Josh McDaniels doesn’t rule out benching Derek Carr

BuffaloBills1998

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean, maybe he’s lying but he just flat out said he went to the Raiders because of Carr. 

“"Obviously, I don't think anybody was excited about it in here," Adams said, via Levi Edwards of the Raiders. "Him being one of my really good friends and the reason why I came here in the first place. I mean, I wouldn't be here right now if he wasn't here. I think everybody knows how I feel about him. With that said, this is the process of how things go, and I'm not gonna sit here and go on and on, but obviously I support my guy, and we gotta finish the season out the best way we can possible with all things considered at this point."”

You're right b.c it would be the first time ever a player would say something for PR purposes.

• Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

What could he possibly gain from that? 

More than saying he did it for the money. Come on man don't be gullible. 

Guess you believed Tyreek Hills comments on Tua also when he went to the Dolphins. Hahahaha

Edited by TBBills

38 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Guess you believed Tyreek Hills comments on Tua also when he went to the Dolphins. Hahahaha

Do you always laugh maniacally after finishing your thought, or is that an internet thing? 

Either way it gives me a big ol’ case of the creeps. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Do you always laugh maniacally after finishing your thought, or is that an internet thing? 

Either way it gives me a big ol’ case of the creeps. 

I was laughing at the fact you take everything seriously, just like now... on the internet. Are you Derek's parents or something you seem to care a lot about this guy.

Whatever team makes the wrong decision and picks him up will just be getting a worse draft pick the year after b/c that is all a QB like him can give you.

Edited by TBBills
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, TBBills said:

Isn't it fun to think a QB is good when they aren't. Tua must be heading to the HoF than.

Isn’t fun for u to act like u know football when u obviously don’t? Carr is a 3 time pro bowl QB has thrown for over 35,000 yds in his career . Last season he lead his team to 7 come back victories and almost defeated the Bengals on the road in the wildcard game. Since 2015 he has the most 4th quarter comeback victories in the NFL (23) and most game winning drives (29) . He’s a good QB NOT GREAT NOT ELITE do u know the difference? 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

At this point I think he’s no better than top 20. Top 15 is being overly generous. Guy had Davante and the best running back in the league and still couldn’t get it done. 

And produced a solid offense. The problem with the Raiders this year (and every other year) is their defense. They had a defense ranked in the top half of the league on EITHER yards or points ONCE in Carr's time as their QB. Last year. And he made the playoffs. 

I am not telling anyone Derek Carr is elite. He clearly isn't. But he isn't even among the top 5 issues with the Raiders. To be so inept on defense for so long is really hard in this league. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

17 hours ago, TBBills said:

You're right b.c it would be the first time ever a player would say something for PR purposes.

16 hours ago, TBBills said:

Well - if he did it for the Money - why didn’t he stay in GB.  Pat was talking about that on his show - how GB offered Adams more money, but what Adams wanted and was looking for (along with the money) was playing with a stable QB that they could build something around.

Adams talked about being sick of Rodgers and the yearly retirement and FA talk and decided to leave to go play with his college teammates that just signed a long term contract.  They even talked on the show about whether he was going to come back or try to work his way out of LV to go play where Carr lands.

So I guess I do not believe Money was the only reason and I think the Raiders screwed him by making this move.  I think he legitimately wanted to play with Carr and wanted them to be a team for several years.

Adams also worked to get a head of the questions with the reporters and he certainly did not look like what he was saying was PR related - he was legitimately hurt that Carr was benched and sent home - he looked angry and frustrated with the situation.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:28 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Welp, McDaniels will be joining Patricia and Judge soon enough back home. 

I can’t believe how these former pats assistants all have failed spectacularly. I don’t think Bellichick has a single successful assistant from his coaching tree (I don’t count Vrabel, who never coached under him). 

Saban is his only success I can think of.. what’s odd is he has a few GMs from his coaching tree. 

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Saban is his only success I can think of.. what’s odd is he has a few GMs from his coaching tree. 

I don’t count Saban because he was never able to have success at the NFL level. He is a great college recruiter; but he never proved himself to be a good coach in the NFL.

I think the reality is that the Patriot Way cannot be replicated.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t count Saban because he was never able to have success at the NFL level. He is a great college recruiter; but he never proved himself to be a good coach in the NFL.

I think the reality is that the Patriot Way cannot be replicated.

The problem Is to many of them act like BB and not themselves. Also the Patriot way is simple.. have a great QB and give him average talent on O that he can lift up while spending more money on the D and special Teams..  the scary part is I can’t think of a great Young QB who doesn’t have at least one elite WR/TE with them.. 

On 12/28/2022 at 3:03 AM, Nelius said:

Is Carr now a better representative of QB purgatory than Kirk Cousins? I don't know man, I hate Kirk Cousins so much, but this year has been a doozy. I think Carr is the new poster boy.

Why would you hate Kirk Cousins so much?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.