Josh McDaniels doesn’t rule out benching Derek Carr

BuffaloBills1998

I believe the Raiders will bench Carr. They can exit his contract within 3 days after the super bowl, after that it guarantees.  If he gets injured he's protected in the contract. So basically, they should bench him to protect themselves from him getting hurt and his contract getting locked in. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

I believe the Raiders will bench Carr. They can exit his contract within 3 days after the super bowl, after that it guarantees.  If he gets injured he's protected in the contract. So basically, they should bench him to protect themselves from him getting hurt and his contract getting locked in. 

I think Carr has gotten a bad rap most of his career. He’s been pretty good, but not great, in a terribly unstable organization and has been extremely loyal to it.

I don’t know what he has in the tank anymore, but I do know that McDaniels sucks as a HC. At some point the org has to move on from both. Careers always end.  But if I’m a QB needy team like the Jets I would have zero issues taking a flyer on the guy. 

I hope McDaniels gets stuck with Carson Wentz. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think Carr has gotten a bad rap most of his career. He’s been pretty good, but not great, in a terribly unstable organization and has been extremely loyal to it.

I don’t know what he has in the tank anymore, but I do know that McDaniels sucks as a HC. At some point the org has to move on from both. Careers always end.  But if I’m a QB needy team like the Jets I would have zero issues taking a flyer on the guy. 

I hope McDaniels gets stuck with Carson Wentz. 

I think Carr goes to Miami. Jets have zero weapons on offense outside of their running game

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

you think he’ll be okay backing up Tua?  Or you think Tua will have a very early retirement?

Depends if they make the playoffs and how far they get. Tua still could call It quits and walk off. Watch for veteran FA QB’s line up for Miami. Tyreek is on pace for a 1,700 yard season and Waddle is already at 1,260 yards on pace to finish with 1,400 yards. I can definitely see Carr wanting to play with those guys

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Welp, McDaniels will be joining Patricia and Judge soon enough back home. 

I can’t believe how these former pats assistants all have failed spectacularly. I don’t think Bellichick has a single successful assistant from his coaching tree (I don’t count Vrabel, who never coached under him). 

That’s if Bellichick is even coaching for the Pats next year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He might be seeing NE as a no win situation, no QB, no o line,  no running game and flawed defense. I can see him pulling a Sean Payton and back himself out of NE. Fans are already calling for his head

Bills fans are teaching them how to organize a mob - sharpening pitchforks, picking right kind of torches, etc.

Bills-Mob.png

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Carr to the Jets would be something.

I wouldn’t be surprised if McDaniels is fired. Good spot for Payton.

Davis already said he’s not firing McDaniel. 

24 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Carr to the Jets would be something.

I wouldn’t be surprised if McDaniels is fired. Good spot for Payton.

I say Carr goes to Miami because of Tyreek and Jaylen. Also Florida no state tax. NY is one of the highest taxed states. He lives in LV Nevada one of the most tax friendly cities. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.