate but the playoffs are still going to go on and you need to give all parties involved ample time to adjust if needed. The NFL hurts themselves more times than not but they are probably in a no-win situation here

• Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The playoffs are pushed back so one game is played between Bills and Bengals after week 18? 

Yes. Everyone gets a bye (a mini bye in the case of Bills and Bengals, if neither get the number one seed) before the play offs rather than before the Super Bowl.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

There is way to much logistically and financially for them to do this. I would be shocked if they moved the entire schedule a week.  Think of all the ticket purchases, travel arrangements for teams and fans, hotels, airlines, everything would be a cluster across the nfl if they did this.  In a glass bowl this is a great idea, but unfortunately I think the bills take an L for the Bengals game, and then they pushed the Pats game to MNF again to give them as much time as possible.  

They could push the bengals bills to the first week of the playoffs and move the playoffs a week forward. None of the playoff games are known so you aren’t moving anyone those weeks. Those stadium dates aren’t known either so the teams and fans don’t know those dates or have flights either. Isn’t there a Super Bowl gap week?  the only thing affected is the Pro Bowl then.

2 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Yeah, they would. It is a short hop.

Yea…idk why people are assuming it’s easy to book like 100 hotel rooms at the last possible minute. Even if they knew they’d have to come back to Cincinnati Tuesday they probably would’ve flown home last night still so that’s not proof of anything either way 

Do we think bills coaches and players are watching film from yesterday? Even brief there was some good stuff on tape. The Bengals OL held. A lot. And the chance to rush the middle was there.

I think we can alter the gameplan based on what I saw. 

Just now, Beast said:

I don’t want to come off as an ass but the Bills have no other choice but to play on Sunday.

No, i mostly agree.

1. I think the players and coaches will want to. It's how they are wired and it would be a distraction from the circumstances. Even if Hamlin's condition does not change between now and then or even gets worse, the likely feel the need and want to play come Sunday.

2. Not playing really screws up the playoffs even more.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 97bills said:

But if KC wins Sunday and so dose CIN , the bengals really want have nothing to play for. Is there really a big difference between 2 seed and 3. 

Yes .. 2 seed guaranteed 2 home games and cannot meet #1 until Championship game . Fairly big difference 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Come on. We saw the Taron injury. And burrow throwing dimes (he’s 4-4) directly at our best corner.

And us coming up short on throws. You could see the direction clearly. Our secondary can’t hang. Which was made clear on the opening PI call for 30 yards. 

oh by the way, it’s currently 7-3 and the Bengals are on our 48 with a 1st down. 

Yes, we had definitely lost.

Have no idea why the Vikings didn’t pack up and leave halfway through the game against the Colts either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.